Simply Triggers
Low Price Guns
Oregon Rifleworks
HighLine Firearms
Southwest Firearms

TTSX

Reactions
That's mighty woke of them.

Over the years Costco has made it very difficult to source Prime grade beef for other grocers and even restaurants (unless you're willing to buy from them of course) by purchasing of all the prime they can find .
Since Costco's customers are also members, I guess this door doesn't always swing both ways.
Yes , my family has purchased Costco memberships without interruption for 25+ years.
Explain what's woke about them selling as much or as little of their property in a single transaction as they like?

Longwalkhome

Reactions
I remember a fairly recent trip to Costco and needed to buy mustard and ketchup. Looked everywhere and there was none. Asked the help and he couldn't find any so he went to the office. Office said to tell me mustard and ketchup are now seasonal items and we are not in season.

Of course it was a shortage due to the change in manufacturing when restaurants shut down. :confused: :s0093:

Knobgoblin

Reactions
I remember a fairly recent trip to Costco and needed to buy mustard and ketchup. Looked everywhere and there was none. Asked the help and he couldn't find any so he went to the office. Office said to tell me mustard and ketchup are now seasonal items and we are not in season.

Of course it was a shortage due to the change in manufacturing when restaurants shut down. :confused: :s0093:
Vinegar has been in short supply for well over a year.
Pickles are also shipping at %50 or less availability.
Local bbq sauce entrepreneur hasn't had enough raw material for his modest production since last spring

TTSX

Reactions
Because it's, whether by design or ignorance, conditioning the sheeple to accept limits of their own purchasing power
I don't think woke is the correct phrase, nor do I think costco is limiting anyone's purchasing power. A dollar is still worth a dollar at costco and it's not like you can't eat other foods. Or raise your own. Or hunt.

Longwalkhome

Reactions
That's mighty woke of them.

Over the years Costco has made it very difficult to source Prime grade beef for other grocers and even restaurants (unless you're willing to buy from them of course) by purchasing of all the prime they can find .
Since Costco's customers are also members, I guess this door doesn't always swing both ways.
Yes , my family has purchased Costco memberships without interruption for 25+ years.
I have heard that big companies often corner a product they want to offer for sale. Some years ago I was told McDonald's buys all the big size potatoes so they can sell loomster fries and they have special onions grown just for them too.

Knobgoblin

Reactions
I don't think woke is the correct phrase, nor do I think costco is limiting anyone's purchasing power. A dollar is still worth a dollar at costco and it's not like you can't eat other foods. Or raise your own. Or hunt.

Do you consider yourself a part owner of Costco, by paying membership fees?

Knobgoblin

Reactions
No. I consider myself a member. I don't pay ownership fees, I may membership fees
That's good.

I will clear the air and simply say that I never limit my customers to any quantity of the products I have in my control. Of course I will qualify this statement with the fact that I am nobody, and with my attitude will never be in a position to enact policy at a scale that would make a difference.

Reactions
One time at costco as a floor guy, I5 was snowed over and some fellows in suits came from fred meyer to buy all the pallets of milk that they could, so their customers wouldnt go elsewhere.

Longwalkhome

Reactions
I was thinking if there was some sort of order to the crash that is giving us shortages. Normally my mind is a steel trap but unfortunately its rusted shut with age. :confused:

Seems the shortages started with guns and ammo over the panic of the election.

Then if I have this right, covid kicked in and TP was the next to run short.

Beef next as covid hit meat packaging companies.

Then it was closing businesses to create what?

Its a perfect storm with JIT and covid as the tools but to what end?

Things run short and prices go up then things come back...just in time?

DSG Arms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Cerberus Training Group
Project Appleseed
Sporting Systems
NW Custom Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads