JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

We need 30 people for this event. Will you be there?

• Total voters
It's already posted to FB in two places. Let me dig up the event links.

Here is the event Bill posted: https://www.facebook.com/events/179310455759430/

And then I posted it to Vancouver Open Carry group here: https://www.facebook.com/events/206030433082248/

That should add a few more in addition to what is here.

To add to what Bill said above, this is an excellent opportunity for all of us to get out and show the community something positive. There is no question that we are fighting regular attacks on our right to keep and bear arms. The greatest tool we have to fight back and that all of us can use is education. These events give us the chance to reach into the community to educate them.

Last Edited:
Is there any way to make this an event on FaceBook?
I did. The way I see it, it helps non members to know more about NWFA and may even bring in new members. It's a way to spread the word about responsible gun owners doing the right thing.

It's on my other fb page, Trash No Land. (An education and awareness page about trash on public land and seeks solutions to the problem).

Last Edited:
I had planned on being there, and then I realized my wife's birthday also falls on February 27th. I will definitely be attending the one after this one. As a new member, I want to meet as many of you as I can, especially when supporting cleanup efforts.

Bring her out , say you want to take her to an amazing spot for a romantic picnic . When you turn the corner to the shooting spot say " hey is that Bill from NWFA group, you know honey that forum I'm on all the time. Let's stop and say hi."

Done deal , best birthday ever :rolleyes::D

I had planned on being there, and then I realized my wife's birthday also falls on February 27th. I will definitely be attending the one after this one. As a new member, I want to meet as many of you as I can, especially when supporting cleanup efforts.

Bring her out , say you want to take her to an amazing spot for a romantic picnic . When you turn the corner to the shooting spot say " hey is that Bill from NWFA group, you know honey that forum I'm on all the time. Let's stop and say hi."

I've been married 20 years - my wife would not think that was funny lol and I would pay for it lol. Maybe some ladies would enjoy thier birthday at the pit though:rolleyes:

Great suggestion though to keep people coming ;)

Lol, I wouldn't say the pit is where I want to take you on a picnic. Just some random driving out in the sticks for a adventure of a nice place to stop.. And then all of a sudden......hey what's going on over there. Lol...;)

I've been married 20 years - my wife would not think that was funny lol and I would pay for it lol. Maybe some ladies would enjoy thier birthday at the pit though:rolleyes:

Great suggestion though to keep people coming ;)

Well, actually I did invite her to come with me, but that did not go over too well. So, I will stop by and say more than just hi at the April 23rd Mt Hood cleanup, or maybe even earlier at the Mar 26th Tillamook one. In my wife's defense, our 10 year-old black and tan coonhound is ailing and she needs to be by his side.

Recap.... What we have and what we need....

We have;
  • Dining canopies (Sign-in & cooking) (GunRightsCoalition & Cogs).
  • Tables (for sign-in and serving) (GunRightsCoalition & Cogs).
  • A couple of Propane cook stoves (for coffee and tea water) (Cogs & Caveman Jim).
  • Propane coffee pot (Cogs... small and slow).
  • 2 doz donuts (KeepnitrReel).
  • Burgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, & potato (or Mac) salad (Safeway Washougal).
  • Early set up crew (set up canopies, tables, start the coffee!) (GunRightsCoalition, Caveman Jim, Cogs and Ian).
  • Cooks assistants (GunRightsCoalition & Caveman Jim).
  • Prizes! Butcher Boys Meats and Targets from Sportsman's Warehouse. May have more!
  • Secret Surprise (Caveman Jim) hmmm???
We NEED;
  • Coffee! Preground coffee!
  • Another Propane Coffee pot.
  • Coffee creamer.
  • Paper plates, Napkins and Coffee cups (about 30 of each).
  • Donuts and cookies (need at least 2 doz more).
  • A Propane Barbecue unit.
  • Snack bars.
  • Water bottles.
  • Head Camp Cook (Someone to make those burgers & dogs taste real good!).
  • Sign-in attendant (help people sign in to DNR & NWFA sheets, hand out raffle tickets).
  • Parking assistant (direct traffic to available spaces).
  • Ear plugs (for those who forgot)
If you would help with the We NEED section, please post here.

Fingers crossed for good weather!!!

Thank you all!

Bill

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top