JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got my self caught up in the "Compromise" ideas a while back, and honestly I was ok with it, until it hit me square in the center of the forehead, There is no compromise possible, we have nothing to offer them, nor should we, they serve US, PERIOD, not the other way round, and it is for us to define what it is WE THE PEOPLE want and demand it of them! NO COMPROMISE!

I am writing this in the tone I would take as if we were face to face enjoying a beer or martini, or something. That's how I intend all of my writings to be. My hope is that people don't think I'm typing out anything in anger. Honestly, I wish all of you were my neighbors, you too Martini_Up. It would be one heck of a neighborhood!

Now onto it ....
Well, it's taken awhile to get to this point where maybe we can get it done. But it has been because people have worked within the system. Even the founders had to make certain compromises until they could take it no more. That involved a revolution involving a war. Ours has been a revolution involving sheer numbers of people who vote, who join supporting organizations, who support the firearms industry. Not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do outside of work hard within our imperfect, messed up system.

Am I supposed to not get a concealed carry license? Am I supposed to not get a marriage license? Am I supposed to stop paying some or all of the taxes I feel are unlawful? Am I supposed to go to prison and not be able to do anything? Am I supposed to lead an armed revolution?

Unfortunately, there are the way things should be .......... the way we would like things ........ and the way things are. Like it or not, life is full of compromises and we have to decide how to deal with each one.

But, it is within the powers of the Ext, office to write bills and ext orders to get the ball rolling on potential laws! Further more, the Power of Ext order is the executive branches means to force compliance with existing law! So in this case, POTUS can write a ext, order to direct all agencies to UPHOLD Constitutional law, AND can order congress to take up hearings in support of that! This brings the Chief Justice in on the Presidents wishes and helps him write bills to take to Congress as well as open the door to a SCOTUS ruling with out having to cherry pick a case first!

A much better solution would be to somehow, just implement federal level "constitutional carry" for "arms", since that is what the Second Amendment mandates.

Yes, I know, easier said than done, but I don't think national recognition of reciprocity is any more feasible.

But, it is within the powers of the Ext, office to write bills and ext orders to get the ball rolling on potential laws! Further more, the Power of Ext order is the executive branches means to force compliance with existing law! So in this case, POTUS can write a ext, order to direct all agencies to UPHOLD Constitutional law, AND can order congress to take up hearings in support of that! This brings the Chief Justice in on the Presidents wishes and helps him write bills to take to Congress as well as open the door to a SCOTUS ruling with out having to cherry pick a case first!

The POTUS can recommend and suggest bills, but has no more legal power than anybody else to introduce a legislative bill.

As for executive orders, they are only meant to implement laws already on the books, are subject to judicial review, and cannot force Congress to introduce or pass any legislation.

It is called "separation of powers" for a reason and it is a very good idea.

SO the real trick now is getting Trump to act in the best interests of We the People! How he accomplishes that I do not know, But, Taking a page from the Obummer play book ( and that of several past POTUS's) he could do an executive order MANDATING Constitutional law ( as the Constitution IS law, all ready on the "books" as it were) Citing any One State that has it in place ( Idaho?) and use that as the bases of law he wishes to enforce (uphold) on that bases alone! This forces judicial review, and brings the SCOTUS in on proceedings as congress can request affirmation or rejection of constitutionality of said law(s) Again, The POTUS cannot Make law, but he can order it Upheld! ( Notice I say Uphold, instead of enforce) as Constitutional law needs to be Upheld before it can be enforced!

SO the real trick now is getting Trump to act in the best interests of We the People! How he accomplishes that I do not know, But, Taking a page from the Obummer play book ( and that of several past POTUS's) he could do an executive order MANDATING Constitutional law ( as the Constitution IS law, all ready on the "books" as it were) Citing any One State that has it in place ( Idaho?) and use that as the bases of law he wishes to enforce (uphold) on that bases alone! This forces judicial review, and brings the SCOTUS in on proceedings as congress can request affirmation or rejection of constitutionality of said law(s) Again, The POTUS cannot Make law, but he can order it Upheld! ( Notice I say Uphold, instead of enforce) as Constitutional law needs to be Upheld before it can be enforced!

That's a pretty darn good point.

coming in late from the back row... we should not hve to have government permission slips to be able to carry our guns concealed or not.

Considering he expressed support for "stop and frisk" (what 4A?), I kind of have a hard time believing he would support constitutional carry. The two seem incompatible to one another.

Considering he expressed support for "stop and frisk" (what 4A?), I kind of have a hard time believing he would support constitutional carry. The two seem incompatible to one another.

He is all over the map.

You can't trust him - he is not working from any personally held beliefs, but rather whatever he things would get him elected. Now that he is in power, he will use it however he feels like using it.

presidential-candidates-i-trust-meme.jpg

What is the best way to get Donald Trump to implement federal concealed carry? Or do an executive order MANDATING Constitutional law?

Here is an Idea, first convince Donald Trump JR. Check this out below, after you see it, you might agree that convincing Donald Trump JR first would be the way to go. I think he might have a very good chance of convincing President Trump if we got him on our side.

I present the info and video below to show he is already a gun enthusiast. Some or most of you might have already seen this.

Article link >>: Video: Donald Trump Jr. At SilencerCo
----------------------
Video >>:

You all gotta stop blaming Seattle for the passage of that law. Nearly EVERY COUNTY in the state voted to approve it. Liberals aren't the only ones who need to study the constitution, it seems.
View attachment 322492

It's true, however it's also true that the majority of people didn't read the actual law as written in the back of the voters pamphlet. My own 25 year old son, gun enthusiast, head screwed on straight voter was in favor of the law until I had him read the fine print in the law. The statements for and against are all most folks bother to look at.

I still say leave the Feds' hands off any carry permit.
Just cause trump does something doesn't mean in 4-8 years it's all screwed up.
Leave like it is. The feds will mess this up somehow

Heard on the radio this morning that one of Trumps ideas on promoting/protecting the Second Ammendment will be to make concealed carry legal on a national level. No more needing different licenses for different states. What a beautiful thing.

Is there any way he can pull it off?

I dunno, but the downside is if things move to a "national standard" then when the pendulum swings the Dems can try to force New York standards on everyone. :(

There is no national standard for drivers licenses. Each state has its own rules on how to get them, but they are recognized by all of the other states. CHLs should have the same reciprocity.

You are correct, I believe, it is reciprocity that is being considered rather than standardization. Though once the feds get involved anything can happen. Should it come to pass look for Mikey B. and his ilk to spontaneously combust.

i think no license should be needed to have permission from the government to carry a handgun concealed or not. i do believe it is the responsibility of the gun owner to take classes and or practice proper gun safety.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top