JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DTi6sBCVwAAPiv5.jpg

I learned that it took 40 minutes to issue the false alarm notification because they had to ask FEMA's permission first. o_O

Confidence in government is all-time high right now.

Air siren? Who's going to bomb Hawaii?

Can't tell if you're serious, but Hawaii is probably near the top of North Korea's target list. It's closer than the 48, and it happens to be the headquarters of the US Navy Pacific Fleet.

I hate the blame game, just fess up, "sorry, we f'd up big time, here's what we're doing to prevent it from happening again."

Can't tell if you're serious, but Hawaii is probably near the top of North Korea's target list. It's closer than the 48, and it happens to be the headquarters of the US Navy Pacific Fleet.

I hate the blame game, just fess up, "sorry, we f'd up big time, here's what we're doing to prevent it from happening again."
I was joking about Pearl Harbor. Sorry.

Funny stories from my coworker's today. One has a son who is heavy into firearms. When the alarm came through he loaded up his car with every firearm he owned and all his ammo and said he was going to rescue his girlfriend who was an hour drive away. (he is a young guy so you can guess his priorities)

They even considered driving to my place to hunker down with me because "he is prepared and has all that food and water, let's go to his house!"

They also put the mattress on the kitchen table to hide underneath it "from the fallout"

Funny stuff after the fact and we can laugh about it today. But I gave them the information (again) on where to buy the freeze dried food and water storage barrels. We talked about hurricane preparedness a few months ago.

I also should quit telling friends I have 3 months of food stores and water at my place :D

I also should quit telling friends I have 3 months of food stores and water at my place :D

I quit doing that a long time ago. After talking about it to a couple people and a comment "We know where we are going!"

Since I have moved and very few know. I would say two - four people who I trust and are members on this forum.

I quit doing that a long time ago. After talking about it to a couple people and a comment "We know where we are going!"

Since I have moved and very few know. I would say two - four people who I trust and are members on this forum.

They are a family of samoa-sized Hawaiians. I'd be out of food in in 3 days :)

But they would also be able to help me hunt pigs and build imu's for kalua pork. If I've dying from radiation sickness, It would be nice to go out with some good kalua pork.

I was joking about Pearl Harbor. Sorry.
Your sense of humor is far too dry for the internet. I had a good laugh, but I also thought that many wouldn't quite get it. Nothing against them, but it was just a bit oblique. More please.

Maybe I am focusing my attention on the wrong thing, but, how in the heck do you seek shelter from a nuclear bomb?
Especially when you are on an island? It seems to me the wording in this message is kind of like the old training movies from the 50's that showed school children hiding under their desks.:eek:

Considering that North Korea has bombs the strength of what we had in 1945 (10 to 30kilotons) and an inaccurate delivery system, duck and cover inside followed by shelter in place for a day may be adequate to survive the a non-direct hit and the resulting fallout.

If the fat boy was going to bomb Hawaii odds are since Hawaii is a military base it would be hit with several nukes. The shipyards and the airport are prime targets just like before. Not many would live through such an attack even with warning and under cover.o_O

It seems the human mind has a picture of one bomb hitting its' target like Hiroshima or Nagasaki but I would bet any target out there will get at least 3 nukes, just to be sure.:confused:

If the missiles even take off and reach Hawaii without breaking up first.

View attachment 421455
Im not too much into conspiracy but I think a false flag nuke of Hawaii to start a war would be more likely than the NK actually nuking us. No way that fat kid running NK would want to be without food in a bunker while the surface of his country glowed for the next million years.

Interesting (to me) idea. What if it wasn't a mistake? What if a missle was inbound and our missle defense system took it out?
If we wanted to avoid going to war immediately, this is a perfect cover story.

Oops...

Sorry.
So really funny here at work.

I needed some configuration help with some enterprise software so I went into our bug tracker and opened a support ticket. It was important so I marked it so. It was one time so I marked that too, not recurring. Hit the create button.

All around me phones start to ring, my own included, as a critical alert that Goosebrown needed help urgently from everyone available.

So in my false alarm message I said at least I didn't tell you there was an incoming Nork ICBM.

People here read enough news to laugh.

I sort of needed that...

NWFA is also where I heard it first. Turned on the TV and by then, every channel was covered with the false alarm.

You'd think, if nothing else, the twits and facebook posts would have circled the globe before the retraction was issued.

They did on Twitter. I was on Twitter when it happened, and some folks had Tweeted about it right when it happened. I saw numerous messages about "is this real" or "Hey, I just got this alert!". It spread very quickly after that, I think even before the MSM picked up on it. In the social media era, it's pretty hard not to have this stuff go global pretty quickly. I checked in not long after and NWFA was already talking about it too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top