JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

We need 30 people for this event. Will you be there?

• Total voters
As of Tue evening, the forecast for this coming Sat the 27th, the National Weather Service...

Saturday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.

We've done that before! No 'chance of showers' will stop us! Even if it were light rain, I'd still be there!

Four days until the clean up. Time to change your votes from "Might make it" to "YES". At this point, we have more people signed up via the Facebook Events than we do from NWFA. I would hope NWFA is the dominant participants at this event. So sign up and come enjoy a great day!

(Like all the other events, after it's done, you'll see the photos, see the prizes given out and read the comments posted, and you'll wish you would have been there! Yes, it's that much fun!)

Look over the list below and let me know what you can bring...

We NEED;
  • Coffee! Preground coffee!
  • Another Propane Coffee pot.
  • Coffee creamer.
  • Paper plates, Napkins and Coffee cups (about 30 of each).
  • Donuts and cookies (need at least 2 doz more).
  • A Propane Barbecue unit.
  • Snack bars.
  • Water bottles.
  • Head Camp Cook (Someone to make those burgers & dogs taste real good!).
  • Sign-in attendant (help people sign in to DNR & NWFA sheets, hand out raffle tickets).
  • Parking assistant (direct traffic to available spaces).
  • Ear plugs (for those who forgot)
If you would help with the We NEED section, please post here.

Cogs

You're bucking for the longest distance award! Thank you, Mikej!

The water will help and yes, shovel and rake will do it.

Glad to have you!

Actually Bill, I think it might be further for me to get out to the Wolf Creek site? Sometimes it seem like it's further just driving from East to West, through Portland!

I'm conflicted about this because I want to support those going out there and helping. However, I don't use the outdoor rec areas because of those people whom you are cleaning up after.

I find people in the outdoor rec areas to be careless, rude, callus and sometimes inebriated.

That being said, I'm sure there are more people that are responsible when they go out but we never see them or hear about them because they clean up after themselves and know how to be civilized.

I would happily make a small donation to help, and I appreciate those going out and puting physical work, but I just don't use these areas and it's unfortunate for those who do to have to find the support and effort to get something like this off the ground.

Cudos to all involved, the northwest firearms community will appreciate the efforts.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Pietro. I hear ya and agree it's too bad we have to do this. However, in the interest of general community relations, with non shooters and Forest service's, I think it's real important that we chip in and help to raise awareness and integrity of gun owners and for recreational outdoor shooting.

You don't have to. A lot of folks don't. We each have our ways of doing what we can.

Appreciate your willingness to contribute in your way!

Bill

However, I don't use the outdoor rec areas because of those people whom you are cleaning up after.

I feel very sorry for you then:(. Honestly, no sarcasm.

The range is dandy but the boonies are candy!!!:)

Nowhere else can you go and shoot pistol, rifle and shotguns all in one spot.

Reactive targets from booming ones (not a big fan personally) to ice, patatoes and steel.

My best memories and good times have been with friends out in the woods.

Yea, I am a cleaner upper when I go.

I do these clean and shoots for 2 reasons.

When I have grandkids I want them to be able to shoot pop cans and steel with a .22 and not just be restricted to paper target - fun for sure but no where near as fun IMO.

You get to meet people that you talk to here (for me daily). You would be surpised at how many folks I call friend (a real friend) after meeting at these events.

Bonus reason - lots of people have cooler toys then me and lots are happy to show and tell.

I think it's great you willing to lend a hand in a different way - I just wish you could see the positive side of shooting out on public land.

It's like the 2nd, use it or loose it and unfortunately part of that is picking up after those that give the whole sport a bad name.

I'm not sure it has been discussed too widely in this discussion however these are not about just cleaning up someone else mess. They are a chance for us to reach out to the community to educate them and that includes others that are out there shooting. When they see us being good stewards it makes them more likely to follow suit.

Craig's gonna get in trouble! Craig's gonna get in trouble!:s0121:

Boy, wait till GRC sees that!:)
I saw it, if not for needing to replace my brakes I would bring it up there Saturday so he could check out my "Honda". I'll probably be tearing into the brakes after I get home from the cleanup.

Collage.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads