JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
maybe even a P938, but the P365 has lost my interest for the time being.

I had a P938SAS model, had three problems. First the night sight died after a month; had to send in the slide for Free replacement. They didn't even offer FREE return label till I asked about it. Then the guide rod unthreaded (it's a 2 piece) and blew out while shooting one day. I've read where it needs to have loctite put on the threads (personally shouldn't have to do that). And the last straw was when the mainspring nib broke or wore down, and was moving around; thus causing the trigger to feel like 50 pounds! I traded it in, after I purchased a Kimber Micro 9 . . . which is actually a much more comfortable, accurate, and reliable firearm; than the P938 ever was. Had about 2500 rounds through the Micro 9, before needing to replace a single part; never had any failures.

Heard some rants over the years on Kimber

Happy the 1995 target model I got remains trouble free and most accurate 1911 of many that passed thru my hands

Well I'm not even sure where I was when I last posted in this thread but at the moment it would appear that my Sig P365 saga has at last come to a conclusion.

July 30th 2018 - Received an unexpected call from Sig Customer Service stating that after conducting extensive testing on my P365 pistol they had decided that they would send me a brand new one. Took my FFL information and said they would contact me once the new pistol shipped.

August 15th 2018 - Received an e-mail with shipping notice dated the 14th for new P365.

August 16th 2018 - Sound Loan calls me to come and get my new P365. I paid the $25 transfer fee. Notified Sig CS about the transfer fee and they agreed to ship me a free 12 round P365 magazine (difficult to find and average of $45-$55 per).

August 19th 2018 - Took the P365 out and ran 150 rounds of the same ammunition I had used during the failures of the previous 365 specimen. Not a single hiccup.

Not entirely ready to call this pistol GTG for EDC quite yet but the start is very promising. I love the pistol and the high round capacity for such a small micro-compact pistol. All targets had one raggedly shredded hole in the center at 10 yards so I'm completely satisfied with the accuracy (this was true about the accuracy even before I turned in the lemon 365).

I will update again if I run into any further anomalies with this pistol. It will be with me every range trip (typically twice a week but often more) until it has gained my confidence.

Well I'm not even sure where I was when I last posted in this thread but at the moment it would appear that my Sig P365 saga has at last come to a conclusion.

July 30th 2018 - Received an unexpected call from Sig Customer Service stating that after conducting extensive testing on my P365 pistol they had decided that they would send me a brand new one. Took my FFL information and said they would contact me once the new pistol shipped.

August 15th 2018 - Received an e-mail with shipping notice dated the 14th for new P365.

August 16th 2018 - Sound Loan calls me to come and get my new P365. I paid the $25 transfer fee. Notified Sig CS about the transfer fee and they agreed to ship me a free 12 round P365 magazine (difficult to find and average of $45-$55 per).

August 19th 2018 - Took the P365 out and ran 150 rounds of the same ammunition I had used during the failures of the previous 365 specimen. Not a single hiccup.

Not entirely ready to call this pistol GTG for EDC quite yet but the start is very promising. I love the pistol and the high round capacity for such a small micro-compact pistol. All targets had one raggedly shredded hole in the center at 10 yards so I'm completely satisfied with the accuracy (this was true about the accuracy even before I turned in the lemon 365).

I will update again if I run into any further anomalies with this pistol. It will be with me every range trip (typically twice a week but often more) until it has gained my confidence.

Good on them for making it right!

Sounds like your dilemma may have finally come to a satisfactory conclusion. Here's to wishing you continued luck with this new pistol! And I'm glad you at least got a mag out of the deal as well. Helps to smooth over some of the hard feelings :cool:

Wow, the problems with the OP's Sig kinda makes my 100% reliable Taurus TCP .380 seem priceless to me.

I know every company can make a dud, but the ongoing issues with customer service (should have sent replacement sooner) would definitely make me pause if I ever considered buying a Sig.

I will stick to my Springfields, Rugers and my little Taurus thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell...

Over the last several months I've put roughly 600 rounds through my Sig P365 and it's run flawlessly with many different types of ammo. Yet I still lack the most important thing when making a gun an EDC...and that is confidence in the tool.

I've mulled this over awhile and to be honest I didn't see my thoughts changing on the P365, so today I bought a Glock 26 and once I have 300 rounds down range it'll become my next EDC.

I'll hold onto the P365 for now as it is my perfect unicorn gun.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top