Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Vancouver, WA - reported prowler killed in home

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ATCclears, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

prowler?
    280px-2008-10-05_Red_Plymouth_Prowler_at_South_Square.jpg

in for more detail.

3. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

4. Working 4 U

Working 4 U Eugene Active Member

We are not getting all of the story, somethings up if he was arrested.

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Shooter either forgot the ole "drag-corpse-into-the-house" trick, or the cops got there unfashionably too quick. :p

6. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

This is Vancouver, but there just is not enough information to even guess.

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well I think the Prez is going to want to send a team of Feds and a contingent of UN troops in to investigate this probable instance of gun violence! If it is indeed murder there is a chance that it was committed with an assault rifle, probable even! If that is the case they will have to arrest the rifle too! In fact, since this is Vancouver, he will probably want to declare martial law and arrest all of the firearms!

8. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I live just 4 blocks from there. Hmm....

9. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

wait, article is confusing me, they used word "intruder" and "prowler".

"intruder" and "prowler" is not same thing from my point of view. ban media.

10. Trailboss

The man that was shot was found outside and police have numerous evidence markers placed around the body (spent casings?)

11. Trailboss

KOIN's Brent Weisberg reported on this story Tuesday morning. KOIN learned that the individual who was shot and killed Tuesday was outside at the time; a neighbor tells KOIN the man's body could be seen in the street

12. Black Dog

Black Dog Eagle Creek Or Active Member

I'll probably be wrong again. The home owner called 911 about a prowler. He went outside and confronted the guy. The home owner said he was attacked by the prowler and self defense? It sounds like the deal down in Florida with Travon Martin.

13. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Modern forensics nails you pretty quick on the drag thing

mjbskwim likes this.
  14. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Even living out in the sticks is not safe these days. Best to be vigilant and loaded for bear

orygun likes this.
  15. dallen1x

dallen1x Wil_Val, OR Active Member

I looked up this related ORS just so I could learn. A good lawyer will probably still be needed.

16. HKFooey

HKFooey SW Washington Active Member

Did anyone notice the prowler's name? Iosif Dumitrash - I don't want to seem insensitive but that seems like a prank name. Something like "Heywood Jablowme" or "Mike Hunt"

That could really be his name but I just thought that it was odd.

BTW there was a home invasion in Washougal recently - two intruders who spoke with what sounded like Russian to each other, duct taped an old lady and stole all of her loot. I don't think they caught the guys - I wonder if there is any connection to this new shooting.

17. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

Interesting research....

Last time I looked,

Vancouver is still in WASHINGTON.

I don't believe ORS 161.225 applies.

18. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I just had to laugh when you wrote this because I hadn't seen the other post. You are spot on - Vancouver has not yet been moved to Oregon. roflmao.gif

The Heretic likes this.
  19. Trailboss

VANCOUVER, Wash. – An attorney representing a Vancouver murder suspect involved in a shooting early Tuesday morning said Sean H. Doucette, 27, saw a man breaking into his car and confronted him in the street.

In a court appearance Wednesday morning, Doucette's attorney said his client got into a physical confrontation with the man, took out his gun, and shot him four times.

20. Trailboss

By FOX 12 Webstaff - email

VANCOUVER, WA (KPTV) -
    Court documents have shed new light on what happened outside a Vancouver home where a 19-year-old man who police described as a prowler was shot and killed.

Sean Doucette, 27, appeared in court Wednesday on a charge of second-degree attempted murder for the shooting in the 14800 block of Northeast 33rd Street, where Doucette lives.

A defense attorney said Doucette had just come home from work around 4 a.m. Tuesday when he heard a car alarm go off across the street. Doucette told his wife to call 911 as he tried to contain the suspected prowler, the attorney said.

A fight ensued between Doucette and 19-year-old Iosif Dumitrash, according to Doucette's wife.

Detectives cited information from an independent witness, who told them Doucette and Dumitrash fought and then fell on the ground. When they fell, both men separated from each other, and Dumitrash "began to walk away," authorities said.

That's when Doucette fired the fatal shots, the court documents said. At 3:53 a.m., Doucette's wife called 911 to tell dispatchers her husband had shot someone.

Officers responded and found numerous empty shell casings in the street, close to where Dumitrash's body was found.