JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a dumb question.

When the alert was first sent, and before they realized it was a false alarm, why wasn't this message also sent or forwarded stateside or elsewhere? I have family in Hawaii, and fortunately we did not hear from them. If we had, and we got on the phone for further verification, I cannot imagine a lot of other folks wouldn't have been on the phone too. Could that not have caused a worldwide panic?

I've got a dumb question.

When the alert was first sent, and before they realized it was a false alarm, why wasn't this message also sent or forwarded stateside or elsewhere? I have family in Hawaii, and fortunately we did not hear from them. If we had, and we got on the phone for further verification, I cannot imagine a lot of other folks wouldn't have been on the phone too. Could that not have caused a worldwide panic?

I dont know if any alerts are set up to go to the mainland but this was only one of several alert systems. I usually get text messages and emails about local alerts (flash floods) and we have a air siren too. Nothing else went off which made it pretty suspect after a few minutes.

You can sign up to receive alerts based on which island your family is on
hawaii.gov | Alerts

It did cause some panic. There are videos of people putting their kids down storm drains because they did not know what to do in the 40 minutes it took to correct the alert.

Some of you guys wont' see the humor in this and may be offended. Don't click if you need a safe space in your world.:D

https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead/comments/787itl/negans_own_bubblegumting_pants/

I would hope that with all of the billions of dollars spent on missile defense, the naval bases and ships stationed there could intercept a missile or two.

That is an interesting point. I first learned of the alert was on NWFA, followed by the news.

NWFA is also where I heard it first. Turned on the TV and by then, every channel was covered with the false alarm.

You'd think, if nothing else, the twits and facebook posts would have circled the globe before the retraction was issued.

Last Edited:
How in the world could such a cluster fooook happen? One would ASSUME, (dangerous word indeed!) that there were safe guards placed upon safe guards combined with common sense and a considered lower limit of high intelligence?

In an alternate SANE reality filled with good men with a high sense of morality ethics and HONOR, one pistol with one bullet would be the ONLY WAY to atone for such a horrible ACCIDENT. If it was such. Honor would be upheld. BANG! :(

Rumor is that the kid who is manning the button no longer can bring his bong to work. ;)Sounds like a great idea to me, but Hawaii folks might let him know that he can't be noshing on Pot Brownies while at work either.

That should fix it.

26071435_1758843727758193_5570541641967599616_n.jpg

Just got this

View attachment 420742

and ....... It was sent out by mistake

Always be ready to go though

Maybe I am focusing my attention on the wrong thing, but, how in the heck do you seek shelter from a nuclear bomb?
Especially when you are on an island? It seems to me the wording in this message is kind of like the old training movies from the 50's that showed school children hiding under their desks.:eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top