JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Right now, Im focused on moving into a new home and working 5-12hr days a week. I spend my spare time with my children they are my priority currently besides what I said above, in the next 6 months when things calm down I will take the time.
Heck, I started carrying when I was a child.. for reals. but anyhoo

Well, thanks for posting... I think I will get a Glock instead...
I'm sorry the P365 doesn't seem to be working out. I had really high hopes for this gun.

Heck, I started carrying when I was a child.. for reals. but anyhoo

I carry just not concealed currently. perfectly legal to have a gun on you, but once its concealed you need a permit... ridiculous.
Oregon needs a constitutional carry law. part of my reasoning to my move to more firearm friendly Yamhill county.

I had hoped to see Sig customer service do better then the response you received, clearly they sent you back a flawed firearm.

How in the world is primer drag "normal?"

Sorry OP. I know things like this are frustrating. I have a Wilson Combat 9mm CQB that required THREE trips back to the factory right out of the box. I was less than pleased. Particularly because Wilson had initially suggested that is was, "operator induced errors." I provided them with video of the gun choking left and right and asked them to please explain how I was causing the failures. They became VERY apologetic after the video.

Hopefully they get this worked out for you but it's starting to look like there are actual design issues with the P365, not just production/quality issues. Hopefully they take care of you. Keep us posted!

As a p365 owner... Was this consistent across multiple types of ammo? Still 0 issues on mine.

Yeah mine's been 100% reliable as well, coming up on a thousand rounds of cheap (Armscor I think) and white box ammo through it. No reload or reman ammo for me.

It's never failed even in the first few shots or lately when my tiny 73 year old mom with arthritis was limp wristing the absolute crap out of it.

The primer drag is a real thing... it's not really a feature but they knew it would happen because the slide speed is so fast, according to the SIG employee I talked to at the range it's the fastest slide operation on the market.

Man I'm glad I found this thread. Have been toying for a while with the idea of retiring my EDC SIG P938 (which has been totally reliable from day one with zero malfunctions) and acquiring a P365.

Uh... nope. Pass. I'm good.

Well, my Kimber Micro 9 might not hold as many rounds, but I've only had one issue so far, after a couple thousand rounds. The ejector broke. Otherwise, it is leaps and bounds beyond the issue I had with my Sig SOUR P938 and Sig SOUR P290RS; both of which I traded for CZ products. I also have a Sig P232, it had multiple issues, but Sig actually got that fixed after one try. It's the only Sig I still own and the oldest Sig I own. If they gave me one, I'd probably accept it, but if there were issues . . . Anyway, give them their 3 tries to repair its then ask for refund based on Lemon Law. I did that with S&W on the original Bodyguard 380 with laser. They couldn't repair the laser (after 3 tries) to function reliably, so they bought it back (at my request), for the price I paid.

I'm in full appreciation with the use of Lemon Laws when repairs have failed. Ruger recently satisfied me as a customer after sadly failing on what had become my favorite 22 revolver. The loss of confidence in that particular platform was great enough to result in the sale NIB of the replacement they provided.

I'm not sour on the marque, just a bit sadder about the unrequited expectations & unexplainable repetitive hardware failure and irreparability of an otherwise marvelous product.

GOOD NEWS:

Well I received an unexpected call today that showed up on my caller ID as Portsmouth NH. It was a Sig Sauer CS representative, Ryan. He explained to me that after extensive testing of the pistol I had sent in for the second time, they were deciding to send me a brand new pistol. Never explained what was wrong with it or anything else other than they wanted to send me a new Sig P365.

BAD NEWS:

They took my FFL's information and I confirmed later that they had indeed initiated contact for the purpose of sending my new pistol. I spoke to my FFL and they said I would not be required to pay tax on the replacement pistol but I would be required to pay the $25 transfer fee. So that kinda sucks but at least I get a new pistol.

TORN:

Now I'm really conflicted. Do I sell the god damn thing as new once I get it, or do I take another chance on a pistol that I was once enamored with? Geez!

I'd call Sig back and tell them they need to reimburse you for the transfer fee. If nothing else see about 2 free mags or something. I'd also contemplate sending it right back to them and say it didn't work. I think in some instances Sig Sauer likes to play suck suck games. Well they can continue to pay for those shipping labels and the wasted technician/ gunsmith wages until they give me a refund.

You get to thinking about the cost of all the ammo you used/wasted trying to "prove" the gun and it just pisses you off. The gun should have been right after sending it back the first time. Been nice if it was right out of the box but nobody is perfect.

I feel for you but I'm with the few guys in this thread that said I don't trust any Sigs but the P22_ series. Our P226 has been amazing. Good luck with your decision.

GOOD NEWS:

Well I received an unexpected call today that showed up on my caller ID as Portsmouth NH. It was a Sig Sauer CS representative, Ryan. He explained to me that after extensive testing of the pistol I had sent in for the second time, they were deciding to send me a brand new pistol. Never explained what was wrong with it or anything else other than they wanted to send me a new Sig P365.

BAD NEWS:

They took my FFL's information and I confirmed later that they had indeed initiated contact for the purpose of sending my new pistol. I spoke to my FFL and they said I would not be required to pay tax on the replacement pistol but I would be required to pay the $25 transfer fee. So that kinda sucks but at least I get a new pistol.

TORN:

Now I'm really conflicted. Do I sell the god damn thing as new once I get it, or do I take another chance on a pistol that I was once enamored with? Geez!

I know what I would do.

I'm sure there are plenty of happy owners. But that's not the point. The failure rate from what I can tell is too high to be acceptable. Maybe that's ok for a cheap flat screen TV. You know, just keep returning it til you get a "good one". But NOT ok for something I stake my life on.

I'm sure there are plenty of happy owners. But that's not the point. The failure rate from what I can tell is too high to be acceptable. Maybe that's ok for a cheap flat screen TV. You know, just keep returning it til you get a "good one". But NOT ok for something I stake my life on.
Yeah... this release has me looking more at glocks every day...

Yeah... this release has me looking more at glocks every day...

Everyone knows I like Glocks. And I'm not commenting here to try to persuade anyone (not that you implied that). I like ALL guns that don't say Hi-Point on them. But I couldn't in good conscious carry the 365. Give me a Shield, an XDM or even a (cough) Taurus.

I've posted about my Glock issue with my 26. It's all better now and no trip to them required. There is no such thing as 100% when it comes to manufacturing. What got me was the trip back to Sig and it still failed. Along with plenty of others documenting failures on YT and various forums. Nope. Not something I'll ever own.

I hear enough going wrong with the model to assume those that aren't having issues are just lucky.

I only use Glock as an example, not as a jab to Sig.
I still want a P229 and P220, maybe even a P938, but the P365 has lost my interest for the time being.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top