JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is it the lack of nicotine or that you don't have that replacement for the chew? If the latter, this works for me.
View attachment 561599

When you're trying to quit something you do not need a crutch. IMHO, cold turkey is one of the only ways you're going to quit and stay quit, desire to leave tobacco-free is the main reason.

Good luck with your quest brother oh, you can do it you just have to want to do it.

Oh, and I literally have ZERO interest in giving up nicotine. I mean not even a little. So I vape. No more chew for me. I was never a smoker, but I've been a nic addict for 30 years. My momma didn't raise no quitter!

I do. Been trying to quit smoking for years. Well, it's easy for me to quit, but not so easy to stay that way. :)

I went to a vape and now have been cigarette-free for 3 months. Saving me a ton of money!

I reduce my nic levels of the e-juice over time. Eventually I'll be able to let it go, but it's sure nice to ease the discomfort and reduce the urges to light up until then.

Nasty habit, smoking. Like most I'm sure, wish I never started. 1000s of dollars wasted, and probably a few years off my life.

I didn't waste $$$ on the gum because I knew that I finally wanted to stop & cold turkey and my desire to quit was cheaper.
This does not work for all people so to each their own to reach the finish line.;)

I always laugh that the "masses" rely on caffeine. Starbucks is a multi-BILLION dollar company but nicotine is somehow the red-headed step child in the room.

FYI I gave up caffeine a year ago. Easiest vice I ever left. None of this is good or us, but some is more PC than others. :rolleyes:

I'd like to give it up, as it's really a waste of money. But it's a step in the right direction.

Meanwhile, you vaping nic salts or the old-school freebase? If you haven't tried salts, it's WAY better IMO. I tried before to quit with vaping and just couldn't get any satisfaction. Learned a lot since then, and should be set now. I'm using a Breeze 2.

Oh, for those thinking of using a vape as a replacement therapy, Dash Vapes has a great deal going on now. Buy 80 bucks worth of juice, get a free B2 vape and another bottle of juice. And their prices are great, about half of what I spend at the local stores. They're in Canada, but I still got my package of goodies within a week.

Amongst their other great videos, here's the one describing the promotion:

I went from salts to e-juice. I like to do things differently. :D

It's a one-way ticket. Not sure all these "studies" are needed. :rolleyes:

Agreed, what kind of sick monster would try to take something like this away from anyone.
Blueberry-Cheesecake-Pancakes-3-681x1024.jpg

I haven't had a dip since February 26th. Wasnt so bad the first week since I was on a cruise and had a constant BAC of .2 or higher. Its getting progressively worse though. Me and Copenhagen have been friends since I was 14. Now, I am constantly on a hair trigger mood wise. I haven't taken it out on anyone, but I've gone on a couple drives here and there blasting Du Hast and giving pedestrians dirty looks.

When does it end?
Try Mint Snuff. Worked for me.

I haven't had a dip since February 26th. Wasnt so bad the first week since I was on a cruise and had a constant BAC of .2 or higher. Its getting progressively worse though. Me and Copenhagen have been friends since I was 14. Now, I am constantly on a hair trigger mood wise. I haven't taken it out on anyone, but I've gone on a couple drives here and there blasting Du Hast and giving pedestrians dirty looks.

When does it end?
I started chewing full time when I was 18, quit when I left the military. It was a month of pain cold turkey, and I gained weight. My old man was a bubblegumy prick when he could not get chew, and had a worse habit than I. He made everything around him miserable, when he was withdrawing from it. Don't be a miserable prick, ruin relationships, and get yourself or someone else killed while trying to quit. I am strong willed and quit without ruining relationships, and didn't need patches etc. It's 100% psychological with physiological withdrawal. Some people should probably just cut back and not quit, it's that bad. Don't ever start chewing to begin with. Been 15 years and I still crave the crap when I smell or see it.

Last Edited:

When does it end?
I quit four weeks ago after chewing for 59 years. I ached from head to toe for a week which surprised me greatly. I just felt like I'd lost my best friend. I started taking (two pills in the am and two in the pm) 800 Mg total of Magnesium (chelated) that a cardiologist/DO friend recommended. My emotions and attitude became MUCH more positive after about three days. Then I switched one of the am pills to ReMag. You cannot take too much. Dr. Carolyn Dean authored "The Magnesium Miracle". Amazing amount of research went into it, eye opening, our library had the book. She has a laboratory that produces the ReMag. No more desire to chew, although I do miss it from time to time after a meal, etc. The combination of getting nicotine out of my system and the physical and mood enhancing effects of the ReMag have been nothing short of a miracle for me and for friends I've recommended it to who have started taking it. I'm the original skeptic when it comes to snake oil cures but this stuff has taken 10 years off my life and I've only been taking it for three weeks.
Try it... and hang in there. There is life after Cope & Grizzly Wintergreen.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads