JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If, by choosing to no longer do business with Palmetto, I am alienating myself from other 2A supporters, then so be it. I don't see how though. I'm not telling you not too support them, but I am saying I don't think you should based on their actions. If you or others choose to draw the hard line and alienate themselves from me because of my decision, well that is beyond my control.

I don't predicate my actions based on possible negative interpretations or reactions from others. My thoughts and actions are based on my personal values and morals, instilled in my by my parents and grandparents. I was raised to stand up for what I believe in and that is exactly what I am doing.

I don't expect everyone to agree. I can agree to disagree and be just fine with that.
Just out of curiosity, do you pay money to any companies that are vehemently anti-gun?

*Hint* I'll put a Benjamin down that you give money to at least one company that donates to anti-gun organizations.

I try not too.
Let me put it this way. By not supporting a gun company, and you doing your normal day to day shopping, you are supporting the gun grabbers.

If you shun every pro gun organization because they're following the law funded by anti-gun companies that you support on a day to day basis.

Amazon, Microsoft, Nike, Adidas, Costco, Fred Meyer, Walmart, just to name a few. Then when you take into consideration that most companies are owned by a conglomerate.

Nestle is one of the absolute worst companies in the world, they'll move into a third world country, divert all of the water for the factory, then tell the country that fresh water isn't a human right. They'll also go to the same third world country with the crappy baby formula and convince moms not to breastfeed in favor of their chemical food. They own,
  • Gerber
  • Perrier
  • Poland Spring
  • S. Pellegrino
  • Deer Park
  • Toll House
  • Coffee-Mate
  • Starbucks Coffee at Home
  • Carnation
  • Stouffer's
  • Hot Pockets
  • DiGiorno Pizza
  • Buitoni Pasta
  • Tombstone Pizza
  • Lean Cuisine
  • Sweet Earth
  • Libby's Pumpkin
  • Carnation
  • Häagen-Dazs
  • Purina
  • Alpo
  • Fancy Feast
  • Friskies
  • Tidy Cats

Let me put it this way. By not supporting a gun company, and you doing your normal day to day shopping, you are supporting the gun grabbers.

If you shun every pro gun organization because they're following the law funded by anti-gun companies that you support on a day to day basis.

Amazon, Microsoft, Nike, Adidas, Costco, Fred Meyer, Walmart, just to name a few. Then when you take into consideration that most companies are owned by a conglomerate.

Nestle is one of the absolute worst companies in the world, they'll move into a third world country, divert all of the water for the factory, then tell the country that fresh water isn't a human right. They'll also go to the same third world country with the crappy baby formula and convince moms not to breastfeed in favor of their chemical food. They own,
  • Gerber
  • Perrier
  • Poland Spring
  • S. Pellegrino
  • Deer Park
  • Toll House
  • Coffee-Mate
  • Starbucks Coffee at Home
  • Carnation
  • Stouffer's
  • Hot Pockets
  • DiGiorno Pizza
  • Buitoni Pasta
  • Tombstone Pizza
  • Lean Cuisine
  • Sweet Earth
  • Libby's Pumpkin
  • Carnation
  • Häagen-Dazs
  • Purina
  • Alpo
  • Fancy Feast
  • Friskies
  • Tidy Cats
And a partridge in a pear tree...

FIrst off, I am not shunning every pro-gun organization. I don't know where the heck you got that from.

I can honestly say that I don't buy a single one of those products on that list. I shop for my groceries at WinCo. I do my best to support companies that are pro 2A or at least not anti. Sometimes you can't get away from it though.

FIrst off, I am not shunning every pro-gun organization. I don't know where the heck you got that from.

I can honestly say that I don't buy a single one of those products on that list. I shop for my groceries at WinCo. I do my best to support companies that are pro 2A or at least not anti. Sometimes you can't get away from it though.
My point is that it's impossible not to support an anti-gun corporation. If you choose to not support the pro-gun company's because they do something to upset you, the only companies left standing are the ones that do not support your rights.

You shop at WinCo, but how many of the products that you purchase have the proceeds go directly to eroding your rights?

I'm not saying you have no reason for angry; you absolutely do. But if you choose to not support a company following laws funded by companies that do not wish for you to have gun rights, then your anger is misguided.

Again, it's impossible not to spend money with companies that do not like your guns.

My point is that it's impossible not to support an anti-gun corporation. If you choose to not support the pro-gun company's because they do something to upset you, the only companies left standing are the ones that do not support your rights.

You shop at WinCo, but how many of the products that you purchase have the proceeds go directly to eroding your rights?

