JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting (to me) idea. What if it wasn't a mistake? What if a missle was inbound and our missle defense system took it out?
If we wanted to avoid going to war immediately, this is a perfect cover story.

Seems pretty far fetched.... Many other countries would know, I doubt many of them could be shut up by the US completely in time to make it "not happen"

I quit doing that a long time ago. After talking about it to a couple people and a comment "We know where we are going!"

Since I have moved and very few know. I would say two - four people who I trust and are members on this forum.

Was talking to a neighbor about ARs, when I commented about some ammo I got that is rare. He said he knew where he was coming if SHTF. I probably would not turn him away - he is ex-army and a hard worker, but also no real reason for him to come to my house.

When I retire I am moving further out, having the land be owned by a trust that is not directly linked to my name and telling no one except my kids where it is.

I would hope that with all of the billions of dollars spent on missile defense, the naval bases and ships stationed there could intercept a missile or two.

I agree JB. One would certainly think/hope we would have personnel, systems and redundant sub-systems in place that would detect, neutralize and counter-attack in the event of any (accurately identified) imminent threat. But sadly, I am not so sure.

Glancing at world events, we see courts martial and scapegoating for military ineptitude, largely, IMHO, due to intentional underfunding and sorely truncated training/resources. And then coddling of treasonous deserters who can't simply fulfill a voluntary 3-4 year enlistment contract or quietly use the bathrooms designed to accommodate their original factory plumbing.

Coming from a background in naval aviation, navigation and tactical ops/planning for 20 years (last century), I see one insurmountable root cause:

The Post-American Obama Administration actively did everything it its power (and beyond) to de-emphasize, de-fund, undermine and ultimately destroy our military readiness. And succeeded.

Meanwhile... Kardashians, Weinsteins and Nintendo get top billing over this disgraceful Hawaiian debacle in both brands of the "news."

Last Edited:
Was talking to a neighbor about ARs, when I commented about some ammo I got that is rare. He said he knew where he was coming if SHTF. I probably would not turn him away - he is ex-army and a hard worker, but also no real reason for him to come to my house.

When I retire I am moving further out, having the land be owned by a trust that is not directly linked to my name and telling no one except my kids where it is.

I have a few neighbors that I would let in but I am pretty sure that they have there own. I have considered talking to them and discussing these things so that we have a plan as a group rather than individually. I figure if you have four or five families that are prepared then you are stronger as a group.

My concern is that they aren't as prepared as they think they are!

I agree JB. One would certainly think/hope we would have personnel, systems and redundant sub-systems in place that would detect, neutralize and counter-attack in the event of any (accurately identified) imminent threat. But sadly, I am not so sure.

Glancing at world events, we see courts martial and scapegoating for military ineptitude, largely, IMHO, due to intentional underfunding and sorely truncated training/resources. And then coddling of treasonous deserters who can't simply fulfill a voluntary 3-4 year enlistment contract or quietly use the bathrooms designed to accommodate their original factory plumbing.

Coming from a background in naval aviation, navigation and tactical ops/planning for 20 years (last century), I see one insurmountable root cause:

The Post-American Obama Administration actively did everything it its power (and beyond) to de-emphasize, de-fund, undermine and ultimately destroy our military readiness. And succeeded.

Meanwhile... Kardashians, Weinsteins and Nintendo get top billing over this disgraceful Hawaiian debacle in both brands of the "news."
:Thunderous Applause:

I'm glad there's a few of us out here that get it.
"Oh look! Trump used a bad word!"

I am going to work with every friend I have to stay alive. At my old age it's going to take teamwork to live. If I don't make it because I helped my friends then I am good with that.:)

It looks like the muppet that created the false alarm is not cooperating with authorities, but still works there, albeit no longer having access to the warning system: <broken link removed>

He's probably not cooperating because it wasn't an "accident", but may have been an "intentional". It may be/has been determined he did it as a "no nukes" or "Never Trump" protest.
Either way .... We'll never know.

Diamonback
So are most of the snowflakes!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sheldon
Most Snowflakes at least have some self-preservative instinct, though... the logic may be gone, but they generally don't have the balls to seriously offer to give their lives for a cause.

I know, this is MY generation we're talking about... what's scary is the oldest of us have already reached the age for Presidential eligibility.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top