JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

We need 30 people for this event. Will you be there?

• Total voters
Recap.... What we have and what we need....

We have;
  • Dining canopies (Sign-in & cooking) (GunRightsCoalition & Cogs).
  • Tables (for sign-in and serving) (GunRightsCoalition & Cogs).
  • A couple of Propane cook stoves (for coffee and tea water) (Cogs & Caveman Jim).
  • Propane coffee pot (Cogs... small and slow).
  • 2 doz donuts (KeepnitrReel).
  • Burgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, & potato (or Mac) salad (Safeway Washougal).
  • Early set up crew (set up canopies, tables, start the coffee!) (GunRightsCoalition, Caveman Jim, Cogs and Ian).
  • Cooks assistants (GunRightsCoalition & Caveman Jim).
  • Prizes! Butcher Boys Meats and Targets from Sportsman's Warehouse. May have more!
  • Secret Surprise (Caveman Jim) hmmm???
We NEED;
  • Coffee! Preground coffee!
  • Another Propane Coffee pot.
  • Coffee creamer.
  • Paper plates, Napkins and Coffee cups (about 30 of each).
  • Donuts and cookies (need at least 2 doz more).
  • A Propane Barbecue unit.
  • Snack bars.
  • Water bottles.
  • Head Camp Cook (Someone to make those burgers & dogs taste real good!).
  • Sign-in attendant (help people sign in to DNR & NWFA sheets, hand out raffle tickets).
  • Parking assistant (direct traffic to available spaces).
  • Ear plugs (for those who forgot)
If you would help with the We NEED section, please post here.

Fingers crossed for good weather!!!

Thank you all!

Bill
Added it. Now that they'll see it, everyone will bring some! Ha!

Watch for the direction signs starting at the intersection of NE Rawson Rd, the L1000 and L1500. They'll point you in the right direction. (I don't know. I might get silly and point them all to the Corrections Facility... Just for the fun of it.)
Clean Up Signs1 2-21-16.jpg

Interesting note... When shooting at Arrow Head Pit, if someone places a target on top of the berm, (which they do), the bullet could reach the Corrections Facility. It's just under 3000 yards to the Facility. I've heard they have had bullets hit there before.
So keep your targets low!
2500 Yards Arrow Head Pit to Larch Corrections.jpg

Well I now live in Vancouver but I will be the 6'2 redhead and a 5'2 woman at my side :) hard to miss
I'm sure you know the song about the 5'2 woman... "She's 5 foot 2. Her eyes are blue. Ain't nothin that them eyes can't do! Has any body seen my Gal?"

Will be good to meet you!

I could get more gun people involved if there were a FB event to point people towards. or even on my survival page (newer) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1553866641594103/
FB events... Page 4, post #64... Here is the event Bill posted on Trash No Land: https://www.facebook.com/events/179310455759430/

And then I, (GunRightsCoalition), posted it to Vancouver Open Carry group here:https://www.facebook.com/events/206030433082248/

You are welcome to share the event from either of these FB pages.

Cogs

Interesting note... When shooting at Arrow Head Pit, if someone places a target on top of the berm, (which they do), the bullet could reach the Corrections Facility. It's just under 3000 yards to the Facility. I've heard they have had bullets hit there before.
So keep your targets low!
View attachment 279382

I think we kept everyone's targets in suitible locations that were safe.

The two incidents I recall were both from that dude and his kid that were roaming around looking for a place to shoot and got invited to join us...

Kid set up clays on rocks on the top of the hill and along the rocky ground close up - which I know I said something and his dad had him change them a bit.

Then the dad brought out a bunch of cinder blocks and processed to pulverize them with his fancy AR that I'm not sure he 100% knew how to use. (I'm pretty sure he had the back of his truck filled with plastic kids toys he was planning to shoot up but someone caught that before he started to unload - I think)

I left shortly after they got there.

Now that it's been brought up...

I am all for enteracting with the community and building good relationships with non forum people, but not at the expense of safety.

Not sure how to make that better if it happens again other then maybe assign someone who is willing to be a makeshift RSO just to keep an eye on those people.

That's in addition to a couple RSO's not shooting, even if we have to rotate in shifts.

There are 2 different backstops on opposite ends of the pit so I would say we need one at each shooting line.

Everyone stepped up and helped people who may have been iffy with rules but all the NWFA people were all very familiar with safe shooting and curtious of where targets were placed that I saw - -I was at one far side though so I did not see everything.

Another note, the pit can get small with a bunch of people and the shooting distances are all under 100 yards, most at 50. I'd say and mostly rock backstops. Not the best situation for high powered rifles or anmo with steel in it... I'll only be bringing .22 rifles with me, the rest will be pistols.

A group broke off last year and headed further up the mountain to find a "rifle range" but I wasn't with them so I'm not sure where they ended up.

One last thing.

Bring something and someway to set your targets up:D. Even if it is a box and some masking tape for paper targets or hangers for steel targets.

Good points and considerations, Joe13. The community interaction thing has often been more positive than not, I think. We get unexpected new volunteers chipping in to help as they just happened to be driving by. That kind of connection is great!

I remember the guy with the cinder blocks and the plastic toys. I went over and had a little chat about that. Once he heard it was against the rules and that LE was stopping by, he gave up that idea. I was nice and he was too. Wish it would always go that way but sometimes it can go sour. I suppose if you stomped up to him and started yelling, it would go the wrong way real quick.

Which brings up mention of LE... Yes, we have Law Enforcement with us at this clean up. We always do. A couple of them are on duty and some are not (just there to participate like the rest of us). This year we may even get a visit from Clark Co. Sheriff's dept. We'll see.

Safety Safety! We'll talk about the shooting part at lunch. The clean up is officially over at lunch so those who want to stay and target practice will need to work out RSO's and procedures. It is a lot of fun but we all need to be very aware and practice strict safety and common sense.

So I can't bring RPG's. Darn it !!!!!! :s0111:

Good points and considerations, Joe13. The community interaction thing has often been more positive than not, I think. We get unexpected new volunteers chipping in to help as they just happened to be driving by. That kind of connection is great!

I remember the guy with the cinder blocks and the plastic toys. I went over and had a little chat about that. Once he heard it was against the rules and that LE was stopping by, he gave up that idea. I was nice and he was too. Wish it would always go that way but sometimes it can go sour. I suppose if you stomped up to him and started yelling, it would go the wrong way real quick.

Which brings up mention of LE... Yes, we have Law Enforcement with us at this clean up. We always do. A couple of them are on duty and some are not (just there to participate like the rest of us). This year we may even get a visit from Clark Co. Sheriff's dept. We'll see.

Safety Safety! We'll talk about the shooting part at lunch. The clean up is officially over at lunch so those who want to stay and target practice will need to work out RSO's and procedures. It is a lot of fun but we all need to be very aware and practice strict safety and common sense.

BTW, I'll have my 300 Blackout and Sig P220 out there and anyone is welcome to do a bit of target practice with them if they supply ammo. (I'll have a few extra rounds but can't supply for a bunch of people) The 300 Blk likes to eat super sonic rounds while the Sig P220 eats any .45 round I have ever fed it.

The biggest boom I got is my 12 gauge blasting some clays, it's going to look like the surface of Mars when I'm done there o_O
Don't joke like that:(
I thought we were going to see some real manly booms.

Or have a good way of getting rid of any abandoned vehicles like we had last time:cool:

Who needs a tow truck?:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads