JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I'd probably get two at roughly center, both shoulders and a bellybutton...
I was using my Remington R1S Enhanced in .45 ACP. It's magical. Has the best trigger I've ever experienced on a pistol.

GunInv2016-1911-4.jpg

Absolutely agree.

My 92FS made this very clear. I dont have small hands necessarily, but the fat grip on that thing caused quite a ruckus for me. Hours of drawing, grip changes, finger placement changes, and so on. Just trying to get some amount of muscle memory built up on that gun so I could be halfway proficient.

Once I started into 1911's it was very different, but likewise just as difficult. I do shoot 1911's a little better than my Beretta, but only slightly. I do believe part of that was my natural finger position on the trigger at draw.

Definitely appreciate your comments. Thank you
I was surprised to have the stock grip on my 92fs be large enough to fit my hands that take xxl gloves.

My wife won't even shoot it because of the same reason.

Outside of the 1911 comments, you may be saying, you don't shoot double action well. Not that everyone needs a hammer style pistol. I prefer them but carry a striker fire pistol due to all day comfort. Those hammers can get a bit gougey.

Also note that a mental issue doesn't necessarily have to be from trauma. It could be something as simple as reinforcement. One day you notice that you can't remember ever shooting a striker fired pistol as well as you usually shoot. The next time you have a mild expectation, which gets reinforced slightly. Eventually you have a strong expectation. I'm not saying that must be what's happening, but it's a possibility. Not that I have any great advice on how to address it... 🤷‍♂️ The suggestion of a .22 seems worth a try.

Also note that a mental issue doesn't necessarily have to be from trauma. It could be something as simple as reinforcement. One day you notice that you can't remember ever shooting a striker fired pistol as well as you usually shoot. The next time you have a mild expectation, which gets reinforced slightly. Eventually you have a strong expectation. I'm not saying that must be what's happening, but it's a possibility. Not that I have any great advice on how to address it... 🤷‍♂️ The suggestion of a .22 seems worth a try.
One drill they put us through on Saturday was having someone else load 2 magazines for us with 6 dummy rounds randomly included. Aside from a "tap & rack" drill it was good for showing us whether we were flinching or spanking the trigger. If the gun moved significantly on a dummy round you were doing something wrong.

On that note, during a round of tactical reloads I had an actual "tap & rack" situation. I didn't get the new magazine properly seated and had a jam. Tapping the magazine cleared it and I went on shooting. And aside from that operator error my Remington performed beautifully. Never a jam or misfeed in 250 rounds.

Outside of the 1911 comments, you may be saying, you don't shoot double action well. Not that everyone needs a hammer style pistol. I prefer them but carry a striker fire pistol due to all day comfort. Those hammers can get a bit gougey.
Yes, I firmly believe this is part of the problem. Just have no idea how to correct it. Shooting SAO hammer guns does show a small improvement, but still very inconsistent.

Completely agree. Hard to break the habit when I'm already anticipating an issue before I start.

Yeah, I'm gonna pursue some training on similar guns in rimfire.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top