JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a new gun from Oregon Rifle Works on Friday, June 12 spent about 15 minutes in line to get into the store. Took less than 20 minutes to complete the transaction. My 4473 checks take less than 3 minutes every time unless the system is down.

They stopped putting CHL holders in the front of the line in Oregon. Looks like nothing has changed, from what folks are reporting. "We" do have a very good idea what is going on with the instant approvals. The pattern is consistent, and It's not something you can game. That's where it should be left, unless you want it to go away. o_O Think BATF and folks poking the Bear about build details.

In the meantime, it's good to keep track of how long it normally takes to get approval. Which is way too long right now. Kind of puts a damper on my Father's Day shopping / wish list. :(

I did a private purchase last week at a pdx pawn shop. Told I would have to come back another day. Ran through the osp check in less than a minute. Surprised everyone and said that happens sometimes.

Purchased Ruger Precision at Keizer farm supply today at 2:00 and was told 2700 in line. Three minute approval.

I always use my CHL and full middle name and never social security #.

rumor has it that it helps to have uncommon name....
:)

If you have a CHL you get bumped to the top of the list in Oregon.

If you have a CHL or if you use it as your ID for the purposes of the BGC? I have one (and have for a long time) but I've still had to wait and come back the following day because of the long line... I've pretty much never used it for the purposes of the BGC, though.

Thank goodness I don't need to buy anything right now!

This is bonkers. Worst wait times I've ever experienced.

Had to run another BGC on Monday, after the one on Saturday. 2900+ in the queue. Cleared again in a matter of minutes. Different FFL, same story, no idea from him or me why some folks go quickly, some have to wait.

He said he sees no pattern. Some folks go right away, some don't. He said SS# didn't matter, middle name didn't matter. CHL is probably helping, but he's seeing CHL holders delayed too. I don't think I have a particularly unique name, but who knows. Lots of head-scratching by a lot of folks over this.

I just added # 3164. :(

I am going to revise my previous statements and offer this suggestion: Google your name both first & last as well as first, middle & last. If there are news articles about arrests or mugshots appears under images on the first page of results you would enjoy life more with a designation/identifier not shared with a fellon.

1592349804290.png

I think my problem is there is an Irish terrorist bomber with my name, another Oregonian with outstanding warrants and convictions with my name, and cousins in other states with felony convictions who share my last name. I've had 5 checks in the last 10 weeks and only one instant approval.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top