I'm not saying you have no reason for angry; you absolutely do. But if you choose to not support a company following laws funded by companies that do not wish for you to have gun rights, then your anger is misguided.

Again, it's impossible not to spend money with companies that do not like your guns.
Yep! and that misguided anger is why we have jay in office to sign this law in. Last time jay ran the person running against him was not "good enough" for many gun owners. So they either refused to vote or threw their vote away and elected jay. While his opponent was not perfect I doubt he would have signed this law into effect. So I hope all those who would not vote for him are happy with what they asked for now.

I'll give you the nod that pretty much everyone uses a product or buys goods from a company that in some way supports the anti-2A movement. It is damn near impossible to completely avoid. I do try to minimize it to the best of my ability. I will definitely continue to support pro-2A companies and I'm surely not done buying 2A toys. I will just buy them from another retailer. I like to support local brick & mortar FFLs and I do when they have stuff in stock. I buy from lots of different online folks too.

I completely get where you are coming from, just seems crazy, the amount of frustration aimed at me over my personal decision to simply stop shopping with one vendor. You'd think some of these folks have stock in Palmetto, lol.

I completely get where you are coming from, just seems crazy, the amount of frustration aimed at me over my personal decision to simply stop shopping with one vendor. You'd think some of these folks have stock in Palmetto, lol.
I've played on this forum for a long time. You're definitely not the first person to come here and say that a gun company upset you and you won't spend money with them. PSA is likely making a decision based on their lawyer recommendations. While I do not currently own and PSA stuff, they do make a great affordable product and are a pretty upstanding company.

Yep! and that misguided anger is why we have jay in office to sign this law in. Last time jay ran the person running against him was not "good enough" for many gun owners. So they either refused to vote or threw their vote away and elected jay. While his opponent was not perfect I doubt he would have signed this law into effect. So I hope all those who would not vote for him are happy with what they asked for now.
I dunno bout that last election. Everyone I know voted for Culp... I don't think the issue with WA conservative voters is candidate quality. They are just too lazy to fill out a form and mail it in or drop it off. Either that or they just don't care or have simply lost hope?

I've played on this forum for a long time. You're definitely not the first person to come here and say that a gun company upset you and you won't spend money with them. PSA is likely making a decision based on their lawyer recommendations. While I do not currently own and PSA stuff, they do make a great affordable product and are a pretty upstanding company.
I agree that their products are typically great. I have bought LOTS of stuff from them over the years. I'm just disappointed with them.

I agree that their products are typically great. I have bought LOTS of stuff from them over the years. I'm just disappointed with them.
You're likely typing this on a Windows computer, apple product, or android. I'm not positive on Android, but Microsoft and apple spend money to erode your rights. Your anger is misguided.

Don't placate us like fools, you knew exactly what you were doing when you started this thread. If you simply wanted to boycott them, you would have done so quietly and gone about your business. Instead, you were hoping to bring a few people along with you, but it hasn't gone how you thought it would.

I've never bought anything from PSA, but they do seem to have a pretty rabid fanbase. You knew damn well this would get pushback.

You're correct. I'm on a windows laptop. The only option to possibly get away from them there is possibly Linux, but there isn't much support there...

I agree about the seeming inescapable part of supporting companies who hate us. Hell, even a lot of folks' jobs directly support the anti 2A movement. We have to simply do the best we can. We still have families to support, lives to live.

Don't placate us like fools, you knew exactly what you were doing when you started this thread. If you simply wanted to boycott them, you would have done so quietly and gone about your business. Instead, you were hoping to bring a few people along with you, but it hasn't gone how you thought it would.

I've never bought anything from PSA, but they do seem to have a pretty rabid fanbase. You knew damn well this would get pushback.
I'm not placating anyone, thank you. I don't care about pushback, lol. Some of it seemed a bit much, but whatever, I've got my big boy pants on and have thick skin.
Yes, I wanted folks to know about their premature decision. Yes, I'm pissed off about it. However, information is important and people should make informed decisions. Again: I'm not saying don't buy from them or that you can't. I'm saying you shouldn't. See the difference?

Last Edited:
PSA is likely just trying to avoid the whole "can we, can't we" roller coaster until the dust settles. From the OR side, when 114 passed, some retailers immediately ceased sales of firearms (since these would require licenses no one actually had) and magazines, others picked a cut-off date. Then the measure was put on a hold and suddenly everything was fair game and most returned to business as usual, but they face the prospect of cutting off OR again in just a few weeks or months, depending on how the legislative session and court cases go. Guess this time they figured it's probably just easier/safer to take the wait and see approach.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top