JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is an updated story on a home invasion that happened in Sammamish a couple of weeks ago. It seems four people randomly picked a home in a good area.

The son of the homeowner was shot five times and is still in hospital. One of the four intruders was shot and has not been charged for it.

That same one of four has a long list of prior convictions for nine felonies. Go figure.

I live in an area near Sammamish and we have hardwired alarm that we set when we are in our home. The home builder put alarm systems in all of the homes in our neighborhood.

We did not use it when we were at home for many years but we did use it we went out. But a lot of people in our neighborhood have Ring or some other alarm system so they arm or disarm remotely now.

For over 10 years now we set the alarm in home mode so the alarm goes off instantly if a sensor is triggered. We have few Ring cameras and we get a far amount of porch pirates, prowlers, stolen cars. I good number of people checking car doors and if unlocked rummaging through the car. Also few catalytic converter thefts as well.

It's a shame people have to live like this. Nice neighborhoods make good targets for crooks and ne'er do wells.

My sister lives in an older, fancy neighborhood in California. I think her house was built in 1932. At one time, this was an area that professional people lived in. Last time I was there, about half the homes had burglar bars on the windows. Because there was a main thoroughfare between two ghetto areas that ran alongside the fancy area. Crooks could just detour off their main route of travel and drive through the nice area looking for likely places to break into. But, about 75% of the crummy homes in the ghetto areas had burglar bars too.

I've got cameras that are visible from the road. The two cars parked in the driveway are 2006 and 2012 vintage (our newest rigs, in fact) so we don't have any fancy, expensive "whips" to attract attention. My visible, frequent and completely random presence on the property probably doesn't hurt.

Wow team of 4 armed men breaking in. Have a plan for if it happens to you is all one can say. Also have an early warning system if possible, make it reasonably hard to get in, be prepared for intruders having body armor. Put them at maximum disadvantage and you and your family in position if maximum advantage. Sucks for the homeowner's family. :(

I am guessing if they have an alarm they will be setting it from now on. If they don't have an alarm one then they will be purchasing one.

I live in an area near Sammamish and we have hardwired alarm that we set when we are in our home. The home builder put alarm systems in all of the homes in our neighborhood.

We did not use it when we were at home for many years but we did use it we went out. But a lot of people in our neighborhood have Ring or some other alarm system so they arm or disarm remotely now.

For over 10 years now we set the alarm in home mode so the alarm goes off instantly if a sensor is triggered. We have few Ring cameras and we get a far amount of porch pirates, prowlers, stolen cars. I good number of people checking car doors and if unlocked rummaging through the car. Also few catalytic converter thefts as well.
If you ever cut yourself, let a few bloods drops dry on your front porch. Toss a spent 12ga. shell next to the drops and you might be left alone. Or a yard sign that cautions about trip-wires.

If you ever cut yourself, let a few bloods drops dry on your front porch. Toss a spent 12ga. shell next to the drops and you might be left alone. Or a yard sign that cautions about trip-wires.
If that doesn't work go buy the biggest dog dish you can find, write Killer on it and leave that on your front porch too, along with some tattered denim and a torn-up boot.

A kitten, with the proper training, can be a formidable deterrent to home invasions.

Dagger & CC.jpg

Last Edited:
If that doesn't work go buy the biggest dog dish you can find, write Killer on it and leave that on your front porch too, along with some tattered denim and a torn-up boot.
Have a family member sptawl out on your porch and trace a chalk line around them, throw some spent shell casings around and place numbered small placards next to them. Finally, cordon off the porch area with some of this off Amazon.

A kitten, with the proper training, can be a formidable deterrent to home invasions.

View attachment 1371372

This means that a lot of people know what kind of system you have. A lot more than just your neighbors. Something to think about.
The easiest home to break into...is your own. So when you live in an area of tract houses, all the neighbor kids (only interested in the bad ones) know how to get into your house unless you change things up. Saw this all the time when we caught burglars.

While taking burglary reports from really nice neighborhoods (I sometimes worked in places where folks like Tom Cruise and other celebs had houses) they would always say, "But I live in a nice neighborhood." Yes, you live in Nordstrom. And this is where crooks go shopping. Home invasions play by the same rules to a certain extent. They would (and still do) come down to the nice shopping malls with a list of types of cars they needed to steal, think Range Rovers, not Hondas.

If some armed SOB's break into my house and don't manage to kill me, there won't be any left to be charged with the crime. I'm so sick and tired of hearing a bout multiple time felons continuing to commit violent crimes and getting away with it. What the actual FCUK happened to the 3 strikes rule??!?

The easiest home to break into...is your own. So when you live in an area of tract houses, all the neighbor kids (only interested in the bad ones) know how to get into your house unless you change things up. Saw this all the time when we caught burglars.

While taking burglary reports from really nice neighborhoods (I sometimes worked in places where folks like Tom Cruise and other celebs had houses) they would always say, "But I live in a nice neighborhood." Yes, you live in Nordstrom. And this is where crooks go shopping. Home invasions play by the same rules to a certain extent. They would (and still do) come down to the nice shopping malls with a list of types of cars they needed to steal, think Range Rovers, not Hondas.
The danger now is "follow home" robberies. I never let a car follow me home.

I am all for getting some large shoes and huge dog bowl. But we have porch pirates where I live to the items may be stolen. We have a fair amount of activity on the Neighbors section on the Ring application sometimes.

If some armed SOB's break into my house and don't manage to kill me, there won't be any left to be charged with the crime. I'm so sick and tired of hearing a bout multiple time felons continuing to commit violent crimes and getting away with it. What the actual FCUK happened to the 3 strikes rule??!?
We are not the courts. Frustration and revenge are not an excuse. If armed SOBs break into my house, I will eliminate the threat if I must. If they can manage to take the TV and leave without posing a threat to me, they become the local LE's problem.

This is an updated story on a home invasion that happened in Sammamish a couple of weeks ago. It seems four people randomly picked a home in a good area.

The son of the homeowner was shot five times and is still in hospital. One of the four intruders was shot and has not been charged for it.

That same one of four has a long list of prior convictions for nine felonies. Go figure.

Too bad the homeowner missed. Then again, GOD moves in mysterious ways....

Actually having a dog helps. My 70lb pitbull loves or is afraid of everybody (he was def beat b4 rescued) but he barks and charges the front door anytime someone's there. A 20lb dog can do that too.

Democrats

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top