JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm siting in a bar enjoying Happy Hour with my wife when she motions in back of me and says "Look!"
I turn to see a guy IN THE BAR pulling a small handgun from an IWB holster and putting it in his front pocket.
Gotta say I would have thought the guy would have done that "outside the bar" considering it's illegal but to do it IN the bar??? :oops:
When the guy put it in his pocket I told the wife "It's in his pocket so lets finish and leave". I thought about walking up to him and saying "If you get caught you'll lose the right to carry" but I figured it wasn't worth the possible confrontational blow-up so I paid the check and we left.
Wondering, what would you have done?

I carry IWB and am always conscious about my shirt lifting above the belt line when seated at a restaurant, so I can understand the guy moving it from the back to the front if that was what he did.

That is the kind of guy that makes all of us look bad. Is he drinking?
Is he robbing the place or is he just incredibly stupid?

It's a CONCEALED carry license!!
Showing it in public is breaking the law plain and simple.

If you need to move your firearm do it in the car or go to the bathroom. Or sit in a booth or in the back of a table where your back isn't visable, personally you shouldn't sit where your back is to the door or others.

If he was drinking I might have called the cops. For no other reason than he's an idiot and going to do something stupid to give the anti's more ammo.

If he was drinking I might have called the cops. For no other reason than he's an idiot and going to do something stupid to give the anti's more ammo.
No disrespect intended as a disclaimer here,....:D
But, (1) I personally do not give a ratz behind what the antis think anymore, and (2) It matters not if we supposedly give them ammo because they will continue to press on and on and on even if everyone who owned a gun was a perfect angel. Screw them.

First off, I most likely would not have been in the bar. I have been to the bar maybe 10 times in the last 15 years and all where more or less against my will (rather not go, but try to be a good sport) But what ever. It all comes down personally to if the guy looked solid or if he was a clown. If he looked in control of himself (not obviously drunk, not likely to pick a fight) I would just let him be and go on about my business. The gun is not scary, its people that are scary. So if he is good, I'm good. Now if he was potentially a problem child but looked like he was not out to harm someone I would most likely just finish up and head out. I dont want to be in the bar anyway, it would be a good excuse to get whoever drug me there out the door. Whether or not its legal is not my concern. I am not captain Sav-a-hoe nor do I feel the need to be boss of a public space.

Uh, actually, you are incorrect. Washington is an open carry state---every law abiding citizen has the right to open carry. The CPL (concealed pistol license) is a "shall issue" document, which the local police authority must issue upon request, within 30 days, unless a reason can be given for denial. Therefore, showing in public is not an infraction of the law.

HOWEVER, not to get into a wissing match with you, there are certain places in WA where any possession of firearms is prohibited--whether you have a CPL or not. Bars are one of those places. Thus, "possession" is the crime, not open carry.

Washington is not Texas: We welcome the open carry of firearms by responsible citizens. Just, please, do not wear out that welcome.

I will bet you $1 that the customer at the bar had a momentary slip of the mind, forgot his good sense, and re-adjusted his wardrobe. Foolish. Stupid. Condemnable. Don't bring your guns to a bar folks.

Uh, actually, you are incorrect. Washington is an open carry state---every law abiding citizen has the right to open carry. The CPL (concealed pistol license) is a "shall issue" document, which the local police authority must issue upon request, within 30 days, unless a reason can be given for denial. Therefore, showing in public is not an infraction of the law.

HOWEVER, not to get into a wissing match with you, there are certain places in WA where any possession of firearms is prohibited--whether you have a CPL or not. Bars are one of those places. Thus, "possession" is the crime, not open carry.

Washington is not Texas: We welcome the open carry of firearms by responsible citizens. Just, please, do not wear out that welcome.

I will bet you $1 that the customer at the bar had a momentary slip of the mind, forgot his good sense, and re-adjusted his wardrobe. Foolish. Stupid. Condemnable. Don't bring your guns to a bar folks.

I actually leave mine in the safe at home when I know I am going into a bar... This particulat restaurant has a great happy hour but ONLY in the bar... The best Ahi I have has in the states (perfectly prepared) for $6.50 during happy hour!!!

I carry IWB and am always conscious about my shirt lifting above the belt line when seated at a restaurant, so I can understand the guy moving it from the back to the front if that was what he did.
This is exactly what he did because he was printing - heck even my wife caught it (she make me proud:D)
Yes, I saw him order a beer but only one before I left. Personally I wont risk giving losing my gun rights over a beer.
Know your local laws folks

The first time that I made Ahi for my wife, she states, "it's still raw in the middle." I said "yes, yes it is is, if you want cooked, there's a can of tuna in the cupboard."

Is he robbing the place or is he just incredibly stupid?

If you need to move your firearm do it in the car or go to the bathroom. Or sit in a booth or in the back of a table where your back isn't visable, personally you shouldn't sit where your back is to the door or others.

Whoa there,big fella!
It is NOT illegal to unholster a gun in public.Or please link the rcw
But call the cops? Wow!
So the guy forgot to leave the piece in the car. He then had an empty holster so if he moved wrong no one would be the wiser he for got to leave it in the truck
If I frequenter the place I probably would have said how slick the move was. If I didn't I would have just walked like OP did

He brandished a firearm.
If you unconceal your firearm you are no longer carrying concealed.
What if he dropped it while moving it and shot the op's wife?
What if he ended up robbing the place, what if he got drunk and into an argument with someone and shot them.
Alcohol and firearms don't mix besides the moving it part.
If he has to use that gun in self defense and has alcohol in his system then he would most likely be living his days out behind bars.

There is bad news written all over this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top