JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guns are a hobby and as an enthusiast, I like to try lots of different ones. Being a family man and a working man, I have bought, sold and traded when applicable. I have a few that have sentimental value that will never go, but I don't really regret any one I let go. It was replaced by something else. It's how I was able to get my collection to what I really really like and shoot well.

I've sold a bunch of guns, never regretted any sale except for the first gun I owned, a Ruger Blackhawk in .357. Not that it was anything special (other than the stocks I refinished), just that it was my first gun. Sentimental reasons. But I don't stay awake at night worrying about it!

There are some I like too much to sell. My 1885's, my S&W 629, etc.

My first gun was a Montgomery Ward's .22lr bolt action that eventually broke and I dumped it off at a local gunsmith as it wasn't worth it to me to fix. The first one I paid for with my own money was a Mossberg 12 gauge that started rusting on the mag tube after about a year. Both are so far in the rear view mirror I can't remember what they looked like.

BUT...my first pistol was a Ruger P89 stainless. Built like a tank, saved my bacon a couple of times and was sent back to Ruger at 12,000 for a tune-up. I still sold it and moved on, without regret. Although the random ad for one catches my eye and I can't NOT click on it.

I've had a great time trading & selling guns.

IMG_0309.GIF

My first gun was a Montgomery Ward's .22lr bolt action that eventually broke and I dumped it off at a local gunsmith as it wasn't worth it to me to fix. The first one I paid for with my own money was a Mossberg 12 gauge that started rusting on the mag tube after about a year. Both are so far in the rear view mirror I can't remember what they looked like.

BUT...my first pistol was a Ruger P89 stainless. Built like a tank, saved my bacon a couple of times and was sent back to Ruger at 12,000 for a tune-up. I still sold it and moved on, without regret. Although the random ad for one catches my eye and I can't NOT click on it.

P89 was my first pistol too. Big, heavy, reliable. I've bought and sold P89's 3 times now. Can't seem to stay away from them, but can't seem to hold onto them either.

I recently took a few of my guns to a local shop to consign to get some cash to start a business. I didn't really want to, but I have higher priorities right now. I still have a reasonable stash of firearms.

Guns are a hobby and as an enthusiast, I like to try lots of different ones. Being a family man and a working man, I have bought, sold and traded when applicable. I have a few that have sentimental value that will never go, but I don't really regret any one I let go. It was replaced by something else. It's how I was able to get my collection to what I really really like and shoot well.

I too have bought, sold and traded for various reasons; sometimes suffering seller's remorse, sometimes not. If I truly miss something I've sold then I usually end up getting another. Or planning to anyway.

I have given one gun away, a Phoenix Jam-o-matic, I was going to destroy it, but a friend wanted to test his non-existent gunsmithing skills. I warned him about 87 times and then gave it to him. I think he destroyed it. My only regret is I did not keep it for a gun buy back scheme.

I have sold a few guns over the years. Mostly to put food on the table. I have acquired a few over the years and now find my self in a bit of a dilemma, I'm 79 and suffer from COPD so I don't have a lot of years left. Also find I don't go to the range as much. I don't want the wife to have to deal with selling them. (she will get ripped off)
So I think I'm going to start selling. (If I can make myself do it,)

Last Edited:
Ha! Would never buy one in the first place. The only 'off-brand' pistol I ever bought was a Bersa Thunder in 380. Loved that little pop-gun.

I had one, sold it, and would like to get one again. I'm not much into .380, but for some reason, I just love that little gun.

If you ever owned a Hi-Point pistol, you may reconsider that statement...:rolleyes:

Lots of people talk a bad about hi points, for the price they are AWESOME! Mine shoots well and has a lifetime warranty. For $150 you betcha, and I'd do it again!

image.jpeg

And once she gets warmed up
image.jpeg

Best part about owning a hi point is after people snicker at it I get a chance to out shoot them at the range with it with their fancy "name brand" guns.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top