JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
having fun on the range with his new Glock or two -

Here in UK, with over 30,000 dead so far and counting, everywhere locked down and with empty streets, you may well be aggrieved that I'm not totally pleased to read that your LGSs are open, and folks are still having fun on their ranges.

Here, only essential stores are open, including food stores, tire depots and pharmacies, but that's about it. We heard today that 'facilities' like venues where people might just congregate, for example, ANY range, are likely to be closed until at least the end of July, maybe into August or September. There are no public transport buses around here, and the police have emergency powers of arrest and forced return-to-home policies in place, in case you are caught out, like a pair of klutzes last weekend, driving 200 miles to their favourite fish and chip shop on the other side of the country.

It is remarkably less than fun, living here, and most of the rest of Europe, TBH, so when I say that I'm truly all busted up inside to read about the problems you seem to have buying a new gun or three, and then having to wait a couple of hours for it to process, you can take it to the bank that I'm not exactly telling you the truth.

It is remarkably less than fun, living here, and most of the rest of Europe, TBH, so when I say that I'm truly all busted up inside to read about the problems you seem to have buying a new gun or three, and then having to wait a couple of hours for it to process, you can take it to the bank that I'm not exactly telling you the truth.
Buuutttt, I doubt his focus will expand from beyond the end of his nose....

@tac ,

Will they ease your requirement to use your weapons on a regular basis? Or, at least suspend that requirement until your general lockdown is lifted?

For those not familiar, in order to have a license in the UK, one of the requirements is a legitimate need to have a firearm, and some of those reasons might be:
" In general, applicants should be able to demonstrate that they 'use' their firearm on a regular, legitimate basis for work, sport or leisure (including collections or research). "

TBH, Rich, that aspect of ownership has never bothered me, nor anybody else I know in our 450-strong gun club, in spite of the fact that we have members from at least TEN different counties, with each county responsible for the issue of the Firearms Certificate [ARTA the FAC]. I DO usually go shooting around three times a week, so I, for one, wouldn't find difficulty in complying with the requirement. It seems that 'regular use' might be construed as little as once a year, who can tell? The PTB make this stuff up as they think necessary.

Last Edited:
having fun on the range with his new Glock or two -

Here in UK, with over 30,000 dead so far and counting, everywhere locked down and with empty streets, you may well be aggrieved that I'm not totally pleased to read that your LGSs are open, and folks are still having fun on their ranges.

Here, only essential stores are open, including food stores, tire depots and pharmacies, but that's about it. We heard today that 'facilities' like venues where people might just congregate, for example, ANY range, are likely to be closed until at least the end of July, maybe into August or September. There are no public transport buses around here, and the police have emergency powers of arrest and forced return-to-home policies in place, in case you are caught out, like a pair of klutzes last weekend, driving 200 miles to their favourite fish and chip shop on the other side of the country.

Two guys driving in what is essentially a sealed container were out spreading COVID eh? :rolleyes: Maybe people wouldn't go to the range if they could use public land but oh that's a problem too? How much would you like to bet that more COVID has been spread at "essential" stores than just about anywhere else? I wouldn't be able to make good on that bet unless they started releasing data to prove my point which I'd also place a bet against.

Two guys driving in what is essentially a sealed container were out spreading COVID eh? :rolleyes: Maybe people wouldn't go to the range if they could use public land but oh that's a problem too? How much would you like to bet that more COVID has been spread at "essential" stores than just about anywhere else? I wouldn't be able to make good on that bet unless they started releasing data to prove my point which I'd also place a bet against.
Google and Apple have generously offered to track that data, in real-time.

Ah, I neglected to mention that they were each riding a motorcycle..................

There is NO public land in UK. Thought everybody knew that, me.

So you're saying I can see exactly WHERE somebody contracted COVID19 ....and where they did not? I mean I understand contact tracing has its advantages but to say without a doubt that it was transmitted either here or there seems assumptive.

Ah, I neglected to mention that they were each riding a motorcycle..................

There is NO public land in UK. Thought everybody knew that, me.
I'm just saying that we have to consider that not everyone leaving their home is crowding around in a small space. Oddly I went to pick up an item at Target the other day, an "essential store." As I was sitting in my vehicle waiting for my item, I noticed a line of people stacked at the front door. Maybe it was my angle but everyone appeared to be much closer than 6 feet together. You can't shut down small businesses and then be okay with letting the virus run it's course where it is "essential." The government telling us what's essential is a very UK thing.

The government telling us what's essential is a very UK thing.

As well as Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Greece, Spain. Portugal, Denmark. The Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, you mean?

Right, it's them Perfidious Albions at it again.............................. :rolleyes:

Here we CAN go shopping for essentials, but people generally stay at least six feet apart. See, this here is only a little country, and most of us are appalled by the horrendous death toll so far, now exceeding that of Italy by a comfortable margin. Almost 700 died today here. People are getting a mite fractious about keeping their distance, if they have any sense. Last week a guy was jailed for 16 months for spitting at police officer while she arrested him for spitting on a bunch of other people...

