JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting (to me) idea. What if it wasn't a mistake? What if a missle was inbound and our missle defense system took it out?
If we wanted to avoid going to war immediately, this is a perfect cover story.

Seems pretty far fetched.... Many other countries would know, I doubt many of them could be shut up by the US completely in time to make it "not happen"

I quit doing that a long time ago. After talking about it to a couple people and a comment "We know where we are going!"

Since I have moved and very few know. I would say two - four people who I trust and are members on this forum.

Was talking to a neighbor about ARs, when I commented about some ammo I got that is rare. He said he knew where he was coming if SHTF. I probably would not turn him away - he is ex-army and a hard worker, but also no real reason for him to come to my house.

When I retire I am moving further out, having the land be owned by a trust that is not directly linked to my name and telling no one except my kids where it is.

I would hope that with all of the billions of dollars spent on missile defense, the naval bases and ships stationed there could intercept a missile or two.

I agree JB. One would certainly think/hope we would have personnel, systems and redundant sub-systems in place that would detect, neutralize and counter-attack in the event of any (accurately identified) imminent threat. But sadly, I am not so sure.

Glancing at world events, we see courts martial and scapegoating for military ineptitude, largely, IMHO, due to intentional underfunding and sorely truncated training/resources. And then coddling of treasonous deserters who can't simply fulfill a voluntary 3-4 year enlistment contract or quietly use the bathrooms designed to accommodate their original factory plumbing.

Coming from a background in naval aviation, navigation and tactical ops/planning for 20 years (last century), I see one insurmountable root cause:

The Post-American Obama Administration actively did everything it its power (and beyond) to de-emphasize, de-fund, undermine and ultimately destroy our military readiness. And succeeded.

Meanwhile... Kardashians, Weinsteins and Nintendo get top billing over this disgraceful Hawaiian debacle in both brands of the "news."

Last Edited:
Was talking to a neighbor about ARs, when I commented about some ammo I got that is rare. He said he knew where he was coming if SHTF. I probably would not turn him away - he is ex-army and a hard worker, but also no real reason for him to come to my house.

When I retire I am moving further out, having the land be owned by a trust that is not directly linked to my name and telling no one except my kids where it is.

I have a few neighbors that I would let in but I am pretty sure that they have there own. I have considered talking to them and discussing these things so that we have a plan as a group rather than individually. I figure if you have four or five families that are prepared then you are stronger as a group.

My concern is that they aren't as prepared as they think they are!

I agree JB. One would certainly think/hope we would have personnel, systems and redundant sub-systems in place that would detect, neutralize and counter-attack in the event of any (accurately identified) imminent threat. But sadly, I am not so sure.

Glancing at world events, we see courts martial and scapegoating for military ineptitude, largely, IMHO, due to intentional underfunding and sorely truncated training/resources. And then coddling of treasonous deserters who can't simply fulfill a voluntary 3-4 year enlistment contract or quietly use the bathrooms designed to accommodate their original factory plumbing.

Coming from a background in naval aviation, navigation and tactical ops/planning for 20 years (last century), I see one insurmountable root cause:

The Post-American Obama Administration actively did everything it its power (and beyond) to de-emphasize, de-fund, undermine and ultimately destroy our military readiness. And succeeded.

Meanwhile... Kardashians, Weinsteins and Nintendo get top billing over this disgraceful Hawaiian debacle in both brands of the "news."
:Thunderous Applause:

I'm glad there's a few of us out here that get it.
"Oh look! Trump used a bad word!"

I am going to work with every friend I have to stay alive. At my old age it's going to take teamwork to live. If I don't make it because I helped my friends then I am good with that.:)

It looks like the muppet that created the false alarm is not cooperating with authorities, but still works there, albeit no longer having access to the warning system: <broken link removed>

He's probably not cooperating because it wasn't an "accident", but may have been an "intentional". It may be/has been determined he did it as a "no nukes" or "Never Trump" protest.
Either way .... We'll never know.

Diamonback
So are most of the snowflakes!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sheldon
Most Snowflakes at least have some self-preservative instinct, though... the logic may be gone, but they generally don't have the balls to seriously offer to give their lives for a cause.

I know, this is MY generation we're talking about... what's scary is the oldest of us have already reached the age for Presidential eligibility.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top