JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll bet this action by PSA is NOT about the so-called AWB but in fact the bill that gives the AG and nearly anyone the ability to file suit as they wish against anyone in the industry for the actions of the end user. 5078 is nothing more than a "sue the industry out of business" bill. I know many businesses that were told they could no longer get insured if this garbage passed.

SB 5078 - 2023-24

Protecting public safety by establishing duties of firearm industry members.

I think Palmetto cutting off your state is the gun equivalent to Walmart pulling its stores out of liberal high theft areas.

Neither one is a good sign that things are going well for that state!

I think Palmetto cutting off your state is the gun equivalent to Walmart pulling its stores out of liberal high theft areas.

Neither one is a good sign that things are going well for that state!
The ironic thing is that Walmart targets low income areas for their stores.

The only option to possibly get away from them there is possibly Linux, but there isn't much support there...
Uninformed at best and ignorant* at worst.
Since late 2000 I have had no use for M$ products save for a platform for M$ Office and CAD-CAM.

Hostname: stormie - OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64/x86_64 - Distro: Debian 7.3 - CPU: 4
x Intel Xeon (3000.000 MHz) - Processes: 174 - Uptime: 22d 2h 43m - Users: 2 -
Load Average: 5.58 - Memory Usage: 1540.00MB/3965.45MB (38.84%) - Disk Usage: 10
00.50GB/3715.42GB (26.93%)

And that is the near obsolescent everyday workhorse.

My desktop of late is Mint Mate and my repositories are largely Debian and Ubuntu with a number of PPA's for special projects. The only place I have used Window$ in the last 15 years is in a virtual machine with Linux/Unix as the host.

The support is unique and awe inspiring once you learn the basics. The support comes from the user base itself. Much like these forums.
Third party support is even better as you are usually paying money for these binaries and expect your money's worth.

My reason for making the switch nearly 25 years ago was a comment from a Unix administrator
You wouldn't buy a car with the hood welded shut, why would you buy an operating system with the source code and acpi inaccessible to the user?

So let me go back to that one word "ignorant" . I don't mean it as an insult or even a slight. I use the word only in it's descriptive form. You just are not aware of the (many) options .

Solaris, a solution looking for a problem.
Red Hat, the pay to play version.
FreeBsd, for speed
GenToo, roll your own from scratch.
NetBSD, because if it can't be ported to NetBSD it will be.
OpenBSD, for security
Slackware, for nerds
Arch, for even more nerdy
Debian, because it works
Ubuntu for the plug and play masses (also owes it's existence to Ubuntu)
Mint, More of a desktop derivative with it's own (Ubuntu/Debian) repositories)
KDE, in some designs the most like a windows desktop experience

I'm purposely leaving out a host of other options. Each of the above has its own dedicated support community.

I'll apologize for the length but not the content
"The only option to possibly get away from them there is possibly Linux, but there isn't much support there..."
...Just set me off. 🙃

Uninformed at best and ignorant* at worst.
Since late 2000 I have had no use for M$ products save for a platform for M$ Office and CAD-CAM.

Hostname: stormie - OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64/x86_64 - Distro: Debian 7.3 - CPU: 4
x Intel Xeon (3000.000 MHz) - Processes: 174 - Uptime: 22d 2h 43m - Users: 2 -
Load Average: 5.58 - Memory Usage: 1540.00MB/3965.45MB (38.84%) - Disk Usage: 10
00.50GB/3715.42GB (26.93%)

And that is the near obsolescent everyday workhorse.

My desktop of late is Mint Mate and my repositories are largely Debian and Ubuntu with a number of PPA's for special projects. The only place I have used Window$ in the last 15 years is in a virtual machine with Linux/Unix as the host.

The support is unique and awe inspiring once you learn the basics. The support comes from the user base itself. Much like these forums.
Third party support is even better as you are usually paying money for these binaries and expect your money's worth.

My reason for making the switch nearly 25 years ago was a comment from a Unix administrator
You wouldn't buy a car with the hood welded shut, why would you buy an operating system with the source code and acpi inaccessible to the user?

So let me go back to that one word "ignorant" . I don't mean it as an insult or even a slight. I use the word only in it's descriptive form. You just are not aware of the (many) options .

Solaris, a solution looking for a problem.
Red Hat, the pay to play version.
FreeBsd, for speed
GenToo, roll your own from scratch.
NetBSD, because if it can't be ported to NetBSD it will be.
OpenBSD, for security
Slackware, for nerds
Arch, for even more nerdy
Debian, because it works
Ubuntu for the plug and play masses (also owes it's existence to Ubuntu)
Mint, More of a desktop derivative with it's own (Ubuntu/Debian) repositories)
KDE, in some designs the most like a windows desktop experience

I'm purposely leaving out a host of other options. Each of the above has its own dedicated support community.

I'll apologize for the length but not the content
"The only option to possibly get away from them there is possibly Linux, but there isn't much support there..."
...Just set me off. 🙃
Sorry, please let me clarify.
I do use opensource software. Big fan of Gimp, Open Office, Apache, etc. I have used Ubuntu, Linspire and Mint in the past. I didn't mean to infer that there was a lack of community support for the Linux distros themselves, but rather industry support for 3rd party applications to run on Linux. I know there have been some better acceptance and strides in the computer industry with regard to driver support, but with my limited experience, there still seems to be somewhat of a hesitation to wholly accept it open-arms into the 3rd party software community.
I do wish I had more Linux experience. I took some Linux instruction in college, have supported software that ran on Linux when I did application support/software sales at my last job, and have used a few versions as desktops and or file/media servers in the past, but I am in no way, what I would consider an accomplished Linux user.

Last Edited:
I inquired about a non-threaded barrel Dagger. No legality issue pre or post hb1240. Tell me where the danger for PSA is in selling that to me. I would be able to buy a non-threaded G19 after HB1240 is signed in.
You could ask a family member or friend who lives in a free state that if you sent them the money could they buy this barrel for you(since it is not a FFL item) and then mail it to you. There is no way that Washington is going to scan / open every single package / piece of mail that comes into the state looking for 'contraband', and once you got it no one would ever know.

If it were merely a part, then maybe. This is a clone of a glock 19 though, and at this point, I don't even want it. I was just asking their customer support a question about the magazines that came with. Wasn't trying to buy it.

The ironic thing is that Walmart targets low income areas for their stores.
This has been VERY interesting to watch over the years. One party who claims to champion the "poor" has taken turns condemning Wally for existing then for leaving. First they were protesting their very existence as they opened. Now as they get fed up with the way that same party loves criminals and closes down? The same party screams they are leaving the poor with no place to shop.:confused:
I would think the "poor" could go shop at those places the one party kept saying were so much better? :s0140:

You could ask a family member or friend who lives in a free state that if you sent them the money could they buy this barrel for you(since it is not a FFL item) and then mail it to you. There is no way that Washington is going to scan / open every single package / piece of mail that comes into the state looking for 'contraband', and once you got it no one would ever know.
If they do not get a hold put on this stupid new law I have zero doubt a lot of people will either have parts sent to someone and sent to them or pick things up when traveling. If they do it for themselves noting would ever happen. There will always be some fool who will do this in mass amounts and brag/ advertise they are doing it. Now one of them may get in a jam. If they do they will of course take to the net to beg for others to help them. :cool:

Well it looks like Illinois got an injunction and PSA already anounced they will start accepting orders agian. Heres hoping
I lived most of my life in IL. It is sadly just like oregon. Nearly all of the state is held hostage by pretty much 1 city.

It is actually a pretty conservative population everywhere outside of the greater Chicago metropolitan area. Pretty much like how oregon is pretty conservative except for a few cities.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top