As well as Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Greece, Spain. Portugal, Denmark. The Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, you mean?

Right, it's them Perfidious Albions at it again.............................. :rolleyes:

Here we CAN go shopping for essentials, but people generally stay at least six feet apart. See, this here is only a little country, and most of us are appalled by the horrendous death toll so far, now exceeding that of Italy by a comfortable margin. Almost 700 died today here. People are getting a mite fractious about keeping their distance, if they have any sense. Last week a guy was jailed for 16 months for spitting at police officer while she arrested him for spitting on a bunch of other people...
And when you look at the death toll in the US, you can clearly see that New York takes the lead far and away and by what measures were they able to ascend to that number? If we want to break down the densely packed metropolitan areas against the rural countrysides, you'll probably find that NYC takes the lead across the nation. My takeaway is that humanity doesn't thrive in densely packed metropolitan areas and that telling a guy who lives in a sparsely populated area that he cannot go out into the sticks for a minute to catch some fresh air or to go to the local, small hardware store to grab something he needs to work inside his home is counter intuitive. But I know nothing because I'm not an epidemiologist, so I'll just be relegated to my inferior rank of peasantry over here. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1588702455965.png

1588702712627.png

My small feeble neanderthalic mind can barely comprehend what's happening here, let alone across the pond.

I, too, live in a rural community, but have to go into the nearby town to take our daughter for a push in her wheelchair. :cool:

You living in the PNW are talking about a big city two and a half THOUSAND miles away. That same distance where WE live would take you into Eastern Turky, or the top end of Finland. London, with a population of around 13 million, is just sixty miles down the highway from me.

I don't believe I ever mention anybody mentioned anybody being a peasant, did I? I'll have to read my posts again...

I, too, live in a rural community, but have to go into the nearby town to take our daughter for a push in her wheelchair. :cool:

I don't believe I ever mention anybody mentioned anybody being a peasant, did I? I'll have to read my posts again...
That's not a jab at you per se but believe me, I've received the response. I had a guy tell me that because I was not an epidemiologist, I couldn't understand the concept of an airborne contagion even though I do have a BS in General Science and have taken class segments in Virology. No I am absolutely not an epidemiologist but I also understand that some scientific perspectives are being hushed and that some widely accepted practices are producing failing results (intubation/ventilation). I guess it is what it is... and it's a sad conclusion.

And when you look at the death toll in the US, you can clearly see that New York takes the lead far and away and by what measures were they able to ascend to that number? If we want to break down the densely packed metropolitan areas against the rural countrysides, you'll probably find that NYC takes the lead across the nation. My takeaway is that humanity doesn't thrive in densely packed metropolitan areas and that telling a guy who lives in a sparsely populated area that he cannot go out into the sticks for a minute to catch some fresh air or to go to the local, small hardware store to grab something he needs to work inside his home is counter intuitive. But I know nothing because I'm not an epidemiologist, so I'll just be relegated to my inferior rank of peasantry over here. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

View attachment 693320

View attachment 693321
And our individual situations are being managed as if we all lived in New York City or San Francisco. That's par for the course for NYC, whose attention to it's own navel and belief that nothing exists west of the Hudson River is legendary. Indeed, here in Oregon our feckless governess has officially surrendered the COVID-19 management of the state to the governors of CA and WA. We have a total of ~4 million souls in Oregon, where outside of the City of Portland the number of human beings per square mile is probably less than 1.0. But as in all other things, Portland, and now SF/NYC, has dictated our COVID-19 response as well.

And our individual situations are being managed as if we all lived in New York City or San Francisco. That's par for the course for NYC, whose attention to it's own navel and belief that nothing exists west of the Hudson River is legendary. Indeed, here in Oregon our feckless governess has officially surrendered the COVID-19 management of the state to the governors of CA and WA. We have a total of ~4 million souls in Oregon, where outside of the City of Portland the number of human beings per square mile is probably less than 1.0. But as in all other things, Portland, and now SF/NYC, has dictated our COVID-19 response as well.
In the metropolis, progress is achieved by stacking more and more people on top of each other within a smaller and smaller area. COVID19 doesn't care about their idea of progress as we've come to witness. I would have thought science would have brought them to that conclusion the same way it should have brought them to the conclusion that big cities aren't conducive to pollution reduction. Sure... blame the farmer and the logger.

Lol, seen many a thread like that or similar.
Buncha biddies and take off that mask while driving 70mph down the road while you're at it, ya tard

I don't whether to respond to that with a "Love it", "Haha", "Wow" or a "Sad"...
Each emoji has its own applicability to that statement...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top