JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or does the FFL have to hold it while waiting?

Oregon / Private transfer.

Thanks for any help.

Post Edit: Yes you can. Depending on the FFL.

Last Edited:
So it's discretionary on the ffl then...

Not state law?

Thank you!
I don't know, way back before Nov 2022 when I did a private party transfer we'd just stand at the counter for a couple of minutes until I cleared and he walked out with the money and I paid the FFL for his service and I walked out with the gun. Now days though with the long delays in the "instant" background checks I don't know if the FFL has to put it in his bound book and keep it until the background check clears. Now days even with a concealed carry permit I was told I'm in the que and will have to wait about 6 weeks to pick up my gun.

My GUESS is that the FFL has to enter it into their bound-book that shows incoming/outgoing inventory dispositions, so if it were MY bound-book that was subject to an inventory inspection/reconciliation by the alphabet twats… I'd be storing it until the UBC was completed.

I was told by the LGS that they have to store the firearm while waiting for the background check to be completed.

But if it's an older gun that hasn't been put into the system yet, nobody will know what you do with it - or that it even exists.

Well well well...

This is exactly how A Cut Above is doing things for everyone now.

Sweet.

ffl.png

Well well well...

This is exactly how A Cut Above is doing things for everyone now.

Sweet.

View attachment 1365137
Interesting.

My last background check took about 5 minutes.

The LGS says the backlog could be as long as 3 months now.

The date on that notice is last November. I wonder if they've changed their policy since then?

Interesting.

My last background check took about 5 minutes.

The LGS says the backlog could be as long as 3 months now.
Yup.
But this will work fine. I can retain gun(s) until everything clears.
Nobody need worry about storage by a third party - and everyone gets visitation rights!

I just called and spoke to someone at A Cut Above.

He said that their policy hasn't changed, and that it's up to the FFL whether they keep guns or not, during a background check.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top