JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure some of you don't care to in people for stupid acts, or by doing something illegal, until you or yours are in harms way or victimized, then you'll cry why didn't anyone say something.

James Holmes
Phillip Chism
Elliot Rodger
Jared lautner
Adam Lanza
Aaron Ybarra

You could go on and on.

I carry often in what folks consider to be a bar. Things have changed in Washington state. Kids are allowed in sections (for food service) of a bar until a posted time. In the sections and within the time where kids are allowed, so are firearms. When the kids must leave so should the firearms. Now if this person was in the area clearly marked 21 and over only, there is an issue.

There is a big difference between overlooking something that is obviously not a problem and failing to report something that obviously is

I steer clear of law enforcement if at all possible, but I still call and rexport a driver who can't stay on the road or someone bashing in a window.

I've carried in bars/restaurant bars before. But i'm not a big drinker if I do drink it's one or two beers never enough to lose judgement, but just like driving with my child in the car one beer is too many.

I probably wouldn't call the cops, but I would let the manager know if nothing else so they can keep an eye on him. Make it his decision to call the cops and leave me out of the police report.
I would have gotten my wife and/or child out immediately once he ordered a beer.
You don't know whether that guy in just a regular cowboy, or he's gearing up to go home and kill his family.
Too many nut jobs out there. Everyday there's a murder/suicide it seems.
I knew a family that the dad came home and blew his brains out in front of his wife and kids. I felt so bad for those poor kids. Just 4 and 6.

Just never know.

I only ment that if someone's not hurting anyone or looks to be about to do nothing then what business is it of mine to tell them off or report them.

If I see someone doing something dangerous or escalating to that then hell yea I'll call the popo and let them deal with the mess.

If you thought the guy might be trouble, I'd have wat he's him for awhile and then decided on a course of action.

If we all reported everyone speeding, failing to yield, speeding, erratic driveing... We would all be in trouble all the time - no ones perfect.

I can agree with that and I may have jumped the gun or sounded to excited about calling it in, in real time if I was alone I probably would have sat back and watched the guy for a minute and see what his demeanor or body language said.

If I was with my family is would be out the door and telling the manager to watch him. Seeing how the guy ordered a beer probably would have called the cops, but who knows maybe he was a regular.

I know a guy that used to drink a bottle of whiskey and go ride his Harley.
But looking back on it he knows what a damn fool he was.

You should get a job in the media, as you are pretty proficient with the over-exaggerated sensationalism with everything you say in your Post .
Also With the use of ..." What If 's". . that is pretty weak .
-
Brandish

verb:
wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.
He brandished a firearm.
If you unconceal your firearm you are no longer carrying concealed.
What if he dropped it while moving it and shot the op's wife?
What if he ended up robbing the place, what if he got drunk and into an argument with someone and shot them.
Alcohol and firearms don't mix besides the moving it part.
If he has to use that gun in self defense and has alcohol in his system then he would most likely be living his days out behind bars.

There is bad news written all over this.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about the gun guy. I want my ''Guy walks into a bar''....... Joke!

Oh to heck with it!

A guy walks into a bar and sits down between a needle and a mushroom..
So, I asked the guy what's up with the needle and the mushroom?

He proceeds to tell me. ''The needle is kind of a prick! But the mushroom is a fungi to be with''. :s0030:

Lighten up!

Last Edited:
Whoa there,big fella!
It is NOT illegal to unholster a gun in public.Or please link the rcw
But call the cops? Wow!
So the guy forgot to leave the piece in the car. He then had an empty holster so if he moved wrong no one would be the wiser he for got to leave it in the truck
If I frequenter the place I probably would have said how slick the move was. If I didn't I would have just walked like OP did

Sounds like the most reasonable explanation so far.

Look how one guy's momentary action stirred up so many widely divergent opinions in what is presumably a pro-2A forum. And think about all the random people in public places just looking for something to wig out and make a big stink about.

Look how one guy's momentary action stirred up so many widely divergent opinions in what is presumably a pro-2A forum. And think about all the random people in public places just looking for something to wig out and make a big stink about.

Which is why I didn't. He was in an area of the Restaurant clearly marked "21 and over".
What the guy did was wrong and yes if the wrong person noticed it there would have been a Feces storm that I wouldn't have wanted to be part of. I have taught my wife to be aware of her surroundings and she knocked my socks off again last night.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

That is the kind of guy that makes all of us look bad. Is he drinking?
Is he robbing the place or is he just incredibly stupid?

It's a CONCEALED carry license!!
Showing it in public is breaking the law plain and simple.

If you need to move your firearm do it in the car or go to the bathroom. Or sit in a booth or in the back of a table where your back isn't visable, personally you shouldn't sit where your back is to the door or others.

If he was drinking I might have called the cops. For no other reason than he's an idiot and going to do something stupid to give the anti's more ammo.

Unfortunately in WA it's ILLEGAL to have a gun in a bar, even if you have a CPL and are not drinking.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

http://www.opb.org/news/article/vancouver-man-takes-plea-agreement-open-carry-case/

People overeact to everything.
The guys was wrong and doing someyhing illegal. Maybe brandishing isn't the perfect legal term or definition, but what he did was not legal to pull a firearm and move it. Do that in front of a cop and see how ot goes for you.

You can argue the BS details all you want, i don't know the guy or his intention or background, but he was being stupid and illegally carrying a firearm while drinking in a place he shouldn't be carrying.

No different than drinking and driving, well it's legal to drink, but not behide the wheel.
It may have been legal for him to carry a firearm, but not while drinking and not in the place he was. Moving the firearm in a public open view was just stupid and further makes up my mind this guy was an irresponsible gun owner.

I really don't see you arguing that.

So....... There is a lesson in all this.

Don't let your gun show! Or you will be at the mercy of those that may not share your opinion on guns!

Heck. Were all pro gun and cant decide to send this guy to jail. Or give him a prize.

Maybe brandishing isn't the perfect legal term or definition, but what he did was not legal to pull a firearm and move it.
Moving the firearm in a public open view was just stupid and further makes up my mind this guy was an irresponsible gun owner.

I really don't see you arguing that.
What are you talking about?
What he did before the firearm was seen is the only illegal thing he did, which is to carry into a Washington bar. If he was in Oregon it's not illegal to have a gun in a place that serves liquor.
Now, it was not the best judgment to swap gun position in view of others, but that in itself is not illegal.

To NoFlinch, I like to wear sleeveless shirts in the summer. Is this illegal now? :D

It's wasn't illegal for Mr. Kirby to open carry a firearm either, but he still had to take a plea deal.

It's all about perception and it this bleeding heart liberal world especially in these two states they could have charged him if someone's feelings were hurt is my point.

Either way someone could have called the cops and this guy would have been arrested for the other offenses, probably losing his gun rights for good in the process.
Maybe he's a good guy and just wanted a beer.

My biggest problem with this is we have enough against us as gun owners and 2A lovers, why give them more ammo and more people to prove their point.

I believe we should have a higher standard for ourselves and hold accountability to ourselves and a responsibility to put the safety of others over our own.
Maybe that's a lost concept to those who wish to just say F the anti's and forget about the law we just want to protect our own.

Well I'll proudly and loudly say I don't support those who make gun owners look bad and those who don't follow the law. Or those who put innocent lives at risk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top