JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since Utah isnt the first to do so Id say its a trend. This touches on the fair-chase ethics subject but I can also see it as another restriction in regards to the decline of game. (similar to the way they wanted to make bowhunting a lottery tag in eastern Oregon)

I think I am missing something or do not understand.

The article says:

Utah bans use of trail cameras in big game hunting

So what do they mean by the 'use' of them in big game hunting?

If this means you CANNOT have them in trees during the hunting season then that makes sense but I really don't understand how they can technically be 'used' to hunt. I mean they don't have some sort of 'gun' that kills the animal when detected.

Ok, so they record pics & vid of game coming and going but YOU the hunter are not usually in the area of the cam when the animals are being recorded and are most likely gone when you do go check the camera.

Like I said I have little to no experience with trail cameras' so maybe someone could fill me in on the 'connection' between the camera and 'using' it for hunting.

I really don't understand how they can technically be 'used' to hunt.
If your using them to track or pattern game then it doesn't matter if your there when they take pics or not. The cameras gives you a huge advantage of where to hunt over hunters who dont use them.

Never met a real hunter that used cameras. Kind of defeats the point of the hunt part.
Who's the new guy with his account/profile all locked down? Are you just here to troll? Usually the person displaying your sentiment is the same person that's willing to take big game at 700+ yards. Let's pound chests yet say no to t-cams. I've never bought one but if I'm hunting private property and I want to cam scout, so be it. Real hunters wear camo, that seems like an unfair advantage but cameras are bad all of the sudden. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
The point really is that as a hunter you have personal choices to make for a number of various reasons. We could debate this to death but it only serves to divide us.
Or we could just implement no camo, mandatory hunter safe orange, big game seasons will be restricted to 30-30 lever actions, slug guns, and black powder, no cover scents or urine, no blind hunting. I could keep going. How ridiculous people have become with imposing these new restrictions. They took dogs away in Oregon they might as well batten down the hatches. :cool:

Or we could just implement no camo, mandatory hunter safe orange, big game seasons will be restricted to 30-30 lever actions, slug guns, and black powder, no cover scents or urine, no blind hunting. I could keep going. How ridiculous people have become with imposing these new restrictions. They took dogs away in Oregon they might as well baton down the hatches. :cool:
Some always have a urine scent albeit their own so maybe that would still be legal lol

So far, the biggest advantage I have seen, Being an Oregon State Trooper/Game Warden! Paid to spend all time in woods and private land
and owners almost never say no if asked by Game Warden do you mind if I hunt your Ranch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top