JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well the over under is this week, give or take a day.
Before the pen leaves Inslee's hand after his signature is complete there will be a filing for TRO in Grant County.

Depending on whether or not the TRO is granted, then appealed, then likely GVR'd we'll get some relief from a general embargo.

Nearly any plaintiff/brand new attorney could deconstruct this law on constitutional grounds before morning coffee. The merit of a TRO based on the likelihood of the plaintiff succeeding seems a slam dunk. So does the appeal to the TRO.
Is there any question this is unconstitutional?

Our usual suppliers, local and nation wide will have to decide if it's worth the bs to ship and attempt transfer.

Side bet

Roger T. Benitez, senior United States district judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California renders a long awaited opinion within the week.

Taking a quick look at their site it looks like for now they are just sitting out WA all together. I have to again "guess" the lawyers are waiting to see how this shakes out till they make up their mind how to handle it going forward. Going to build another AR pistol or two and was looking at lowers and "looks" like for now places here are still selling those. Hard to say what our illustrious AG will decide to do and I have to guess PSA is waiting to see too.
Yeah. That's the thing. WA's new laws are so ambiguous there's really no way to tell just exactly how far they plan to go with it. There could be some allowances or it could end up a complete shutout. The nusiance law as well could be a blank check for WA to go after whoever they choose, too. Until the ink dries and there is more direction given... I certainly wouldn't be playing "roll the dice" with my entire nationwide company at risk.

PSA is the epitome of middle america ideals, love your country, build up a self sufficient American company from nothing... and a staunch 2A supporter. Throwing them under the bus over a single states BS infringments with no apparent boundaries yet established is way out of line. Talk about "eating your own".... trashing them over something when they have absolutely no control over the asylum?? Dang straight you're gonna get kick back!

Man up! If you put off your purchases until the last hour... that was at YOUR own risk!

Again people are aiming their anger at the wrong place here. PSA did not sit out elections and vote in the people making this mess. Yes it sucks that they are taking the "safe approach" for now but, they are doing what the lawyers they pay say to do for now. If it makes people "feel better" to take out anger on them? Hey great. In the meantime they had nothing to do with any of this.
In the mean time those of us who live here have to make do best we can and hope more will wake the hell up.
Along this line, I almost hate to even ask this here but, do any of the WA FFL's know yet how they are going to handle things like stripped AR lowers here?
The law has already passed. The way companies respond to the law is at issue in this thread. I think most people have enough disappointment to spread around to all parties mentioned.

The law has already passed. The way companies respond to the law is at issue in this thread. I think most people have enough disappointment to spread around to all parties mentioned.
Good, take it out on the people who did this, not companies who had nothing to do with it. People want someone else to stick their neck out to our AG, while they sit safely at their computer with nothing to lose.

Most people have limited dollars to throw around on firearm related stuff. I would encourage buyers to spend more of those dollars with companies who will take greater risk to supply their customers.

Edit: WA residents should take advantage of NWFA classifieds too. There are tons of parts available on there right now.

Last Edited:
We've been promised this decision "to be imminent" for months and months.

What's the bubbleguming holdup?
There has been some scuttlebutt that St. Benitez has been watching and waiting on WA state for the "optics". IE., WA signs the bill into law with great fanfare and within the hour... St. Benitez P's on their parade during the same media cycle.

NO idea if there is any truth to that or just wishful thinking, but the theory of it seems valid and it would certainly knock some wind out of the Dem's propoganda machine.

We'll find out soon enough.

What's the bubbleguming holdup?
Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday

Last Edited:
Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps Benitez is waiting to see what the Washington bill actually has in it so he can tailor the wording of his decision to be used against WA when the time comes??

PSA was giving Washington residents priority until the law timeframe was too close to be realistically transferred to a buyer. Blame your state and representatives. That's what ruined all of this. Same goes for Oregon, we'll soon face the music too.

PSA worked with WA and OR and continues to when and where they can. They've had a warning on their site for a month about the cutoff time my friend. I check them daily.
I realize you are bummed, but they did their part and this is all liability/legal related.

As for non firearm items, I'm sure they are just sifting through the ever changing laws Washington is coming up with man.. you really think a business that tries to get as much product out as possible is going to make some big stand and lose money? No way. They have a legal team, they have to sift through this new ban legislation nonsense.. odds are in time the dust will settle and things can and will be shipped.. but again.. the people to blame are the ones tanking the state. PSA has been solid in my book. Not sure why so many are quick to throw them under the bus, I find that odd.
WELL SAID.

