JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just Jim If you carry it in an IWB and can take it out and put in your pocket I'm sure someone would notice you waving that Johnson around:). When I saw the header for this thread I was reminded of the dyslexic man that walked into a bra. :)

He brandished a firearm.
If you unconceal your firearm you are no longer carrying concealed.
What if he dropped it while moving it and shot the op's wife?
What if he ended up robbing the place, what if he got drunk and into an argument with someone and shot them.
Alcohol and firearms don't mix besides the moving it part.
If he has to use that gun in self defense and has alcohol in his system then he would most likely be living his days out behind bars.

There is bad news written all over this.

=========================================

Uhmmm no and no.

I wouldn't have done anything. I guess he's lucky a cop didn't see him. Is it a misdemeanor to carry in a bar in WA?

I turn to see a guy IN THE BAR pulling a small handgun from an IWB holster and putting it in his front pocket.
Gotta say I would have thought the guy would have done that "outside the bar" considering it's illegal but to do it IN the bar??? :oops:...Wondering, what would you have done?

I would like to say I would have said something but I hate dealing with people.

That said guns and alcohol dont mix however like all things there is risk assessment, and the bar is a good place to find risk (that's why I dont do to the bar often), same with a bank. Carry where you feel you need but don't be a sillywilly.

What if he didn't want to leave it in his car to get stolen and used in the comission of a felony? We can play the "what if" game all night.....

Just Jim If you carry it in an IWB and can take it out and put in your pocket I'm sure someone would notice you waving that Johnson around:). When I saw the header for this thread I was reminded of the dyslexic man that walked into a bra. :)

Okay, that analogy works too. Guns or genitals, if I feel some pressing need to rearrange mine in a public place, there's no reason I can't make a 20-50' hike to the privacy of a bathroom so as not to alarm innocent onlookers.

I'm siting in a bar enjoying Happy Hour with my wife when she motions in back of me and says "Look!"
I turn to see a guy IN THE BAR pulling a small handgun from an IWB holster and putting it in his front pocket.
Gotta say I would have thought the guy would have done that "outside the bar" considering it's illegal but to do it IN the bar??? :oops:
When the guy put it in his pocket I told the wife "It's in his pocket so lets finish and leave". I thought about walking up to him and saying "If you get caught you'll lose the right to carry" but I figured it wasn't worth the possible confrontational blow-up so I paid the check and we left.
Wondering, what would you have done?
I carry where ever I am at. I don't care. I have dropped my little P3AT on a bathroom floor at the OUTBACK once. Oh well. It is stupid to think the founders did NOT put the amendments in the order they did for a reason. They did not write the BOR down on little pieces of paper and then draw the order from a hat. The 2nd trumps the 10th. Except for that whole ' A mans home is his castle' thing, other than that your place of business or any other place is fair game. And as far as stupid laws go, like you cant have a gun in the 21 and over only section of a bar, but sitting with your family in the dining section and ordering a beer or two from the bar is just fine...seems stupid. And for the peanut gallery who is about to type, "you cant drink with a gun on" STFU! yes you can, you just cant be intoxicated. I have worn a gun into the post office, hospital, library, out house and just about everywhere else. Its concealed for Christs sake. Like your Johnson, you don't take it out in public and play with it do you? Same for your pistola

I would have continued doing what I was doing. Is the guy doing ANYTHING threatening or concerning?

What if you had been in the "Applebee's Bar" and the gentleman was on the other side of the small half wall in the dining area and did the same thing? Would it have been as "concerning"?

What if he had walked into the restaurant open carrying? Would that have been ok?

Was it simply the fact he was in a bar that was concerning? Because that is not that concerning.......

If he did NOTHING other then this to indicate him being a problem then it is just as bad as the anti's that call the cops anytime they see someone with a gun...........

I've carried in bars/restaurant bars before. But i'm not a big drinker if I do drink it's one or two beers never enough to lose judgement, but just like driving with my child in the car one beer is too many.

I probably wouldn't call the cops, but I would let the manager know if nothing else so they can keep an eye on him. Make it his decision to call the cops and leave me out of the police report.
I would have gotten my wife and/or child out immediately once he ordered a beer.
You don't know whether that guy in just a regular cowboy, or he's gearing up to go home and kill his family.
Too many nut jobs out there. Everyday there's a murder/suicide it seems.
I knew a family that the dad came home and blew his brains out in front of his wife and kids. I felt so bad for those poor kids. Just 4 and 6.

