JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like someone was trying to play policeman and detain someone but used horrible judgement in using lethal force. He's going to be regretting that choice for a long, long, long time (if everything is as stated about this).

Sounds to me like the "independent witness" was likely one of Dumitrash's friends form up the street where he was hanging out all night.

If the dude was walking away, he will have entry wounds on his back. If not, they will be on the front side.

Tough thing is, the homeowner, was a Marine. Appropriate use of force will come into play here, I think.

I guess time will tell. I'm not going to condemn the guy though, as he gets a chance to defend his actions. We may hear the prowler was on drugs...There are so many ways this thing could go right now.

Be smart! If there is no threat, no weapon, and the perp is headed in the opposite direction.....Shooting perp makes you the dumbass, period, and in for legal troubles beyond belief!

Be smart people....Shooting someone dead because of a car prowl?
Damn!

There is absolutely nothing in my car worth shooting someone over. My car isn't worth shooting someone over. None of my possessions are worth shooting someone over. All of these things are covered by insurance. That's what it's for. The life of myself, my family, or another is the only reason to shoot someone. Regardless of the state, Ability, Opportunity, and Jeopardy- if the situation does not meet all 3 criteria for death or great bodily harm and you shoot someone- you're most likely headed to jail. I'm not taking that chance over a stereo or a DVD player

From today's KATU:

KATU News called the office to clarify because court documents said the witness told police Dumitrash was shot while "walking away." A spokewoman with the medical examiner's office said if the cause of death was gunshot wounds to the back, it would have been listed that way.

So the witness is incorrect.

You have to love the media. Earlier today, KATU said an indendent witness stated that Dumitrash was shot in the back while walking away. Now the article says the medical examiner states that Dumitrash died from gunshot wounds to the chest. The current article has also been edited, so that the "shot in the back" part has been removed. It now says the independent witness saw Dumitrash shot while "walking away."

I guess if the media doesn't like the facts, they can omit some. Honestly, you just can't tell what is going on from a news article.

I would also add it might be a bad idea to attack any gun owner based on what you read in the news. We all know the news is full of liberal liers pushing their agenda. Please dont turn on your brothers when the only facts you know are off the liberal news. Don't let them win.

haha....duh. :s0064:
Now you hurt my fealings. :s0058:
All bs aside; It was not research on RCWs. It was just a look at how OR might interpret what happened.
I had to look it up because I've been faced with the prowler situation before (more than once).

Wow, the initial articles in the paper got it so wrong on certain details only. Looks suspiciously like they lied. Charges were dropped because it was a clear case of self defense supported by a witness. The only good use for newspapers these days is as liners for the hamster box.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top