JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Handguns still through local PD/ sheriff I think. And can be as soon as they perform the check and give the all clear. Could still be longer though. Couple days after Christmas I bought a new glock and they quoted me expect 21 days but it cleared sooner. I don't remember exactly how many days it was though. I was out of state when they called

I think it was about a week and a half though

OMG NOOOOOOOOO I don't want to wait that long. The guy told me 10 business days.

They should re-instate the CHL bypass we had when it was a two-week waiting period. Do it for all guns. If you have a CHL, they verify that and walk out with it.

With the upcoming statewide, stay-at-home order, does anyone know if pawn shops and gun stores will be deemed essential businesses? Would suck to have to wait a couple of days for a BGC, only now for the FFL to have to shut its doors!!!

pawn shop next door to me says they operate under banking regulations so they're exempt and staying open

The pistol ammo isle at Post Falls Cabela's on Saturday. The rifle aisle was no better.

cell pics 084.jpg

I submitted a check on Sunday at 1pm.
I was # 2612 in the queue but not sure if that was with CHL jumping..?

I'm not concerned on when it approves, I did it kind of to see how slow it really is. Guessing I'll get a phone call tomorrow to come pick it up.

They should be able to check a few hundred per hour at a minimum, even if it is 200/hour, that's still 2400 a day.

You don't fill out a 4473 and expect NICS to actually be NInstantCS right?

I just got back from Oregon Rifleworks. Instant approval on my CZ Scorpion. I don't have a CHL. Guy said "I was one of the lucky ones".

Didn't mind waiting, but happy I don't have to go back there in a few days!

Is anybody hearing anything back that have submitted BG checks? I bought a rifle on the 13th before all this went in the toilet and was approved within 30 min. I bought another on Thursday, submitted the BG check on Saturday, and now haven't heard anything back in 4 days. I don't need this new one I'm waiting on, but I'd just like to know if the state is really taking that long to process the checks or if the gun shop just isn't getting back to people.

Was not aware the virus was armed with 308 Armor Piercing Incendiary.

Well I guess in the line of defense, it makes sense. Virus, then Toilet Paper, Ammo, Firearms, government take over.o_O

Is anybody hearing anything back that have submitted BG checks? I bought a rifle on the 13th before all this went in the toilet and was approved within 30 min. I bought another on Thursday, submitted the BG check on Saturday, and now haven't heard anything back in 4 days. I don't need this new one I'm waiting on, but I'd just like to know if the state is really taking that long to process the checks or if the gun shop just isn't getting back to people.

I went in Fri before last and was #216, got a call back that I was going to be delayed and I still have yet to hear anything.

so I sent my father in to get a pistol as he hasn't ever had a gun, he goes in Tue and comes back we'd to take his new handgun home. I then tell him to go get the gun I'm waiting for, he orders online on thurs, has it transferred to Tigard store, he goes in to check on sat and they have him submit his BCG and he picks it up Sunday.

Still I have heard nada. I have my CHL, I pass high level BCG all the time as an Oregon licensed locksmith, yet here I sit with no explanation......

Nice pictures of blacksheep terdog. I was there a couple months ago, piles and piles of ammo everywhere. I texted a buddy who lives in Post Falls that he better stock up, now's the time. Talked to him the other day and asked if he had got any, uh I forgot. Lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Lol. North forty up here looks like Cabelas does down there.

My good liberal friend who always gave me crap about owning guns finally decided he needed one because of this virus. He called me for advice and off he went to go buy one... His first message to me afterwards wasn't a picture of his new purchase... Nope... He was shocked he had to do a background check and finger prints. I laughed when he asked if it was easier if you use the "gun show loophole" :rolleyes:

Lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Lol. North forty up here looks like Cabelas does down there.

So true. Been telling my kids in Carson City NV the same thing. Jr went and bought a new FN compact, but only has 100 rnds (Sportsmans Warehouse is setting aside 100 rnds for everyone that buys a new gun ).

I missed his 21st bday last week cuz of CV19. It broke my heart.:confused:
I got him a nice BM-9 in FDE. He'll have to wait for it. But he BETTER find some 9mm cuz that gun is so much fun to shoot that he'll be empty before he knows it. :D

BM-9 TRUCK BED.jpg

So true. Been telling my kids in Carson City NV the same thing. Jr went and bought a new FN compact, but only has 100 rnds (Sportsmans Warehouse is setting aside 100 rnds for everyone that buys a new gun ).

I missed his 21st bday last week cuz of CV19. It broke my heart.:confused:
I got him a nice BM-9 in FDE. He'll have to wait for it. But he BETTER find some 9mm cuz that gun is so much fun to shoot that he'll be empty before he knows it. :D

View attachment 674867
I was wondering about that: what use is a new gun, if you cannot buy ammo for it. Smart thinking on Sportsmans part.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top