JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have way to much history with the .22, and to many great memories of shooting them to get rid of them. My first Colt and first gun purchase was a Peacemaker that I bought in High School. My wife has her Grand Fathers 1890 and it's a .22 short.......I bought her a Henry 22 WMR a few years ago for Christmas. I keep a Henry Survivor with 3 mags and extra ammo in my truck 24/7.........just in case i need to walk home.

We can still shoot here at home and so with more and more new neighbors moving in the .22 still has a place for us here. I can shoot it off of my back porch and I try to wait until they all go to work to break out the bigger stuff......

Anyhow back to the topic.........If you are "done" with the .22........get rid of it and let someone else enjoy it. Use the funds to buy what you enjoy..........life is short.

I wish. Im just annoyed with its lack of availability and artificial inflation caused by turn around sellers and panic buyers.

Ive all but stopped shooting it.
I have three fun .22's, but I doubt I could sell them. I dont pass on good .22 ammo deals when I find them, but I certainly dont go hunting for it anymore.

My favorite handgun is still my K22 though I don't shoot it much since 9mm is cheaper since I took up casting bullets. But I have 3 girls who burn through a lot of .22 as they have not yet graduated to centerfire yet.

I've found tons of .22LR as of late, and at decent prices. This last summer my kids are old enough to start teaching to shoot. So out came the .22's. I had forgotten how much fun it was to setup a small gallery and plink away.

So I am glad I kept them all, and doubt I would ever get out of it.

We keep having kids of various ages coming and going into our lives from family and friends so I would always keep some for them to shoot when happenstance arrives at woodland gatherings.

I could never go a single day with out my collection of .22's. Some are valuable, some valuable to me, and some that couldn't ever be replaced. Heck, I can shoot it in my shop if I wanted to! I just cant let them go, ever:):):)

I've found tons of .22LR as of late, and at decent prices. This last summer my kids are old enough to start teaching to shoot. So out came the .22's. I had forgotten how much fun it was to setup a small gallery and plink away.

So I am glad I kept them all, and doubt I would ever get out of it.
Yeah, I haven't even looked for .22 for several months now because I've got so much socked away - several year's worth. I really never had trouble finding it, probably because I never had to have it "right now". I always keep enough around that I can look for a few weeks or months and then buy a few thousand in bulk when I find a good price. I've probably still got some 'way in the back that I paid less than four cents for.

Dumped it going on 2 years now for 9mm and I'm quite happy with the decision. Until I find a sweet bolt gun for a good deal I'm done with rimfire, the final straw for me was the lack of Mini mags and Stingers.

I really never had trouble finding it, probably because I never had to have it "right now"
Truer words were never spoken! Never thought of it this way but the same is true for me. While I NEVER have shot a lot of .22 I always had it on hand - and now more than I EVER have had (but then it's the same with reloading components) I do plan on shooting it a bit more and I suspect with my daughter coming back we will go out together a little more.

Won't ever dump it.

Too many heirloom guns and too many people to teach to shoot in the future.

This is THE answer for me, too.

In fact, before my grandson came of shooting age I hadn't shot a 22LR in long enough time that I'd forgotten how much ammo I had stashed (not a lot, but enough for a while).
I don't get, or take, enough opportunities to shoot and when I do I shoot one of my defense handguns and or my hunting rifle.
Now that the kid and I are shooting, I think it's time to dig out the first gun I ever shot and give it a whirl. I have better choices for him to learn on than the one I started with, but since I've not shot it since getting it back since Dad passed away, I think the time is near. This is the gun Dad and I held as he was wrapped himself around me teaching me proper trigger control.

Yeah, new, young shooters in the family and the heirloom guns are the best part of this "sport".
"My" 22s aren't going away.

just bought 2600+ CPHP for 7.6 cents per rd shipped

Could have bought 10K
Is it really that hard to just spell stuff out? I'm not just talking about you heretic, but everyone.
Not everyone was in the military and knows WTF the abbreviations are about
WTF is CPHP? Just write it out. Then everyone can know what you're talking about.
It's really not that cool to just abbreviate everything. You don't seem smarter than everyone else. I think it just laziness myself.
Don't even start. Everyone knows what WTF stands for and that I can't spell that out
Again Heretic this isn't just about you,don't take it personally.
(Gets off soap box)o_O

Is it really that hard to just spell stuff out? I'm not just talking about you heretic, but everyone.
WTF is CPHP? Just write it out. Then everyone can know what you're talking about.
It's really not that cool to just abbreviate everything. You don't seem smarter than everyone else. I think it just laziness myself.
Don't even start. Everyone knows what WTF stands for and that I can't spell that out
(Gets off soap box)o_O
BTHPMT. Boat tail hollow point match... Sorry couldn't resist.:)

(Gets off soap box)o_O
We all use acronyms, even you, no need to go all soapboxy on people using lesser known acronyms. The ones used are lesser known, and more for hunting/rifle round types, we can't pick and choose which ones we do and do not use.

Nothing wrong with just asking ;) :s0104:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads