JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do agree that some people post crazy prices for things here. However, I think most of the time its done to have room to negotiate a fair price without losing your shirt. I have never sold a firearm here to anyone who did not meet the legal requirements to own a firearm, nor would I. No I didn't do background checks, but I did use all of the resources I had available to me. People who shouldn't own a firearm, can and do buy them from a dealers legally. Passing a background check doesn't mean your sane and have good judgment or the ability to make good moral decisions. What I got from what you said, was every member of this site is knowingly selling firearms illegally for profit. I have purchased firearms from this site, and even paid a little extra for a hard to find item. However I have purchase just as many firearms from licensed dealers. If your so naive to think that government can't figure out that if you have one gun, you may have more, you need to sit down and do some hard thinking. The great thing about NWFA is that if you don't like what's going on here, you don't have to be a member. I can't stand Current TV, so I don't watch it. In closing, the internet is not private, and I hold no illusions that any interested Government agency couldn't simply read our PM's and figure out who is buying what.

I totally agree for rare or hard to find guns. I question more the prices of used glocks and other common guns. I also don't blame people for wanting/trying to get most there money back out of guns. I just question how common guns like Glocks and keltecs are priced for as much or more than new.

Maybe these guns never sell but I see a lot of "PM sent" messages and just wonder why someone will pay more for a used gun as the same gun new???

I do agree that some people post crazy prices for things here. However, I think most of the time its done to have room to negotiate a fair price without losing your shirt. I have never sold a firearm here to anyone who did not meet the legal requirements to own a firearm, nor would I. No I didn't do background checks, but I did use all of the resources I had available to me. People who shouldn't own a firearm, can and do buy them from a dealers legally. Passing a background check doesn't mean your sane and have good judgment or the ability to make good moral decisions. What I got from what you said, was every member of this site is knowingly selling firearms illegally for profit. I have purchased firearms from this site, and even paid a little extra for a hard to find item. However I have purchase just as many firearms from licensed dealers. If your so naive to think that government can't figure out that if you have one gun, you may have more, you need to sit down and do some hard thinking. The great thing about NWFA is that if you don't like what's going on here, you don't have to be a member. I can't stand Current TV, so I don't watch it. In closing, the internet is not private, and I hold no illusions that any interested Government agency couldn't simply read our PM's and figure out who is buying what.

I don't think that at all. I think most deals done here are totally legal. Again I just wonder why someone would even ask more than retail for a common Glock or Keltec. Maybe everyone is right and no one does pay over retail for commons guns. I guess there are just a lot of sellers who have no clue???

I have things posted at or below book value. I do my homework before I throw out a price, and still I get offers that just make you want to slap someone. Even if I were living in my car, I wouldn't just give a firearm away for a quick sale. I could pawn it, and at least have a chance at getting it back. So on one end you do have people asking crazy amounts of money, but on the other you have people making insulting offers. On something's I understand. I just purchased a new Sig on gun broker because it wasn't available anywhere else. I got a pretty good deal, but after shipping and transfer fees, it would have been worth paying a little extra for a nice used one.

Maybe these guns never sell but I see a lot of "PM sent" messages and just wonder why someone will pay more for a used gun as the same gun new???[/QUOTE]

Ask a high price and eventually you will get to what is a reasonable price, if you ask a 'fair' price people will still try and lowball you. If i want to sell one of my guns fast i ask a 'fair' price but im still surprised about the amount of lowball offers i get.

I have met alot of good people through this site and as for the creeps and 'questionable' buyers they are relitivly easy to detect

I have to admitt, I have sold a Glock used for the same price as a new one. I am not sure why the guy paid more for it but he was legal and he had no issues with it.
Glocks are totaly over priced on here and other boards. I think the reason is: people that are buying them are not legal to buy them. Yes they may have a carry permit but that doesn't mean they can buy a gun. If that person has a domestic violence since they got the permit NICS will decline the purchase. You/me/us, may think everyone is "legal", but think again.

I have things posted at or below book value. I do my homework before I throw out a price, and still I get offers that just make you want to slap someone. Even if I were living in my car, I wouldn't just give a firearm away for a quick sale. I could pawn it, and at least have a chance at getting it back. So on one end you do have people asking crazy amounts of money, but on the other you have people making insulting offers. On something's I understand. I just purchased a new Sig on gun broker because it wasn't available anywhere else. I got a pretty good deal, but after shipping and transfer fees, it would have been worth paying a little extra for a nice used one.

