JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I decided to begin a new thread on this story because some time has passed since I sent the lil' P365 in to the SIG professionals in Exeter, NH. for repairs. If you would like to view that thread, you can do so here: The Sig P365, anticipation, expectations and finally realizations!

I sent the pistol with SIG's RMA and shipping label via FedEx 2-Day on 06/25/18. It was delivered back to my doorstep via the same carrier on 07/12/18.

This service order was returned with my P365. It stated that they had replaced the faulty front night sight, replaced the barrel and the "extractor group". They also went on to explain that the primer drag is "normal" and consistent for all P365's. Okay fine says I. Lett's get'er to the range.

IMG_5535.jpg

I got it out to the range on 07/13/18, the day after I received it and you can see the results for yourself. It was difficult to disguise my disappointment so please forgive the swearing. May be NSFW. I contacted SIG and sent them links to these videos. They sent me another RMA and shipping label. It departed for trip #2 0n 07/17/18 destined once again for the SIG plant in Exeter, NH. I hope this trip yeilds better results.
VIDEO 1:

VIDEO 2:

Thanks for sharing and sorry to see the lemon.........

It's not a lemon, it's a poorly designed gun. A few got angry at me for commenting on the primer drag and Sig's lack of QC releasing this thing to the public in the above mentioned thread. Still think I'm just a Glock fanboy or maybe just maybe Sig's QC issues are real? Either way I don't care.

I stand by my comments in the other thread.

@ the OP, I'm sorry for your continued issues and look forward to more updates regarding this "EDC".

Last Edited:
i enjoy sig products, that being said my hands are too big for that tiny pistol. I prefer full size models, like the P228/229 with no rail. Never really liked any of the polymer offerings from Sig. Better luck on this round.

i enjoy sig products, that being said my hands are too big for that tiny pistol. I prefer full size models, like the P228/229 with no rail. Never really liked any of the polymer offerings from Sig. Better luck on this round.

The P22x series are fine firearms no doubt.

Have heard and done some reading on the issues with the P365. Everything from the public being the "beta test platform" for this version, or "it's a new model so surely there will be issues". Fellow LEO waited on one for a few months to be "in stock", had similar issues as some are having with it, it's back in NH for some work. Will be anxious to see what he experiences with it once returned.

Sorry to hear of your frustrations and disappointment with this one. Have several of the P22X series models, and all are fabulous. Cheers -

I like my Sig handguns. They work fine.
And it's not your fault that yours doesn't.

I had a POS Kahr PM40 I had to fluff and buff for a couple hundred rounds.
I got it to run. But never could trust it deep down. :s0002:

As to the real frustration?
Hello Sig! It's 2018.

When a gun goes back to the factory and the ''Parts changers'' change a few parts. Then send it back?
Well. The whole world gets to see the video on Sigs POS gun, and the limp dick repair the company made.

Why not just take the time to fix it?
Even if you need to pay a skilled person that knows what there doing?

Oh that's right.
You think its still 1986 and nobody will see how little you care.

Great job Sig! You managed to shoot yourself in the foot, with a gun that doesn't even work. :s0155:

Last Edited:
Thanks for the ample demonstration of the multiple fail-to-function of your 365. I know the frustration of that issue as having dealt with several (of different makers even) on my own firing line. One had been EDC for a couple years, to have it degenerate suddenly. The 4th time back from the maker, in lifting it from the shipping box, parts literally fell out of it.

The only resolution at those annoying times, after multiple failures to repair the beasties, was to dump them (at a loss, imagine that) with a fully informed gunsmith willing to take on the afflicted.

The memory and dissatisfaction with those marques remain. None of my experienced professionals were able to solve the mechanical issues.

Intended as sharing hope for a new day, last week I bought my own P365. With ~150 rounds thru it, perfect function with 3 different loads. Even fits my hand well. Good luck.

Those were good and valuable videos, thanks. And that's too bad about your troubles.
I guess though that SIG stands for Sucks Incredible Gonads with that model.

I would be asking for a refund or a different model. A pistol you can't trust is worthless.

My p226 . 2022 and p938 have been fantastic pistols. And it's hard to understand why they are selling crap that's unreliable even on their second chance.

And new buyers should really listen to these issues. I wouldn't take a chance on a firearm. Buyer beware and what a shame.

What a shame. Sad Sig stands on the quality they HAD to state they have no issues with their current products.

Lol @ these videos. Sorry that you're having issues with this gun.

I'd ask for a refund at this point from Sig.

As stated above, how can you trust that gun at this point?

What a shame. Time to let the haters feast, this P365 is a particularly tasty corpse.

All other manufacturers need to learn from this. If you launch a new firearm in 2018, you can bet your bubblegum that it doesn't matter how many of them run well, you'll see every malfunctioning firearm on YouTube and forum you can possibly think of.

I guess if social media can wreck the fabric of society, it can also wreck product rollouts.

Time to play it safe, boys. When is the Sig P226 gen 5 coming out?

SIG = FTE
Had similar problems with a Para Ordnance, very frustrating, sent it back twice, never did "fix" the prob. Lucky for me the shop I bought it from gave me full credit on another handgun (not a Para-Ord)

That gun is done.
Even if you get it to somehow run a string of 2000 rounds without a problem. You'll never trust it.

Just sell it, or give it away and buy a Glock 43.

I traded my Smith Wesson Shield for my current Glock 43 long ago. My Glock 43 is my current EDC. That said, I'm always looking to improve upon what I have and look forward to trying new things. I'm not a "fanboy" of any given gun brand. they all have winners and apparently they all have losers. It appears so far that I'll be the loser with the Sig P365 but I'm still better for the experience, albiet an expensive one.

I have an P365 myself but I've only sent 250 rounds down range. When (At what round count) did you begin experiencing these FTE issues?
When I bought the gun new, I took it to the range and got three mags through it before the symptoms surfaced. Since then I seem to have an FTE on just about every mag (10 rounds). I sent it back to SIG once already and when I received it back the exact same trouble (FTE) occurred on the very first round through it as witnessed in video 1.

As a p365 owner... Was this consistent across multiple types of ammo? Still 0 issues on mine.
I've tried Speer Lawman, Blazer Brass and Aguilla through it so far, all 124gr. I wanted to try some 115gr but didn't have any at the time. That said, if the P365 was like any other pistol I've ever bought, it would have chewed through any cheap ammo I had to throw at it. It shouldn't be ammo selective in my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews