JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is absolutely nothing in my car worth shooting someone over. My car isn't worth shooting someone over. None of my possessions are worth shooting someone over. All of these things are covered by insurance. That's what it's for. The life of myself, my family, or another is the only reason to shoot someone. Regardless of the state, Ability, Opportunity, and Jeopardy- if the situation does not meet all 3 criteria for death or great bodily harm and you shoot someone- you're most likely headed to jail. I'm not taking that chance over a stereo or a DVD player

Well that's great and I applaud you.
BTW can I hit your little child in the head with that DVD player?
Can I beat your wife over the head with the stereo?
Can I smash the TV on your head?
(how many things from any door to your bedrooms would kill you? and leave the kitchen knives out of this)
Said this many times before,if the person is in your house you aren't going to interview him to see what level of fight training he has or what level of violence he is capable of. Maybe you could ask him how much drugs he has in his system.

IF the guy is in your house and your family is present you are reckless if you do not kill him. Be nice to him and let him take the stereo and he just may want more.
Get in his way and he may have absolutely no problem killing you and your family.

If your lawyer can make the argument of these things you need a new lawyer.

So Dummytrash skated out on charges from before!
Maybe it was karma?!

Well thankfully the right person died and a man defending his family and property came out without injury and without charges.

Also noted his blood alcohol level was three times the limit? Did anyone else see that.

I hate that thing like this have to happen, but there is alwayys a fight of good versus evil. I'm always happy when good wins.

An update on this:
KGW said:
by Jeff Thompson, KGW.com Staff
kgw.com
Posted on March 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Updated yesterday at 11:22 AM
VANCOUVER -- A judge has dropped the charges against a Vancouver man who shot and killed a suspected car prowler across the street from his house last year, according to a newspaper report.
Sean Doucette, 27, was returning home from work on Jan. 29, 2013 when he heard a car alarm in the neighborhood, according to court documents. Doucette told his wife to call 911 and he approached the suspected car prowler, 19-year-old Iosif Dumitrash.
By the time police arrived at the scene, Dumitrash was lying dead in the street.
Background: <broken link removed>
A neighbor told police the two men got into a fight and Dumitrash was walking away when Doucette shot him. But the medical examiner's report showed Dumitrash was actually shot in the chest.
Doucette was charged with second-degree murder, based on the witness statement.
The Columbian reported Thursday that the witness later gave a different account, claiming Doucette was being attacked when he fired his gun in self-defense.
Based on the new witness account, and at the request of prosecutors, Superior Court Judge Dan Stahnke dismissed the charges against Doucette, according to the report.

VANCOUVER, Wash. &#8211; An attorney representing a Vancouver murder suspect involved in a shooting early Tuesday morning said Sean H. Doucette, 27, saw a man breaking into his car and confronted him in the street.

In a court appearance Wednesday morning, Doucette's attorney said his client got into a physical confrontation with the man, took out his gun, and shot him four times.

I read one report that said the neighbor saw the whole scuffle and Doucette shot Dumitrash in the back as he tried to walk away who knows what will happen. He might have been saying something threatening as he walked away which would prompt me to knock him senseless and tie him up or cuff him.

Even living out in the sticks is not safe these days.
It never was.

Nowhere is safe, just safer or less safe.

Personally I prefer to live out in the "sticks" (in my case in the literal sense - I have a lot of sticks in the form of trees around me) as there are less people. It is quieter and there is less chance of encountering someone who wants to harm me or steal from me.

Really depends on the area. If you live in the sticks no one is around to see intruders or hear you scream. A little trip to the store can provide a lot of time to break in and take what they want. And no one will hear a rock thrown through a window, etc.

Your chances are probably still less likely.
But more crack heads are taking their labs to the woods.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top