JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even if the Walmart you visit has guns good luck finding someone in that department they had wait times long before wait times existed pretty sure they invented wait times for pretty much all of their wares lol
That was why I long ago stopped bothering to look for ammo there. During last couple panic shortages they would get ammo in and never gouged on price. The whole problem was finding the one employee in the store with a key. Was never worth it to me. The corporate did not care since they made so little off the sales so it was no longer worth having staff there all the time. It did used to be funny decades back when they staffed the counter. I would buy a lot of .22 ammo there. Register would prompt the clerk a couple times saying "Is ammo for a hand gun?" "If yes is customer over 21?" Some of them would glance at me and just hit the button. Some would freeze up reading the screen. When they did I would say, yes its for a hand gun, yes as you can see I am over 21. That would make them smile and they would hit the button to finish the sale. :D

Back when I did shop at WM, I would just go behind the gun counter and someone would show up in seconds. I'd tell them what I wanted before they had a chance to lecture me about where I was "supposed" to be.
LOL, now I had never thought of that. One way to get their attention. :s0140:
At the big one we used to shop at in winter they would put the sunflower seed bags in the warehouse in winter to put holiday stuff in the shelf space. Since I knew where it was I would walk back there, grab a couple bags and walk out. A couple times I would find them "guarding" that door to keep me out of there so I would point and say grab me two of those. Often the robot would freeze for a second unsure what to do but they would go grab the bags for me:D

Back when I did shop at WM, I would just go behind the gun counter and someone would show up in seconds. I'd tell them what I wanted before they had a chance to lecture me about where I was "supposed" to be.
I employ a similar tactic at Lowes and Home Depot when no help is to be found. I just grab one of those rolling ladders that say employees only and start climbing. Usually have plenty of help almost immediately.

I employ a similar tactic at Lowes and Home Depot when no help is to be found. I just grab one of those rolling ladders that say employees only and start climbing. Usually have plenty of help almost immediately.
Is it OK to use those employee ladders if you do self checkout?

That was why I long ago stopped bothering to look for ammo there. During last couple panic shortages they would get ammo in and never gouged on price. The whole problem was finding the one employee in the store with a key. Was never worth it to me. The corporate did not care since they made so little off the sales so it was no longer worth having staff there all the time. It did used to be funny decades back when they staffed the counter. I would buy a lot of .22 ammo there. Register would prompt the clerk a couple times saying "Is ammo for a hand gun?" "If yes is customer over 21?" Some of them would glance at me and just hit the button. Some would freeze up reading the screen. When they did I would say, yes its for a hand gun, yes as you can see I am over 21. That would make them smile and they would hit the button to finish the sale. :D
It was nice when they had 6.5c Winchester 125 gr for $19 a box that stuff is out of control now had to spend some time but acquired 600 round of it !

Walmart Inc. is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores in the United States, headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas.
I saw a list one time of the 10 richest people in America. Five were members of the Walton family.

They should not Sh*t where they eat.

Walmart is a business and whether they do or don't sell firearms and supplies is simply up to them, but I am in favor of consumers having as many options as possible.
It seems to me that many people who live near large cities are used to having an abundance of nearby stores to choose from regarding firearms, so whether Walmart does or doesn't is irrelevant.
It is a different point of view if you live in rural Eastern Oregon, Eastern Washington, Idaho, etc., you have far fewer options of where to buy even the most basic firearm supplies like shotgun shells for bird hunting, .22 for plinking, let alone actually handle a firearm you are interested in prior to making a purchase.

I don't go to Walmart often, but when I do it's the BG one.
I Dont Always Go To Walmart.jpg

Forest grove locks up just about everything now. Even there legos. God forbid I bring up the homeless problems plaguing Forest Grove.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top