JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Believe it or not--The shooter had a CPL...

Michigan Chipotle customer shoots employee during brawl over guacamole
By
Social Links forKatherine Donlevy
Published April 7, 2024, 2:34 a.m. ET

An enraged customer at a Michigan Chipotle shot an employee when a fight over guacamole escalated to bloodshed.
The suspect, 32, can be seen flashing the firearm as the employee, 21, grabbed him by the sweatshirt in an attempt to stop him from leaving the store, video of the wild brawl shows.
"I was just eating a bowl and I heard shouting. And then I looked over, they're arguing. One of the workers went to the back, I don't know why, and then when he was in the back, the customer walked around the counter, tried to grab his food and put it in a bag," witness Thomas Huber told Fox 2 Detroit.
"Then the employee came back, and they started fighting, and then we heard a gunshot and just ran out as quick as we could."
customer-shoots-chipotle-worker-guacamole-79620717.jpg 3

The employee sustained a gunshot to the leg and was rushed to a local hospital in stable condition, Southfield police said.

The suspect — an unnamed Detroit man — fled the scene, but didn't seem to be in any rush.

"He took his time getting out… probably 30 seconds after (the shot was fired)," said Micahel Beales, who filmed the bizarre altercation.

"I was in my car and I saw him just walk out to his car, close the door, and just drive off – he didn't speed off or anything, it was weird to see."

If you're not justified killing a person legally, wounding doesn't make sense either unless there's some damn good reason(s) that can be articulated in court as well as in writing. Sounds like petty bulls**t at best.
I agree, if you start to shoot, empty the mag.

I can't imagine how bad the customer service is going to be now, with the employee having a bum leg.

I've only been in a Chipotle store once, and I didn't see anything there to get shot over. I'd rather spend my money at Mike's Subs.

Well, clearly someone had a spicy attitude.

In all seriousness, looks like a case of dumb & dumber. The article alleges that the employee put his hands on the customer "in an attempt to stop him from leaving". If that's actually what happened, no bueno on his part. And the suspect sounds nuts.

If you're not justified killing a person legally, wounding doesn't make sense either unless there's some damn good reason(s) that can be articulated in court as well as in writing. Sounds like petty bulls**t at best.

Discharging a firearm at someone is considered deadly force whether it results in death or not. Justifications for use of deadly force are usually very clearly defined in state laws. I'm guessing that guacamole is not mentioned in any of these laws.

Discharging a firearm at someone is considered deadly force whether it results in death or not. Justifications for use of deadly force are usually very clearly defined in state laws. I'm guessing that guacamole is not mentioned in any of these laws.
I mean… I've had "killer" guacamole before, but somehow I don't think that would qualify 🤔

Nothing at Chipotle is worth dying over. I think it's among the most bland yet expensive Mexican food ever. I did yell at a 16yo once in a drive thru window in 1999, but since but I'm almost at an $1,000 limit to walk away from BS.

That's way below the price of a lawyer or losing your job or any headache from the fallout. Customer Service or actual justice is an idea from the past.

I remember a South Park episode where they say, "Now I love Chipotle as much as the next guy, but……the bloodstains in my underwear". That was back when they had ecoli and other coliform outbreaks making people sick.

Nothing at Chipotle is worth dying over. I think it's among the most bland yet expensive Mexican food ever. I did yell at a 16yo once in a drive thru window in 1999, but since but I'm almost at an $1,000 limit to walk away from BS.

That's way below the price of a lawyer or losing your job or any headache from the fallout. Customer Service or actual justice is an idea from the past.

Chipotle is no more Mexican food than Taco Bell is.

I am going to be really interested in the justification for this.

"Please articulate the deadly threat here."

"Well you see, I was starving to death. . . "

I am also going to guess the employee is going to lose their job too, since it is usually against store policy to confront customers even when they are doing something illegal. So now we have two people with very short sighted and questionable decision making that have altered their lives forever; one who got shot and will lose a job, the other who probably just became a felon and will suffer all the fallout thereof.

And the worst part of this is that since this guy was a CHL holder he will become the poster boy for gun control groups to try and frame the rest of us as deranged maniacs just waiting to kill someone (despite the statistics that show otherwise). Stupid people gonna stupid. . .

It's Southfield.
When I was in high school, I had a bunch of classmates from Southfield. I thought of them as rich. During the 80's, Detroit got so bad, Detroiters were moving to Southfield.
Ferndale had its seedy edges, but the police were medieval there.
Before long, you couldn't tell Southfield, Oak Park or Royal Oak apart from Detroit. You definitely watched your back there by the time I moved to Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top