JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I tried to do just that. Looking for an mlock forend for my pc9, and they had it, in stock! Of course, based on my zip code, they won't ship to my address. I own more than a couple rugers, and enjoy a good quality, American made firearm. I guess I'm done adding to my ruger collection now. Feels a little like the ghost of the coward Bill is still alive and well in corporate headquarters.
My friends have been pushing me to buy a glock. Sounds better all the time.

Once again someone is aiming their anger at the wrong target. Have you bothered to see the stuff Ruger started to bring to market after they kicked the family off the board? The Co is NOTHING like it was when the family was in charge. So now a LOT of gun owners sat on their hands in WA state and allowed some really crap laws to get put through. So many places are taking a hands off approach and here we go. Yet another person who wants to aim anger at the wrong place. Buy all means NEVER buy anything Ruger makes, that will fix the problem of how so many gun owners in WA sit on their hands every election. o_O

Since you asked, yes I have looked at what ruger has brought to the market. In fact, I've purchased some of it. For example, (think about this, for just a moment) the pc9 I was looking to accessorize. o_O I most recently brought home a 75th anniversary lcp max. Both are well made, serviceable firearms, but nothing about them is "groundbreaking" or "cutting edge". Anything but, really.
Your claim that 2A supporters in wa sat on their hands may, or may not, be true. I haven't seen the statistics, but perhaps you'd like to post them, purely for my edification? I'm more of the opinion that conservative voters in wa were simply outnumbered by the hysterical street commies in pierce and king counties. I don't blame the 2A community in oregon for the passage of measure 114, do you? In wa, at least, the laws are passed, the ink is dry and until these measures are judged unconstitutional and overturned, we have to live with them.
If you're happy to apologize for the manufacturers who refuse to supply even basic upgrades or parts for their products, well, you do you. I'll do me, and direct my future firearms purchases away from the corporate bedwetters at ruger. Fair enough?

I like Ruger. They make good guns. In my limited dealings with their customer service they have been outstanding. Granted I haven't bought a ton of stuff from the in house store but what I have shipped right away and was a quality product. That being said, I encourage you to vote with your check book and buy you piece of plastic elsewhere, that'll show'em.

Your claim that 2A supporters in wa sat on their hands may, or may not, be true. I haven't seen the statistics, but perhaps you'd like to post them, purely for my edification?
If you want to know why WA has these laws look up I1639 and Sporting Systems. A LOT of people get over the top angry then when I bring this up they ignore it like it never happened. :s0092:

I hear people mealymouth Ruger because magazine! from a few generations ago.
As a company, Ruger very likely offers more, better and better built guns than any manufacturer on the planet.. making everything from militarily prized and used precision sniping rifles in .338 Lapua Magnum etc., AR-10's, 15's, bolt guns, shotguns, pistols of every persuasion and a partridge in a pear tree.
Glock makes a buttplug.
Thank you for your vote.

Ruger? Have a bunch, like them.

Shop Ruger.com? Bought a little from them, just got some leapers/UTG small M-Lok handstops in from them last week actually.

Couldn't find them anywhere else I wanted to shop. And a Ruger emblem coffee mug. Shipped free & they put a coupon in my cart for another mug for free next order.

Unfortunate they won't ship to WA, & I empathize with folks who live under such conditions. That all written, I wouldn't blame shop ruger (or any other Co).

That's me though.

FYI, had a customer send their threaded barrel Mark IV in for warranty.

Ruger would not repair and send this back to the customer, as it had a threaded barrel. If you do not know, the upper/barrel is receiver one theses. The customer purchased it prior to the Washington HB1240. They offered an exchange for a model without a threaded barrel and in which case another BG check, wait period, and transfer fee must be paid. Instead of just repairing it and sending it back to the customer. I'd hate to see how they'd handle a warranty issue with an AR. "Here's a 10/22 non-threaded barrel without any scary features, sorry bout it."

Companies such as B&T and Kel-tec, we've dealt with say, "you owned it prior to ban, we'll repair and send it right back"

Something to keep in mind when purchasing your next firearm, even if the ban is lifted.

If you customize your rifle from the standard configuration why would you expect your warranty to remain intact? I think he was lucky they offered to swap it for a new rifle..

If you customize your rifle from the standard configuration why would you expect your warranty to remain intact? I think he was lucky they offered to swap it for a new rifle..
Is this in reference to my comment?

The Ruger Mark IV is a 22 pistol. Depending on which model 22/45, tactical, etc they come factory with threaded barrels. The customer did not customize it what so ever. He purchased it so he could teach his grandson to shoot a pistol when he came to visit. Customer purchased the firearm prior to the ban and received the pistol after the BG cleared. He brought it out for the first time when his grandson came. He was experiencing an issue with the trigger not resetting after they shot a box ammo. Ruger requested him to send the whole firearm in for warranty. HB1240 had not been implemented yet. HB1240 is implemented during the time it was at Ruger waiting to be repaired.

According to what he told us, Ruger told him, one of the springs inside broke and had to be replaced. But unfortunately, they could not send it back due to the recent passing of HB1240 (at the time), they would offer him a replacement of a non-threaded barrel model.

I know, Ruger is just listening to their lawyers and trying to play it safe. But there is a grandfather clause in place. No pun intended

Last Edited:
Look up I1639 and Sporting Systems. Lazy gun owners on display. It was really sad as Sporting Systems put up a LOT of their own money and work and gun owners sat on their hands. So we are getting just what we vote for. :(
I'm a gun owner, so are my friends and family, with two exceptions we all voted against more gun laws.

Most on this site are gun owners and all we hear is that "we voted for this" I highly doubt that.
I mean, seems improbable. :)
I have been wrong plenty of times before though.

Regarding lazy gun owners it does feel like if more gun owners voted we wouldn't have as much gun control laws. M114 in Oregon is a classic example.

But its really hard to know how many gun owners are not voting, add to that the fact that many gun owners are Democrats that actually support gun control... I'm not certain being a gun owner in itself is a good metric. Id also venture to guess that the amount of people who sit out elections is roughly the same on either side.

FWIW I agree its not Ruger or retailers fault for not shipping to ban states.

From an Oregon perspective:
1711574659947.png

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Oregon#Political_parties

Regarding lazy gun owners it does feel like if more gun owners voted we wouldn't have as much gun control laws. M114 in Oregon is a classic example.

But its really hard to know how many gun owners are not voting, add to that the fact that many gun owners are Democrats that actually support gun control... I'm not certain being a gun owner in itself is a good metric. Id also venture to guess that the amount of people who sit out elections is roughly the same on either side.

FWIW I agree its not Ruger or retailers fault for not shipping to ban states.

From an Oregon perspective:
View attachment 1852183

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Oregon#Political_parties
yes, the "I got mine" way of thinking
or the "I got mine to defend against these racist white right wingers, and I don't think THEY should have guns"

I'm a gun owner, so are my friends and family, with two exceptions we all voted against more gun laws.

Most on this site are gun owners and all we hear is that "we voted for this" I highly doubt that.
I mean, seems improbable. :)
I have been wrong plenty of times before though.
I know a lot of people want to pretend this is not happening. I guess that's great to pretend. Sadly its why we keep losing. So keep doubting, I1639 proved it and we keep losing while gun owners keep pretending. :s0092:
I guess I should mention again, even though its been made clear MANY times. A LOT of the gun owners and just people who should know better vote by not bothering to vote. You see a LOT of gun owners proudly tell anyone who will listen that voting is a fools game and don't bother. Those who toss a ballot in the trash or put in a "protest vote" also voted for those who win. This is what I mean when I say we are getting what we vote for.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top