Exactly. Why GIVE something away to someone who wants something for nothing?

For as many guns that are posted for "more than retail" prices, and people complaining about it, there are just as many people out there that want your item for nothing. Insulting low ball offers that just say "Hey, just give your gun to me". That's what I don't get.

If you don't like the price of an item, and don't want to make a reasonable offer, then just move on.

The classifieds are no different than a retail store. You can set the price at anything you want, welcome to America. I've gone to several local gun stores in the same day, looking for a particular gun. While browsing, I've seen the exact same NIB guns for prices that vary between $15-75 from store to store. Everyone has a reason for setting the price of their gun at what they think the market will bear. I've seen plenty of great deals in the classifieds and sold several items. I like the classifieds because some of the guns I want to add to my collection arent made anymore, so I cant buy them NIB at a dealer. As stated a dozen times before me, if you dont like the price, make an offer you feel is good or go buy the other gun you found at such a good deal.

I have still not heard one good reason why someone will pay $525-$550 for a used glock that retails for $499? I have seen adds for overpriced glocks with "PM full price offer" so I know people are willing to overpay and I just wonder WHY?

I have still not heard one good reason why someone will pay $525-$550 for a used glock that retails for $499? I have seen adds for overpriced glocks with "PM full price offer" so I know people are willing to overpay and I just wonder WHY?

A lot of times they are barely used and come with extra magazines/ammo/holsters. Also, I have come to the conclusion that there is something about Glocks that brings out the stupid in people.....they hear their favorite rapper singing about their "Glock foty" and they need one too, or they decide they want a pistol and the only brand they can think of is the one they hear via media all the time "what's a good brand...glock is good right, everybody is always talking about them". (No offense to you Glock lovers lol) .

I tried to sell a couple of handguns on here, with the stipulation of a mandatory background check for the buyer,( for my safety, from liability) I was only asking 50-75% of retail.. all i got was a lot of hate mail about ,,"how could i expect a background check,, and if i would allow them to buy without a background check".. so makes me wonder if the classifieds are being used by criminals.

Here's why a person might pay '525-550' for a used Glock that runs 499 retail.

Add 20 bucks for shipping, generally.
Add 25-40 bucks for the transfer, generally.
Add 5-10 days shipping/handling days, generally.
Glocks, unless they are abused are going to work just fine if they have a few thousand rounds through them. Cosmetic aside, who cares.

20 plus 25, is damn near fifty and you don't have to wait.

A return question to those who think criminals are using the forum: how many guns have been sold here only to come back and bite the seller?

I have yet to see one.

Here's why a person might pay '525-550' for a used Glock that runs 499 retail.

Add 20 bucks for shipping, generally.
Add 25-40 bucks for the transfer, generally.
Add 5-10 days shipping/handling days, generally.
Glocks, unless they are abused are going to work just fine if they have a few thousand rounds through them. Cosmetic aside, who cares.

20 plus 25, is damn near fifty and you don't have to wait.

A return question to those who think criminals are using the forum: how many guns have been sold here only to come back and bite the seller?

I have yet to see one.

I don't know how it is where you live but here in OR you can walk into any gun shop any day of the week and pick up a new gen 3 glock for $499 plus $10 background. No shipping, no transfers, no waiting so that may be why people overpay there but that is no reason to overpay here.

I didn't bring this topic up to debate sellers asking prices being to high and if it sells it sells etc.... I brought it up to see what other people thought might be the reason people will pay more than retail for used guns??? Obviously if there are people with money willing to overpay then there will always be sellers asking high prices. This is all simple economics so please quit explaining why sellers are doing it, my question is more for the buyers???
Yes I understand rare out of production guns etc... that is not my question

A return question to those who think criminals are using the forum: how many guns have been sold here only to come back and bite the seller? I have yet to see one.

Me! Although, not really a bite. Federal Way police picked up a gun at some crime sene that was last "offically" owned by me. I told them I had sold it. They wanted to know (and I told them) who I had sold it to. End of story.

Ed

I feel like no one wants to admit there is "value" to not having a gun in their name??? Whether they can legally own it or not, or just don't want it in their name. My burning question is WHY????

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top