Meh. Law is pretty clear on stuff that is still legal, with regard to pistols. They chose not to bother. Just because they prioritized shipments to us before the "cutoff" doesn't excuse the decision to simply cut us off, out of fear. To each their own. I'm not telling you that you can't still buy from them. I feel as though our community shouldn't, but that isn't my decision. I sure as hell won't though and my conscience is clear.

Last Edited:
I'd expect they took a fairly painful decision (i.e., loss of income) in the short term so they could see how the laws will play out.

Meh. Law is pretty clear on stuff that is still legal, with regard to pistols. They chose not to bother. Just because they prioritized shipments to us before the "cutoff" doesn't excuse the decision to simply cut us off, out of fear. To each their own. I'm not telling you that you can't still buy from them. I feel as though our community shouldn't, but that isn't my decision. I sure as hell won't though and my conscience is clear.
I don't disagree that there are some clearly legal firearms, but I don't believe that is PSA's only concern... and probably very rightly so. The nusiance law basically gives the state a blank check to attack and shut down any FFL they deem to infringe on their definition of "public safety".

IE., PSA ships a firearm to a WA state resident... it's ultimately used in the commission of a crime... PSA could be sued.

Facing that type of potential liability... it's really no wonder that a savy companies legal team wouldn't recommend not diving into those shark infested waters until, at least, further information on how that law will be enacted/enforced becomes more clear.

It's clear that WA state is determined to not only infringe on citizens rights, but also providing themselves with the tools to shut the firearm industry down, full stop. The threat alone, as we see, is at the least going to prevent many national retailers from doing business within their state borders. Ultimately, the next step in the plan seems to be to shut down all LGS's within the state down too.

I still believe your stance toward PSA is unfounded, but as you said... to each their own to follow the dictates of their own conscience.

I don't disagree that there are some clearly legal firearms, but I don't believe that is PSA's only concern... and probably very rightly so. The nusiance law basically gives the state a blank check to attack and shut down any FFL they deem to infringe on their definition of "public safety".

IE., PSA ships a firearm to a WA state resident... it's ultimately used in the commission of a crime... PSA could be sued.

Facing that type of potential liability... it's really no wonder that a savy companies legal team wouldn't recommend not diving into those shark infested waters until, at least, further information on how that law will be enacted/enforced becomes more clear.

It's clear that WA state is determined to not only infringe on citizens rights, but also providing themselves with the tools to shut the firearm industry down, full stop. The threat alone, as we see, is at the least going to prevent many national retailers from doing business within their state borders. Ultimately, the next step in the plan seems to be to shut down all LGS's within the state down too.

I still believe your stance toward PSA is unfounded, but as you said... to each their own to follow the dictates of their own conscience.
Yup!

PSA has it broken down on their website what they are NOT shipping to Washington (a along with various other states & districts).

According to there interpretation, which most likely will change.

According to there site they don't ship ANYTHING to Mass nor DC, then 9ish States where they have various shipping restrictions. Tough to run a business that way, however it seems to me that they are doing the best they can WITHOUT risking the business.

Think ahead. When the going gets tougher in the future do you want more allies or less? If you alienate everyone that doesn't draw the line exactly where you do, you'll find yourself fighting alone.

If, by choosing to no longer do business with Palmetto, I am alienating myself from other 2A supporters, then so be it. I don't see how though. I'm not telling you not too support them, but I am saying I don't think you should based on their actions. If you or others choose to draw the hard line and alienate themselves from me because of my decision, well that is beyond my control.

I don't predicate my actions based on possible negative interpretations or reactions from others. My thoughts and actions are based on my personal values and morals, instilled in my by my parents and grandparents. I was raised to stand up for what I believe in and that is exactly what I am doing.

I don't expect everyone to agree. I can agree to disagree and be just fine with that.

Last Edited:
If, by choosing to no longer do business with Palmetto, I am alienating myself from other 2A supporters, then so be it. I don't see how though. I'm not telling you not too support them, but I am saying I don't think you should based on their actions. If you or others choose to draw the hard line and alienate themselves from me because of my decision, well that is beyond my control.
This is just terrible strategy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top