JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remember when you could walk into a store but a gun and walk out with it.

1592449143245.jpeg

Someone down in the Salem area - please stop by the OSP office and ask them to wake the one person back there processing. Just sent #3454 into the line. Since they decided to hop in the middle of the process and charge for a free service they should provide some value over me doing this check for free.

Remember when you could walk into a store but a gun and walk out with it.

View attachment 711911

That wasn't that long ago, this is the first time I have transferred a gun where the BGC wasn't almost immediate.

What I miss is doing a private transfer in the parking lot with a handshake and no 4473, then taking the gun home know the gov didn't have a record of the gun you just bought or sold.

Tigard Pawn 4 More was telling folks today that they would have come back in seven days to pick up their firearms, since the OSP queue was up around 4,000 and climbing by 11:00 am.
They also said that they were running out of room in their storage safes.

I've given up on things for now. Not gonna bother with private transfers until things get back to normal.

All online orders I see are all back ordered too. I'll just stick to picking up ammo here an there adding to my pile.

Dang...I feel bad typing this. Entered into a private transfer with another NWF member at A Cut Above Pawn. He bought a gun from them while waiting and got put in the queue #3500. We go to make the transfer...30 second approval for mine. Everyone was like "WTF...who are you". And this was on a custom built AR pistol.

Dang...I feel bad typing this. Entered into a private transfer with another NWF member at A Cut Above Pawn. He bought a gun from them while waiting and got put in the queue #3500. We go to make the transfer...30 second approval for mine. Everyone was like "WTF...who are you". And this was on a custom built AR pistol.
Still waiting. Hoping tomorrow is the day otherwise it'll be another week before I can pick it up

I was told there was 3500 in the que before me and I'd be called in a few days.....it was an impulse buy so now I can talk myself out of the gun.....wish they said it was that long before I did the paperwork....

With the current riots in Reno and Vegas, panic buying has pushed BGs back to two weeks after it had improved to a few days. Supposedly libs are buying guns and are upset at the lengthy wait. Go figure...

With the current riots in Reno and Vegas, panic buying has pushed BGs back to two weeks after it had improved to a few days. Supposedly libs are buying guns and are upset at the lengthy wait. Go figure...

I really hope it is true that some of those who wanted this system and more, including waiting periods/etc, maybe now see why it is a problem. But I think that is too much to hope for.

Boy am I glad i got enough gun and not enough money at the moment. This reminds me of panic buy post New Town, Connecticut school incident, except people were more focused on AR/AK and Pmags.

Sure sounds like it to me!! No way it has to take them this long. Clearly an attempt by the state to intentionally slow walk all these purchases, probably with the hope of discouraging other buyers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top