JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
T H E S E folks A R E your preparedness minded neighbors!

Having read thru quite a bit of the printed media (CONUS & OCONUS) regarding "ferguson" Missouri, I am struck by one pivotal, to my ears, at least, unsaid.

A few years ago, there was a lot of angst about the Oath Keepers "...Citizen Protection Team..." concept, however, when the call went out, thousands of heavily armed Oath Keepers took up the call. This is not "Occupy Wall Street" mall ninja's this is America's Veterans and concerned citizens doing what the elites, our betters, do not have the courage to do. We've sat in more cold/wet/ muggy/OP-LP's than them, humped a heavier ruck longer than them, done more field first aid than them; have done more OCONUS training events than them, the list goes on and on....

Sadly the Ferguson PD website is still off line, but I wonder...how many non Oath Keeper police are on the payroll(?) in any American city, and how many Oath Keepers could respond when needed, when called upon: better prepared; better trained; better supply chain; better INTEL; better "will of the people"; better organized; the list goes on.

My sweetie and I were watching "Divergent" last night, she said to me, "...OK now I get it, die on your knees or fight back...let's go to Clark Rifles tomorrow for some trigger time...".

Time to attend an Oath Keepers local meeting if you haven't already done so

Last Edited:
I'm interested in the Oath keepers' take on the Ferguson events. Came across this: <broken link removed>
I support the peaceful protesters and think that the reactions of the Ferguson PD - immediately after the shooting and onward- had more to do with the unrest than the actual confrontation between Michael Brown and Officer Wilson."When a long train of abuses..," it says, somewhere.
What does the OP think?

Time to attend an Oath Keepers local meeting if you haven't already done so

Only when their stance on local militias changes...

Originally Posted by CTYankee on the Oath Keepers Forum:
I believe what was said on this video and therefore I am convinced that what remains vow on the Bundy ranch are some very dangerous militia members with very little military discipline and less-than-honorable leadership.

After an attempt was made to reach out to the Oath Keepers (via Forum, E-Mail and Phone) I've also gotten an e-mail response from them and have learned that the Oath Keepers do not associate themselves with Militias because of the stereotypes associated with them. The response I had was something like "because most of our members are Law Enforcement or Military we cannot associate ourselves with any militia groups as it may jeopardize the careers of our members".

My thought was to network with the Oath Keepers while forming my own group, but all I've seen is resistance for calling it a "militia".

Because of this (and RCW 38.40.120) I think I'm going to have to go with a "Community Defense Force" or something of that nature...

The text of RCW 38.40.120

No organized body other than the recognized militia organizations of this state, armed forces of the United States, students of educational institutions where military science is a prescribed part of the course of instruction or bona fide veterans organizations shall associate themselves together as a military company or organize or parade in public with firearms: PROVIDED, That nothing herein shall be construed to prevent authorized parades by the organized militia of another state or armed forces of foreign countries. Any person participating in any such unauthorized organization shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

RCW 38.04.030 clearly states that everyone is apart of the militia...

The militia of the state of Washington shall consist of all able bodied citizens of the United States and all other able bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, residing within this state, who shall be more than eighteen years of age, and shall include all persons who are members of the national guard and the state guard, and said militia shall be divided into two classes, the organized militia and the unorganized militia.

WA State Constitution, Article X, Section 2

The legislature shall provide by law for organizing and disciplining the militia in such manner as it may deem expedient, not incompatible with the Constitution and laws of the United States. Officers of the militia shall be elected or appointed in such manner as the legislature shall from time to time direct and shall be commissioned by the governor. The governor shall have power to call forth the militia to execute the laws of the state to suppress insurrections and repel invasions.

So basically you can be in a militia in WA state...as long as all your officers are appointed by the Governor and you do not have an armed assembly of men without the state's approval...

Sorry for the thread Hi-Jack...just frustrated at eveyone putting militias in a box (including the Oath Keepers) as either National/State Guard or a terrorist organization. There seems to be no middle ground.

Thanx Riot. As both a Veteran and an Oath Keeper, I can say (for myself) I believe in what the Oath Keepers stand for, however, I don't believe everything (not much of a fan of Kool-Aid, no matter who is handing it out).

The Oath Keepers home office has to stay at all times in a legally defensible posture. I get that. Until we the People take back the public education system and teach our children what they should understand and need to know about this city on a hill that is America we are subject to the Ministry of Thought and Political Correctness dogma in the public school system and it's many fruits and nuts.

In the '70's people spit on me and called me a baby killer, now days, people tell me to my face "...thanks for your service..." (reminiscent of "sorry for your loss"), and give credence to Communist News Network farce that all Veterans are ticking time bombs because they won't wear what we tell them, think what we tell them, believe what we tell them to like nice little slaves. Today's society what passes for normal, feels like never ending High School click stupidity.

When I was in CONUS, I cut my hair and polished my boots. When I was in northern Afghanistan in the 70's, South Ameria in the 80's, South West Asia in the 90's, I did what I had to do, the mother ship was far away and would not back my play if I deviated from the party line, even to save my skin or my men.

I think the Oath Keepers will end up being alot like that. But I could be wrong, I've been wrong before.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews