JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He brandished a firearm.
If you unconceal your firearm you are no longer carrying concealed.
Remember........Washington is an open carry state.Pulling a firearm from the holster to put it in a pocket does not make 'brandishing'.Now had he waved it around.
I am sure you are proud of your family's LEOs,just stop asking them legal questions

Hahahaha HOLY BAT DOO,where did you come up with all this?
You are scaring me.
I've carried in bars/restaurant bars before. But i'm not a big drinker if I do drink it's one or two beers never enough to lose judgement, but just like driving with my child in the car one beer is too many.

I probably wouldn't call the cops, but I would let the manager know if nothing else so they can keep an eye on him. Make it his decision to call the cops and leave me out of the police report.
I would have gotten my wife and/or child out immediately once he ordered a beer.
You don't know whether that guy in just a regular cowboy, or he's gearing up to go home and kill his family.
Too many nut jobs out there. Everyday there's a murder/suicide it seems.
I knew a family that the dad came home and blew his brains out in front of his wife and kids. I felt so bad for those poor kids. Just 4 and 6.

Just never know.

This could be true with ANYONE we see..... in public.We just don't see their guns.
Now telling the manager may have got you informed he was a cop,who knows?. As nonchalant as he was,wouldn't surprise me.
It's sounding more and more like you need out a da house more brah

It's wasn't illegal for Mr. Kirby to open carry a firearm either, but he still had to take a plea deal.

It's all about perception and it this bleeding heart liberal world especially in these two states they could have charged him if someone's feelings were hurt is my point.

Either way someone could have called the cops and this guy would have been arrested for the other offenses, probably losing his gun rights for good in the process.
Maybe he's a good guy and just wanted a beer.

My biggest problem with this is we have enough against us as gun owners and 2A lovers, why give them more ammo and more people to prove their point.

I believe we should have a higher standard for ourselves and hold accountability to ourselves and a responsibility to put the safety of others over our own.
Maybe that's a lost concept to those who wish to just say F the anti's and forget about the law we just want to protect our own.

Well I'll proudly and loudly say I don't support those who make gun owners look bad and those who don't follow the law. Or those who put innocent lives at risk.
clearconscience, you mentioned bleeding heart liberal, someones feelings getting hurt. Yet, you mention that you might have turned him in. Hmmmmm. Then you mention that we should have a higher standard. HMMMMMM. Then you say that you will not support those that do not follow the law. I dare to ask the question of you.....What if it is an unjust law? Do you follow it because that's what THEY tell you to do. I did not see any news outlet that reported anyone in a bar that was going around shooting the patrons, or raping and pillaging the state of Washington. Clearconscience I am sure that you are a swell guy, however I am glad you live in Washington, and NOT Central Oregon. Because sometimes I have a brewski, and go coyote hunting. By myself of course, I would not want to endanger anyone by having a brewski.

Even if he was a cop, how many times have we seen cops get drunk and beat someone to death or near death, or shoot someone.

If your logic was correct Mr. kirby would not have been charged and would not have had to except a plea.

The fact that you call it a brewski is mildly disturbing in itself.
And yes it would bother me you going hunting after drinking.

And what happens when you shoot someone else while hunting?
Happens all the time. Because people are stupid.

The fact is the guy who was arrested in vancouver for open carry was arrested because old hag thought he was being threatening, ie. feelings hurt by libtard.
My feelings wouldn't be hurt by him being stupid but the safety of myself, my family, and any innocent people who might get hurt because of an idiots actions are reason enough to turn him in.

A while ago in bend there was a group of teens arrested for playing "tag" with .22 rifles.
I assume this may have been your bloodline?

The fact that you call it a brewski is mildly disturbing in itself.
And yes it would bother me you going hunting after drinking.

And what happens when you shoot someone else while hunting?
Happens all the time. Because people are stupid.

The fact is the guy who was arrested in vancouver for open carry was arrested because old hag thought he was being threatening, ie. feelings hurt by libtard.
My feelings wouldn't be hurt by him being stupid but the safety of myself, my family, and any innocent people who might get hurt because of an idiots actions are reason enough to turn him in.

A while ago in bend there was a group of teens arrested for playing "tag" with .22 rifles.
I assume this may have been your bloodline?
Well good thing pot is legal now,maybe hide your gun and have a couple hits?

There will be an idiot who stays he shoots better on weed.

I actually spend a fair amount of time in bend. Most of my family lives there. Damn shame what is has turned into. Basically a poor mans shasta now. All the commifornians moving in.

I liked it better in the 90s.

clearconscience, When I am going out coyote hunting, yes, I am going out coyote hunting, NOT PEOPLE HUNTING. You may be a NON hunter, so you may not understand the difference between the two. However I do. I suppose one beer would put YOU over the limit, so therefore YOU should not have "A" brewski, in Washington, or Oregon. Which for YOU, I would probably agree. Now that is more than Mildly disturbing. "A" brewski, does not make one a danger to society. Intoxication... I totally agree. Not sure if your a concealed carry holder, have you ever been on medication, and carried. HMMMMM. Well have you? Here's my point, a BEER, a PAIN PILL, and, in the rare occasion of.....let's say blue ball. Does this make you a threat to other peoples safety? For you maybe! others.....maybe not!! My biggest concern is that you are willing to sell someone down the river, for being in a bar with a handgun, that is illegal in the state of Washington of course. I'm not sure if you are LEO, or you have a fascination with G~Men in general. Or... is this just YOUR bloodline!!!! So, by all means continue to turn in all those that you deem unworthy.

Not a LEO not even close.
Yes I hunt. Yes I've had a CHL for about 12 years. No I've never had a beer or pills or anything else that could be used against me in court.

And hunters go game hunting every year and almost every year some genius shoots SOMEONE not an animal. Mostly because they are stupid.
My reasoning genius is if you have an accident, if you shoots someone, or even if you have to defend yourself that one or two beers probably won't impair your judgement, but may have you living in a concrete box for a great deal of time.
I refuse to give anyone a reason to take me away from my family, put me in jail, or take away my guns rights for a brewski.

People take the chance all the time. Some don't get so lucky.

Not a LEO not even close.
Yes I hunt. Yes I've had a CHL for about 12 years. No I've never had a beer or pills or anything else that could be used against me in court.

And hunters go game hunting every year and almost every year some genius shoots SOMEONE not an animal. Mostly because they are stupid.
My reasoning genius is if you have an accident, if you shoots someone, or even if you have to defend yourself that one or two beers probably won't impair your judgement, but may have you living in a concrete box for a great deal of time.
I refuse to give anyone a reason to take me away from my family, put me in jail, or take away my guns rights for a brewski.

People take the chance all the time. Some don't get so lucky.
Fair enough. But, your pushing it on the genius.

Flopsweat don't leave!
Were just now getting along!

Bend was the first place I lived when my family move to oregon in the late 80s I spent a lot of my childhood hiking all over the crooked river ranch, floating in the river, catching snakes and lizards.
Best time of my life. My wife and I spent all xmas week there and couldn't believe the amount of houses that were built just west of downtown. I'm afraid that the high desert country living it was will be california'd up in a matter of years.
I would still move there in a heart beat If given the opportunity.

I might be a little older than some here so I've seen the views change over a longer period of time.

I don't think many here realize how judgmental we have become. We've become just as afraid as the libtards. If the guy had been on the other side of the "line" in the restaurant, he would have been legal. Big deal. Maybe he forgot, or didn't know, or made his own assessment of the risks.

Like no one has exceeded the speed limit in their two ton weapon, or failed to make a "stop" before turning right. Maybe talked on a cellphone in your hand while driving. All unsafe and illegal. Who is more moral? I'm certainly in no position to opine.

For all of you who were "watching him", did you also check out everyone else? Take away any keys?

People make personal decisions and have to live with the consequences. If our laws were absolute we would have to prosecute every infraction. (Singapore?) Our liberties do not come with a guarantee of safety.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top