JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm guessing they will have a fight on there hands from states like Komifornia!

That would mean we can carry in those states but abide by there laws on firearms? I would have to buy a new pistol o_O:eek:

Their next move will be "Carry... fine, but you didn't get our Permission Slip to POSSESS, so you violated our laws, No More Guns For You ANYWHERE!"

Count on 'em to try that kind of underhanded crap...

That's a good question. Don't the constitutional carry states allow you to go thru the process of getting a permit?

Arizona is a constitutional carry state, that allows an eligible person to receive a CCW card--Having the concealed carry card allows carry/ storage of your gun in areas where constitutional carry will not

The downfall of national reciprocity is that the Federal Gov't will have every concealed carry holders name, dob & address--Count me out:eek:

To elaborate on prior example...

IL: "You can carry, but you don't have an FOID so you can't POSSESS!"
CA: "You can carry but your gun's not on our Approved List so you're in possession of contraband!"
NYC: DeButthole-o would figure out something... ditto his neighbors in Nazi Jersey. And don't forget in NJ you're stuck with hardball and can't have even an EXPENDED JHP... I made my GF a pair of earrings from spent HP jackets and she'd commit a felony just by WEARING 'em there.

Like a nasty schoolteacher from Hell telling a kid "I said you could use the bathroom, but I DIDN'T say you could leave your seat..."

There is no national standard for drivers licenses. Each state has its own rules on how to get them, but they are recognized by all of the other states. CHLs should have the same reciprocity.
Ah..........Not quite, Arizona Drivers licences are not "legal" in other states no will T.S.A. accept them as suitable I.D. when flying! I have no idea why this is, but it's true. I also hear New Mexico has the same type of problem!

Ah..........Not quite, Arizona Drivers licences are not "legal" in other states no will T.S.A. accept them as suitable I.D. when flying! I have no idea why this is, but it's true. I also hear New Mexico has the same type of problem!
I actually know why the AZ license is not acceptable. My stepdaughter got her license in AZ at the age of 18. It does not have to be renewed by test until her 65th birthday. She has to have a new picture every12 years. Twelve years is a long time for facial changes even without plastic surgery.

Last Edited:
Here's what I hope, get his SCOTUS nominee in ASAP, then write an EO in support of a strict ruling of RTPKA SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED and take it out of the state's purview just like they can't supercede the IRS' taxation ability. Strike down any state laws that infringe as unconstitutional.

Brutus Out

I actually know why the AZ license is not acceptable. My stepdaughter got her license in AZ at the age of 18. It does not have to be renewed by test until her 65th birthday. She has to have a new picture every12 years. Twelve years is a long time for facial changes even without plastic surgery.

I believe the below paragraph may explain why the AZ license is not acceptable: Note red colored txt at bottom.

Note the below quoted text is from wikipedia.org so take it for informational purposes and not as absolute fact

Source link >> REAL ID Act - Wikipedia

------------
The REAL ID Act of 2005, Pub.L. 109–13, 119 Stat. 302, enacted May 11, 2005, is an Act of Congress that modifies U.S. federal law pertaining to security, authentication, and issuance procedures standards for the state driver's licenses and identification (ID) cards, as well as various immigration issues pertaining to terrorism.

The law sets forth requirements for state driver's licenses and ID cards to be accepted by the federal government for "official purposes", as defined by the Secretary of Homeland Security. The Secretary of Homeland Security has currently defined "official purposes" as presenting state driver's licenses and identification cards for boarding commercially operated airline flights and entering federal buildings and nuclear power plants, although the law gives the Secretary the unlimited authority to require a "federal identification" for any other purposes that the Secretary shall determine.[4]

The REAL ID Act implements the following:

• Title II of the act establishes new federal standards for state-issued driver licenses and non-driver identification cards.
  • Changing visa limits for temporary workers, nurses, and Australian citizens.
  • Funding some reports and pilot projects related to border security.
  • Introducing rules covering "delivery bonds" (similar to bail bonds but for aliens who have been released pending hearings).
  • Updating and tightening the laws on application for asylum and deportation of aliens for terrorist activity.
  • Waiving laws that interfere with construction of physical barriers at the borders.
On December 20, 2013, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security announced that implementation of Phase 1 would begin on January 20, 2014, which followed a yearlong period of "deferred enforcement". There are four planned phases, three of which apply to areas that affect relatively few U.S. citizens—e.g., DHS headquarters, nuclear power plants, and restricted and semi-restricted federal facilities.[5] The timeline for Phase 4, which applies to boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft, will be determined after DHS conducts an evaluation of how the first three phases were implemented. To "ensure that the public has ample advanced [sic] notice", DHS says that Phase 4 will not be implemented before January 1, 2016.[2] On January 8, 2016, DHS issued a revised implementation schedule for Phase 4, stating that starting January 22, 2018 "passengers with a driver's license issued by a state that is still not compliant with the REAL ID Act (and has not been granted an extension) will need to show an alternative form of acceptable identification for domestic air travel to board their flight".
----------------

Here's what I hope, get his SCOTUS nominee in ASAP, then write an EO in support of a strict ruling of RTPKA SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED and take it out of the state's purview just like they can't supercede the IRS' taxation ability. Strike down any state laws that infringe as unconstitutional.

Brutus Out
Problem is, just as we're talking about to gut Obuttnugget's Sick Triceratops Legacy*, what can be done by one EO can be UNdone by another.
*As in, Dr. Malcolm's line about "That is one big pile of..."

I told him what I told Dave,leave it alone the Feds will screw it up.
They think in their infinite wisdom that all the states will just conform. Some never will.
And they shouldn't. If they don't want their folks safe,the ones who let their bad gun laws happen,then so be it
I for one will spend my money in free states

This isn't freekin' South Africa during apartheid with all its travel restrictions. As American citizens we should have the freedom to travel legally ARMED wherever we want in the US just like your valid Driver's License allows you to drive in any state. One state should not be able to override the Constitution and restrict the full laws of the land and BOR. It is not the Constitution for some of us, it is for all of us. :mad: We shouldn't have to consider moving to "free states".

Brutus Out

This isn't freekin' South Africa during apartheid with all its travel restrictions. As American citizens we should have the freedom to travel legally ARMED wherever we want in the US just like your valid Driver's License allows you to drive in any state. One state should not be able to override the Constitution and restrict the full laws of the land and BOR. It is not the Constitution for some of us, it is for all of us. :mad: We shouldn't have to consider moving to "free states".

Brutus Out
True we should be able to. But I still believe that the gubment will f@ck us some how on this. Heck they'll make us carry a million dollar bond or such if we travel out of our home state.
They'll probably make us register and train with each individual gun. That's what it would take to get NY to honor the reciprocity.
You can now get permits to cover about 38 states. The other 12 states will make it impossible to do.
They should just leave it alone

Cornyn Introduces National Reciprocity Bill to Senate

Cornyn Introduces National Reciprocity Bill to Senate
Differs from House bill on nonresident gun-carry permits

John-Cornyn.jpg

Sen. John Cornyn (R., Texas) / AP

BY: Stephen Gutowski
March 1, 2017 1:48 pm

ref:
Search Results for Query: reciprocity | Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top