JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
@Hostility051 Thank you for setting this up, with people like you it helps the shooting community look better to the public and it gives us the feeling of accomplishment that we have done the right thing. Now if we could get people to stop taking appliances out to shoot haha!

@Hostility051 Great job, biting the bullet, so to speak, and pushing for an "unofficial" organized clean up.

It's always a good time, social distancing in the public lands doing a clean up.

Hopefully soon, we'll be able to fully enjoy the forest. I didn't feel like parking at the gate and hiking back up to the area to shoot.

One good thing about the drive back to the Westside, i stopped by Bimart in Sandy and they had 9mm and 40 S&W on the shelf.

@Hostility051 Great job, biting the bullet, so to speak, and pushing for an "unofficial" organized clean up.

It's always a good time, social distancing in the public lands doing a clean up.

Hopefully soon, we'll be able to fully enjoy the forest. I didn't feel like parking at the gate and hiking back up to the area to shoot.

One good thing about the drive back to the Westside, i stopped by Bimart in Sandy and they had 9mm and 40 S&W on the shelf.
I picked up my two boxes of 9mm at the Sandy Bi-Mart on my way out too :)

I believe we had 11 volunteers and 1 Dump Stomper dude (Charlie). Not freakin bad for a rained out Saturday in October!

Really glad you all came out! Thanks a bunch everyone! Good form, @Hostility051 ! Good form!

Dump Stoppers may not have a weight total until Monday, but to let you know, we loaded that truck real well! I'll work on a story about our lovely day and write it up on the TNL Blog and post it here.

thank you hostility, cogs, and charlie, and all the NWFers that showed up. this kind of thing is critical for us in the long haul.
Two years ago the BLM was planning to close this location down from all shooting due to all the complaints of noise and trash from nearby neighbors and recreation users. So we banned together to do a clean up there in 2018. Today it is still open and the talk is, (before we did this years cleanup), they are leaving it open. This same result has happened a few shooting places around Oregon and Washington. It's because we are getting involved.

So yes, "this kind of thing is critical for us in the long haul".

You're welcome, @homeuser6 . Thanks for the good words.

Bill

Last Edited:
Here's a list of NWFA members who attended the Miller's Quarry cleanup... @Joe Link , could you award 2020 volunteer badges?

@Hostility051
@Delasangre4231
@homeuser6
@Old Noob
@v1pe
@Superglide
@gryghin
@Cosimel
@Cogs

and 2 others who signed in for the NWFA members but I can't find them here. Perhaps they were from a different forum and used those names...
BO and Devil 13.

Plus I'm sure there was 1 other who didn't sign in.

Makes 12 volunteers plus 1 Dump Stoppers (Charlie).

Did I miss anyone?

Bo is my neighbor and not a member, don't worry about him :)

My thanks to all for organizing and participating. Yesterday was my first time at the quarry. That is a nice area that deserved picking up.

Bad news- I missed out on the 2 boxes of 9mm in Sandy. :(
Good news- my boots have almost dried :D

My thanks to all for organizing and participating. Yesterday was my first time at the quarry. That is a nice area that deserved picking up.

Bad news- I missed out on the 2 boxes of 9mm in Sandy. :(
Good news- my boots have almost dried :D
I added your name to the list of attendees above. Thanks for the help!

Soggy Bottom Boys Perform At A Rained-Out Quarry

"Neither rain nor mud nor gloom of cloudy skies stays these volunteers from the swift completion of their dedication to stewardship"!

Full story with pics: Soggy Bottom Boys Perform At A Rained-Out Quarry
I shared that link to the Trash No Land Facebook page, in emails to BLM Salem and Wildwood offices, and to Clackamas County Dump Stoppers. Since the news media does not report on the good things that gun owners do, I want to get the story out as much as possible so people see what we are really about. Also, communicating with our forest officials is key to keeping our good shooting places open. It may get shared a few times from there and I hope it does. The more the merrier! I hope it also benefits in the recognition of NWFA.

I'm not an accomplished or professional writer so I hope the title and content is okay with all involved. I woke up this morning with the thought of having a soggy bottom yesterday and the tile & story came to mind. Perhaps I should have slept on it another night and rethink it the next day, but, it seemed okay so I let it fly. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Bill

Here's a list of NWFA members who attended the Miller's Quarry cleanup... @Joe Link , could you award 2020 volunteer badges?

@Hostility051
@Delasangre4231
@homeuser6
@Old Noob
@v1pe
@Superglide
@gryghin
@Cosimel
@Cogs

and 2 others who signed in for the NWFA members but I can't find them here. Perhaps they were from a different forum and used those names...
BO and Devil 13.

Plus I'm sure there was 1 other who didn't sign in.

Makes 12 volunteers plus 1 Dump Stoppers (Charlie).

Did I miss anyone?
I was there, just signed up, good project with good people, nice meeting you all!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top