JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From my friend at OSP:

"Well, we got the background checks down to 1,410 and then it started rising. I left 11.5 hours later and it was at 2,375.

Stay safe, stay home. Stop with the gun buying already! I bet we break 3,000 Saturday."
atf-f-4473-1.jpg

Roger that and in all seriousness, I hope they can get those checks down pretty soon!
Oh yeah that's quite a backlog. I made a purchase a couple of weeks ago just before things started escalating. My BCG took about 2 minutes and I was done. I almost waited a week to make the purchase but I'm glad I didn't.

I'm hoping this will simmer down here real soon! I've got a buddy wanting one of my extras and we are holding off so he won't have to wait for a call back stating he is good to go.:rolleyes:

I did a transfer today through my FFL guy in Keizer and he had already put the rifle in the Safe because there was a 2000 and some backlog.

He submitted my paperwork and within one minute had the all clear.

He told me I needed to go out and buy a lottery ticket tonight.

I was told by a guy shop in Albany that the wait time on background checks are running between 6 to 8 hours because of panic buying. Can anyone confirm this.
There is something to that. But not for all.

On Friday of last week (13th), around 2030, in Cabelas, I was waiting at the main gun counter to get called to hear what kind of wait I would have for approval. (This was after a 3 hour wait for one of two employees - due to so many new buyers browsing and "testing" at the counter - at the back just to fill out the "form" and "pickup" the Glock 22 that I had ordered online.) Whilst waiting, he would call out a first name and tell them their number on the OSP list.

First guy I heard him tell that he was 136 on the list and come back tomorrow. Second guy (roughly 3 minutes) later was something like 168.

Fortunately I was called next and was told instant approval and I was out the door with "my" new hardware less than 10 minutes after I paid the $10 fee. I say "my" because I had to go back and do it again Saturday morning because they gave me the wrong Glock. I was instant approved again, and I "sold" the wrong one to them and re-purchased the right one, so it wasn't so terrible.

Yes I submitted with my SSN, and that may have helped as i but surely my military records didn't hurt either.

Yep it looks like this crap again up here in WA also. I did all my buying a few months ago. At least enough ammo for a couple of extended firefights, a couple of new guns too. Now I have enough for each window.

I bought a gun from an NWFA member on March 2nd (GREAT piece, btw. Extremely happy w it)... I'm pretty sure that was before all the panic-talk started. There was 50+ in the OSP "line" and that was on a regular old Monday evening. We commented on it during the wait but none of us could cone up with a reason for the virtual crowd scene.

Maybe those people knew something and where panic early-adopters.

A friend of mine had a table at the Albany show. He said he noticed an unusually long wait at that time.
My BCM came in the mail Wednesday but I wasn't able to go to my FFL to do the paperwork until last night because of my work schedule. Anyway, straight to the back of the Q...2778 as of 7:34pm last night. So I probably won't get to pick it up till Tuesday or wednesday. I was pretty salty...I work in LE, CCW holder, ect. Still pushed to the back. But I have witnessed others get instantly approved. No idea how OSP is handling them, but some people are getting very lucky. I unfortunately wasn't one of them, haha.

With the upcoming statewide, stay-at-home order, does anyone know if pawn shops and gun stores will be deemed essential businesses? Would suck to have to wait a couple of days for a BGC, only now for the FFL to have to shut its doors!!!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top