Just never know.
Whoa, you're beginning to sound like a typical anti-gun person. I'm pretty sure you don't mean to. You've got no reason to believe that anything bad is about to happen just because someone orders a beer while CCing. Drinking beer in a bar while CCing is legal in Oregon. I imagine lots of people do so every day. Yet, I can't remember ever hearing about a shooting in a bar in Oregon unless it was being held up and the customers responded. Get a grip, Dude!

That is the kind of guy that makes all of us look bad. Is he drinking?
Is he robbing the place or is he just incredibly stupid?

It's a CONCEALED carry license!!
Showing it in public is breaking the law plain and simple.

If you need to move your firearm do it in the car or go to the bathroom. Or sit in a booth or in the back of a table where your back isn't visable, personally you shouldn't sit where your back is to the door or others.

If he was drinking I might have called the cops. For no other reason than he's an idiot and going to do something stupid to give the anti's more ammo.

I have a concealed license but as far as I know there are no printing laws and open carry is okay. I regularly carry (in a proper holster) openly in public. I go everywhere but outdoor concerts, federal buildings and bars like that. Went to the courthouse with it on my hip because I can. I didn't have to wait in the 30 people line either, they call a cop to come assist me and lock up my pistol and I go straight to the front.

I DO think it stupid to pull a weapon in public. That could be construed as brandishing. By the OP's comments, it seems he saw it as brandishing.

I think the reason he did something so stupid was because he was drunk. Or maybe just that stupid, but I'll give him benefit of the doubt. Maybe it got uncomfortable and in his drunken state he thought he could sneak it in the front pocket.

BTW, if you walk like you own it, nobody questions it. Even in certain so-called "gun-free establishments". Never been kicked out. I suspect they figure I'm some sort of cop or some crap. Don't know, don't care.

Finally, I couldn't have done what he did anyway as I have another pistol in that pocket already.

I gotta say that I regularly go to the movies and even though they have a huge "no guns" sign, I can easily conceal a full size 1911 and an extra mag. I refuse to go to the movies naked. I have also had a beer while carrying but only 1 and not in a bar because I would hate to lose my 2nd amendment rights because I was stupid:cool:

I gotta say that I regularly go to the movies and even though they have a huge "no guns" sign, I can easily conceal a full size 1911 and an extra mag. I refuse to go to the movies naked. I have also had a beer while carrying but only 1 and not in a bar because I would hate to lose my 2nd amendment rights because I was stupid:cool:

Yeah, I don't drink much anymore, just makes me sick. So if I DO have one, it's generally in a restaurant or at home. Provided the place sells food and has a kitchen and makes x revenue (how are you going to know that) in food vs. alcohol, it's okay. What a bunch of BS. Like I have time to go through their business records and tally up everything just to have a beer.

And the ONE occasion in Seattle where I may have needed my pistol? Yep, in a bar. I wasn't drunk, but the aggressor was very drunk. He came damn close to going to the hospital that night. Cops finally got him, but though they were called right away, they just couldn't get there in time if he'd truly snapped and laid hands or drawn a weapon.

Conversely, I was once in Vancouver CA on leave with a few buddies. We saved a woman from being killed one night, almost got the Soldier's Medal for it too. Anyway, I had no weapon but this woman was thrown through a large sheet of glass and he was pummeling her with broken glass laden hands. Blood everywhere, and she was on her way out. I ordered two guys to assist her, one to forcefully seize a cell phone from a Canadian citizen (there were several just watching, couldn't believe WE had to step in!) while I took on the aggressor. By sheer force of nature and volume alone, I was able to corner him at a bus stop and make him crouch until the cops got there. I was afraid to touch him, with the glass, blood and all. But he didn't know that.

Now had this happened in the states, I'd have drawn on him and had him subdued him the same way. Makes you wonder...

I'm ashamed of this but I'll admit it.

While waiting for our table to be cleared at the local bar my wife put her arm around me and whispered in my ear "is that your gun or are you just happy to see me?".

Holy crap!

Yep, I'm that guy.

I quietly excused myself to the parking lot and locked my .45 up in the safe under the drivers seat.
Took my belt and holster off too. Just amazed I didn't feel it. +1 for DeSantis SOB holster I guess!

I'm ashamed of this but I'll admit it.

While waiting for our table to be cleared at the local bar my wife put her arm around me and whispered in my ear "is that your gun or are you just happy to see me?".

Holy crap!

Yep, I'm that guy.

I quietly excused myself to the parking lot and locked my .45 up in the safe under the drivers seat.
Took my belt and holster off too. Just amazed I didn't feel it. +1 for DeSantis SOB holster I guess!

Definitely the smart thing to do.:s0101:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads