JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
GOA is asking us to write to Merkley and Wyden to get on board with this bill (like they would) but I am sharing here.

Like to write on this bill:
John Cornyn Introduces Concealed Carry Reciprocity in the Senate
Already sent off a couple of emails, zero response, as is customary... Perhaps in August or September I'll get some BS form letter thanking me for sharing my thoughts, but indicating that they'll do pretty much as they please...

Sigh..........

I hate to throw cold water on anything but this is a waste of time and resources. Resources that should be better spent on things that actually could happen. While the states that do issue concealed permits would probably sign on, some states will never sign on to this.

And... it is their right not to, states rights etc.

So .... I'm thinking this could actually result in a bad outcome such as a state that does not require training or to be permitted to carry but only with a certain gun you qualify with, what if all states start those requirements due to this?

I know WA state would JUMP at the chance to make it harder and have more conditions and red tape in order to get a concealed carry permit.

I'd much rather be able to buy a suppressor easily then worry about weather I can carry in Rhode island.....

So by your logic, since we have the majority now after 8 long years we should only take baby steps to get back the lights stolen from us?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
No, it's time to put as many points on the board as we can without going into overreach--the challenge is to do enough to tell the GOP vote that it's worth letting them keep the Triple Crown, but not quite enough to motivate the Dem base to turn out in 2018.

That in turn buys two more years to set up the "Are YOU better off today than you were four years ago?" question...

And then we have clowns like Lyin' Ryan who've decided reenacting Obamacare under GOP branding is Job One... *rolls eyes*

There are a lot of things I want to happen and be done, some pretty extreme, [any one think we should eliminate birthright citizenship? - jump across the boarder and drop an anchor baby and your home free] but, I know we are going to have to have a solid majority on the supreme court in order for these things to happen as the dems will fight to the death to stop them.

Only way.... is if we are set up to win were it counts, the supreme court. Unfortunately, getting "that" majority may take longer then 4 yrs.

Now, we can and should do as much as possible, but remember obumer has packed and I do mean "packed" the federal courts with libtard judges.

Example: a commie judge today placed Trumps immigration executive order on hold. Now that will have to be litigated and if it goes to the supreme, supreme court we are going to need judge Gorsuch on-board or we will lose that fight.

WA state commies like Ferguson are not finished coming after assault weapons, just watch, but be ready. We are going to have to rise up and fight hard or they will come for your AR15 in wa state and that is going to happen soon.

Sad prediction, they will win by lying their arses off and we will have to turn in AR15 rifles in wa. So lets all wast time and $$ on pie in the sky sh-it like national concealed carry....

Last Edited:
There are a lot of things I want to happen and be done, some pretty extreme, [any one think we should eliminate birthright citizenship? - jump across the boarder and drop an anchor baby and your home free] but, I know we are going to have to have a solid majority on the supreme court in order for these things to happen as the dems will fight to the death to stop them.

Only way.... is if we are set up to win were it counts, the supreme court. Unfortunately, getting "that" majority may take longer then 4 yrs.

Now, we can and should do as much as possible, but remember obumer has packed and I do mean "packed" the federal courts with libtard judges.

Example: a commie judge today placed Trumps immigration executive order on hold. Now that will have to be litigated and if it goes to the supreme, supreme court we are going to need judge Gorsuch on-board or we will lose that fight.

WA state commies like Ferguson are not finished coming after assault weapons, just watch, but be ready. We are going to have to rise up and fight hard or they will come for your AR15 in wa state and that is going to happen soon.

Sad prediction, they will win by lying their arses off and we will have to turn in AR15 rifles in wa. So lets all wast time and $$ on pie in the sky sh-it like national concealed carry....

I think We should fight the same way the anti-gunners do--Dump all the pro-gun legislation we can find on them and all the time. That seems to be how they pull off their un-constitutional agenda, so why should we be any different?

Last Edited:
So you have to ask yourself if you trust the federal government with protecting your rights. Seems to me we are putting in control the very individuals we distrust the most. Right now the Republicans control the government what about the next time the Democrats are running the show.

The LEFT....cities and states, will fight any law that is favorable to gun rights. LEFT WING local AGs (paid with your tax money) will lead the fights.

I suspect that.....

The question of CCW, registration, lic., permits, ownership of AWs, etc..... needs to go to the Supreme Court before anyone (from the LEFT) will understand, "shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark

The LEFT....cities and states, will fight any law that is favorable to gun rights. LEFT WING local AGs (paid with your tax money) will lead the fights.

I suspect that.....

The question of CCW, registration, lic., permits, ownership of AWs, etc..... needs to go to the Supreme Court before anyone (from the LEFT) will understand, "shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark
And even THAT won't make them understand, they'll just keep their hoplophobic delusion alive until they can get a 5-4 majority...

"Freedom is never more than a generation away from extinction."--Reagan, IIRC

Here's the summation of a lengthy article about a national reciprocity law by someone at the "EveryTown" website.

"Conclusion

Congressionally-imposed automatic reciprocity would intrude on states' most basic authority to determine which criminals, stalkers, and domestic abusers are too dangerous to carry hidden handguns in public. Federally mandated reciprocity would lower the bar for concealed carry, nationwide, to the level of states with the least rigorous standards — allowing states with the weakest permitting requirements and most ineffective, error-prone permitting systems to decide who can carry nationwide. This misguided federal proposal would enable dangerous criminals to legally carry hidden guns in states where they would otherwise be prohibited from possessing firearms at all.

Congress must respect core federalism principles, honor the states' exercise of their police power as they deem necessary, and reject calls to federalize questions of public safety that have always been resolved by the states. Throughout American history, states have carefully built their own public safety laws and today's bedrock state gun laws have been constructed over many decades. Congress should turn aside attempts to eviscerate states' rights and undercut their efforts to prevent gun violence."​

I find their support of "states rights" interesting, but not surprising, because the Left decries such an argument when used against one of their favored topics, some/many of which are not a constitutional right. The Left regularly and aggresively advocates for more federal control, authority, and regulation that usurps state control. But not in this case.

Their defense of a patchwork, decentralized approach to a lawful citizen's constitutional right to exercise a civil liberty which is enumerated in the U.S. Constitution is, of course, at odds with the Left's insistence that other "rights" they support must be accepted, without restriction, by every state via a federal mandate.

And, of course, they cite no sources for their data and fall back on the tired reasoning that "if there is a law, criminals will obey it". They also, through their case examples (which have no sources cited), document the ineptitude of state government's ability to determine who is or is not eligible for a permit. Finally, but again not surprising, they completely ignore the fact that CCW holders are more law abiding that even police officers.

If person A gets to do, say, or be something that is not a constitutional right and it must be accepted in every state, then my constitutional right to "keep and bear arms" via a concealed carry permit should be accepted in every state.

My right was first confirmed in the U.S. Constitution, and then later in the Oregon Constitution, not the other way around.

I don't have a sense for the passage of such a bill, but I favor some legal means to have my right accepted anywhere in the US.

Residents would still require the permit for their HOME state (or proof of Permanent residence if constitutional carry) it would simply allow for out of state visitors, travelers through, and other non-residents, to carry and have weapons under their personal control according to the laws of their state of residence and Federal laws. States would still be free to violate their own citizens constitutional rights but not to violate those of citizens of other states.

Kinda like Driver's licenses...if you move to a different State permanently you need to get the new state's license and your vehicle(s) re-plated before your grace period ends. But if you're a Snowbird, tourist or student no problem, provided you don't over stay the legal residency period.

An example would be studded snow tires on your car, Idaho requires their spring removal about a month after Washington does but I won't be ticketed by Washington as long as I'm sporting Idaho plates.

They (EveryTown) fail to point out (on purpose) that incidents involving firearms in their lowest common denominator States (like Washington) show little negative disparity when compared to the most restrictive States. Still, this would fall under the interstate commerce clause as modernly understood, like drivers licenses, as residents of one state should not be treated as residents of another state based on travelling or other temporary situation. Truly overstepping or bypassing State's rights would be mandating federal ID cards or federally regulated carry permits (which the courts have affirmed are the strict purview of the States).

I'm not in favor of a federal ID card/CCW permit.

I'm okay with a "shall issue" permit from my state if that allows me to carry in the other 49, but I should be able to exercise my 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms in all states.

A constitutional right should not not end when I leave my state. None of our other rights are limited to the degree the 2nd Amendment is when leaving your state of residence.

Here's the summation of a lengthy article about a national reciprocity law by someone at the "EveryTown" website.

"Conclusion

Congressionally-imposed automatic reciprocity would intrude on states' most basic authority to determine which criminals, stalkers, and domestic abusers are too dangerous to carry hidden handguns in public. Federally mandated reciprocity would lower the bar for concealed carry, nationwide, to the level of states with the least rigorous standards — allowing states with the weakest permitting requirements and most ineffective, error-prone permitting systems to decide who can carry nationwide. This misguided federal proposal would enable dangerous criminals to legally carry hidden guns in states where they would otherwise be prohibited from possessing firearms at all.

Congress must respect core federalism principles, honor the states' exercise of their police power as they deem necessary, and reject calls to federalize questions of public safety that have always been resolved by the states. Throughout American history, states have carefully built their own public safety laws and today's bedrock state gun laws have been constructed over many decades. Congress should turn aside attempts to eviscerate states' rights and undercut their efforts to prevent gun violence."​

I find their support of "states rights" interesting, but not surprising, because the Left decries such an argument when used against one of their favored topics, some/many of which are not a constitutional right. The Left regularly and aggresively advocates for more federal control, authority, and regulation that usurps state control. But not in this case.

Their defense of a patchwork, decentralized approach to a lawful citizen's constitutional right to exercise a civil liberty which is enumerated in the U.S. Constitution is, of course, at odds with the Left's insistence that other "rights" they support must be accepted, without restriction, by every state via a federal mandate.

And, of course, they cite no sources for their data and fall back on the tired reasoning that "if there is a law, criminals will obey it". They also, through their case examples (which have no sources cited), document the ineptitude of state government's ability to determine who is or is not eligible for a permit. Finally, but again not surprising, they completely ignore the fact that CCW holders are more law abiding that even police officers.

If person A gets to do, say, or be something that is not a constitutional right and it must be accepted in every state, then my constitutional right to "keep and bear arms" via a concealed carry permit should be accepted in every state.

My right was first confirmed in the U.S. Constitution, and then later in the Oregon Constitution, not the other way around.

I don't have a sense for the passage of such a bill, but I favor some legal means to have my right accepted anywhere in the US.

The left's support of "states rights" is conditional as in, if it suites them at the time.

If it is employed concerning something they do not like such as the 2A, they will become rabbidly against it instantly.

It is called "hypocrisy" a specialty of all left wing-nuts and demoncrats everywhere.

~

IMO, the right way to do Nationwide Carry is citing the combination of Second Amendment and Full Faith & Credit Clause--if Texas has to honor a San Fransh*tto "gay marriage," SFO should have to similarly honor the Acts & Proceedings of a Texas CHL.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top