JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would this have an effect on it?

iirc the staff is very small who do the BGC in Oregon -

The recent string of defunding police across the country may be having a side effect of this. Pretty sure OSP staff are included since they work in tandem with state troopers.

Would this have an effect on it?

iirc the staff is very small who do the BGC in Oregon -

The recent string of defunding police across the country may be having a side effect of this. Pretty sure OSP staff are included since they work in tandem with state troopers.

One of the reasons that the governor is protective of the OSP is because they are her enforcers and protectors. Her law enforcement corps. The governors office works very closely with the OSP. They pretty much take their orders from her office.

Wouldn't put it passed them to have a hand in the slow moving clears. Back when CV19 first kicked off the ques were high but they were moving along. Now they seem to be crawling.

At least from what I am gathering from input here unless you are one of the special stand out crowd members who gets approval instantly.

checkin the FICS site I get this:

***Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Oregon FICS unit is now only processing firearms backgrounds checks via the online portal. Please visit https://xn.osp.state.or.us/Fics/ to submit your transactions. Thank you for your cooperation.***

March 19, 2020

We are currently experiencing extremely high volume. We apologize for the
delay as we continue to process incoming background checks as quickly and
efficiently as possible. To expedite processing background checks, effective
immediately, FICS is temporarily discontinuing phone transactions and focusing resources
toward online web submissions.

Transfers must be entered online at FICS (FICS
On-Line). Please verify information is entered accurately including the full legal
name and current residential address. The FICS unit will continue to process web
transactions in the order received. Due to system limitations, if you have a
transfer for someone who is not a U.S. citizen or issues with logging into the
website, please call 503-934-2375 and leave a message. The messages will be
monitored hourly and these calls will be returned in the order received.

FICS Unit
Oregon State Police

***9/19/19***

THE OREGON STATE POLICE FICS UNIT IS LOCATED AT 3565 TRELSTAD AVE SE, SALEM,
OR 97317.

THE FOLLOWING MAY BE USED TO CONTACT THE FICS UNIT:

TOLL FREE DEALER LINE: 800-432-5059

FICS UNIT LOCAL DEALER NUMBER: 503-585-6245

CHALLENGE LINE: 503-373-1808

FICS UNIT FAX: 503-370-8584

EMAIL: [email protected]

USEFUL INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON OUR WEBPAGE AT

aspx

FICS UNIT
OREGON STATE POLICE​

• We will process Web transactions in the order received.
If we need to respond, please understand the wait time will depend on the volume of Transactions. Thank you.

Found this too while lookin around, granted this is for their 2017-2019 budget summary.

Ctrl+F NICS and you'll find it:
Note #7,a. - The FICS (#7) and OUCR (#6) programs were viewed as having 1he same level of priority In 1he Initial ranking of priorities. Because there Is an altemative to FICS (1he State COUld decide to delerfirearm checks to 1he FBI's National Instant Check System (NICS)), OUCR was ranked higher in the final ranking. It should be noted that a shift from FICS to NICS would require action by the Oregon legislature to repeal andlor revise existing DRS. A shift from FICS to NICS would also result in a less comprehensive background check due to unique state requirements that would not be picked up by the NICS program. Such as: private party checks either at a gun show or not at a gun show, stolen gun check and verification of purchasers Identification. Note #8.a. - This program supports a required function necessary to allow Oregon's continued access to the FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database system and the Interstate Identification Index (III) state databases used for both criminal and non-criminal justice functions.

Last Edited:
With the current riots in Reno and Vegas, panic buying has pushed BGs back to two weeks after it had improved to a few days. Supposedly libs are buying guns and are upset at the lengthy wait. Go figure...

So I have to wonder.....ALL these people deciding, after all these years of ambivalence, to buy guns for possibly protecting themselves and/or their families.....When the california type laws start coming down in other states after the elections will these new gun buyers just roll-over and turn in their guns? Or will they stand up and say "Go To Hell!" ?

So I have to wonder.....ALL these people deciding, after all these years of ambivalence, to buy guns for possibly protecting themselves and/or their families.....When the california type laws start coming down in other states after the elections will these new gun buyers just roll-over and turn in their guns? Or will they stand up and say "Go To Hell!" ?

They might say "oh darn! I had a tragic boating accident!"

I am sure they will be just like before. Us as gun owners just need to come to the realization that the 2nd amendment is just not important to most people. I am a single issue voter along probably with most of this firearms board but most of the population just isn't. I vote for conservatives not because I 100% agree with everything they do. I vote conservative because they the are not trying to actively take my gun rights away. They definitely are not doing a good job of gaining them when they can.

Picked up a rifle today 6-22 in Salem. Background check took about 45 seconds to go through. Gal at the counter said every check today was immediate except one that got put in the queue. LOL

Found a new pistol I've been looking for and purchased it from a retailer today (6/23/20). Was told I was #3714 in the OSP BGC queue. Will be at least a week before I get a call-back to pickup the pistol. Sales guy said the motivation for panic buying has switched from COVID to riots.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top