JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Blocky. Clunky. Yeah, it's a Glock. :D

Yes, but it is a Glock, and will run flawlessly until the end of time. A century after everyone here is long gone, that piece will still be in service. And in 10㎜. What else can one ask for?

Kind of like how I fell in love with all things .44 Magnum, I'm thinking you've maybe found your pistola muse. Or not. Either way, well wishes from your wacky friend to the south. :)

I'm horrible at maths, but I'm fairly certain that if you budgeted your annual cigarette costs in a different direction, you could spend a week on the beaches of Belize in a hut snorkeling with your family making memories you'll all tell your grandchildren about.

Think on it.

I'm horrible at maths, but I'm fairly certain that if you budgeted your annual cigarette costs in a different direction, you could spend a week on the beaches of Belize in a hut snorkeling with your family making memories you'll all tell your grandchildren about.

Think on it.

..or to the folks that have a pack a day + Starbucks routines...
Adds up to around 6gs a year...+/- bad days.

That's $500 per month that could be going to the gun fund!
You could buy 60 HiPoints...or like 2 nice 1911s.

A friend of mine tried for years to quit chewing. What really helped him finally quit was printing out pictures of cancer caused by smokeless tobacco and placing them around his house and car so he had a constant reminder of what could/would happen to him.
It's one thing to see the scars of someone who had an operation on their chest for lung cancer brought on by cigarettes, but it's a whole lot worse to see terrible facial disfiguring pics staring at you everyday.
Just type "chewing tobacco cancer" on the internet and select images and see what I'm talking about.

What "could" be bought with the "if I only didn't smoke/chew monies" is gas in the wind. Get off the rainbow.
I could have had many things that made life more enjoyable and rewarding in the long term. Instead, I paid to poison myself long term. Later in life, I'll pay others to hopefully stave off my death of it all. That's the reality

Growing up my buddy's father used to smoke Pall Mall reds (RJ Reynolds), and one day he wrote in Italian "These will kill you" on the pack and set it on the dining room table. Somehow this worked for him and he was able to quit.

Also, a friend of mine summed up the addiction paradigm pretty succinctly I thought. He said quitting cigarette addiction (or insert your addiction of choice here) is akin to driving a nail into a wall and removing it. You can patch the wall up and hide it well, but that hole is always there.

My dad smoked Lucky Strike all his life. That was my introduction to the cancer sticks. My dad finally figured it out, and opened a whole pack and put them in my mouth. Lit the Zippo, and said.....smoke big man. And I did. He beat my azz with a razor strap until I bled. (ya, try doing this in todays times) I was 11 years old, and that beating never did a damn bit of good. Coffin Nails.

Think on it.

I chewed about 1.5 cans a week. If I paid top dollar, it would be about $550
A year. Not a small amount of money. Funny, but I gave up my last half can in the Bahamas!

The first drug I ever repped was Zyban, an antidepressant that helps people quit smoking. As part of our clinical education we studied the various cancers associated with tobacco products.

Lots of pictures. Really, really nasty pictures. Not to mention COPD education.

It's a tough habit to break. Some medical professionals say it's the toughest.

Coffin nails indeed.

P

I remember my Dad tossing his pack of smokes out the window of the car when he heard the Surgeon General on the radio announce that cigarettes causes lung cancer and heart disease.
First the pack flew out, then his favorite lighter and after one last long pull, his burning cigarette followed.
He had just started coughing and hacking first thing in the morning, and that was the final push he needed.

swallowing it makes you want to quit
I used Copenhagen to quit smoking. Probably 20 years. had in my mouth 24 hrs a day. Drank beer with it and slept with it. I quit when the dentist told me it looked like cancer in my mouth. Lucky it wasn't but I threw it away when I left his office.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top