JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, its not. This is more fear mongering and outside of California, who always manages to sabotage themselves with their own policies, any power shortages in the PNW or the western power grid are intentional. There is way more supply than demand and the grid has been able to handle the current demand for a long time. Not being able to afford the cost of electricity from high demand is a much different situation for a power company than not being able to procure it, but the two seem to be marketed as the same situation when rolling blackouts are discussed.

Just remember, it is not a recession it is a transition. Feel better?
"Transition" seems to be the operative word of the day.
We all need to transition from freedom to slavery, from success to failure, from abundance to poverty, from independence to globalism, from wisdom to stupidity... all for the 'greater good' and because Brandon says so.

An average EV charger uses 24x the electricity of a refrigerator. Electricity, and what it is used for can be monitored easily. Control freaks love that little extra feature. It will help determine your new social credit score via your pending gov digital currency allotment. People have already accepted all sorts of draconian BS, why not an obedience rating?

When the grid dies it won't be because of usage. It will be deliberate. The greatest fear move yet. Will result in the most pathetic compliance of the masses yet. (If you thought people were brainless and fearful over the last 2.5 years, hang on, the show hasn't really started yet).

As Klaus Schwab boldly said at the WEC Davos conference, "The first pandemic was biological, the next will be electrical." Imagine having so much power you simply don't give a ###! about hiding your intentions anymore.

Biden admin is again pushing to remove the Snake river dams. with NO replacement power generation plans... they seem to think it's not needed ? Freezing us in the dark doesn't seem to concern them.

But, I did see this today from the Army Corps of Engineers.

1659383910348.png

Lower Granite, Little Goose, and lower Monumental have 18 turbines that is equivalent to 4446 wind turbines... and that power is available 24hrs 365days wind or no wind, rain or shine, day or night...no batteries required.

Solar panels would need about 40 square miles of panel surface allowing for snow cover, cloudy days, hot weather reduction of efficiency, and nighttime inactivity... and they would need batteries, lots and lots of batteries.

I had no idea Gruesome New some already banned gas powered tools?!?!
In the first minute or two of this video that's what he states.
I guess you have until 2024 to buy them, then the go the way of the "hi cap. Mag" absolutely insane.
I guess he wants that "rolling brown out" to land squarely on your chest.

This was again one of those laws that a LOT of people paid no attention too. MANY who live there will of course be shocked when it goes in and they suddenly find they can no longer buy the gas tools. Most will of course get real angry and everyone except themselves for voting for it. :s0092:

This was again one of those laws that a LOT of people paid no attention too. MANY who live there will of course be shocked when it goes in and they suddenly find they can no longer buy the gas tools. Most will of course get real angry and everyone except themselves for voting for it. :s0092:
Yeah but mo(w)er power to the mom and pops stores across state lines. I hope they get a thriving business of smugglers sticking to the "man" if you can call pelosi's feckless little relative a man...
Truly we need to divert the boarder wall and annex Cali. Hurry before they escape!

Yeah but mo(w)er power to the mom and pops stores across state lines. I hope they get a thriving business of smugglers sticking to the "man" if you can call pelosi's feckless little relative a man...
Truly we need to divert the boarder wall and annex Cali. Hurry before they escape!
When it goes in it will be interesting to see just how hard CA will enforce this. Reminds me was when "low flow toilets" became the law here long ago. The first ones they were making were great for saving water but, they did a VERY poor job of being a toilet. For a long time it was a standing joke that the Home Depot just across the border here had a flood of US people going up to Canada to buy a toilet that worked.

My long time pal Mark just completed his self-installed solar power system. Which he is rightly proud of. He lives in southeast New Mexico where there is plenty of sun and no trees to block his light. In fact, his building is on a completely bare lot, not one tree or shrub growing upon it. He had some help from his cousin getting the collector panels up onto the roof but he did the rest. He lives alone, has very modest power needs. So saving money isn't all of it. I asked him how far off the dollar break-even point was, he said over 16 years at current prices. Mind you, that's with him supplying all the labor and getting most of his components at the auction. He is more concentrated on the off-grid feature.

He is well off for his own power. Trouble is, water is another story. He is connected to a small, local water district. Wells in his area must be dug ever deeper whenever a new one is sunk in. Groundwater quality is very poor. In his last place, he had to install a reverse osmosis system from well water to get enough minerals out of the water to have a functional water supply. Which wanted a lot of attention and no freezing in winter time. They do get atmospheric moisture, but it is rare and when it comes, it's usually in the form of a flash flood. The dire water situation in the southwest US is now well known. My pal has worried about this some. For an off-grid survival thing, you need the whole package.

There are pressure toilets that are more efficient; they use the line water pressure instead of the pressure from the tank, the latter being just gravity and very little pressure.
They have made some GREAT improvements in the low water use toilets now. This was back in the 90's IIRC that they first made it law here. The first ones they were cranking out to meet the new law were famous for not working well. This was what lead to a flood of US people driving up to Canada to the Home Depot. That old show King Of The Hill even did an episode making fun of this. Where Hank installs one of the new toilets to save water and then hears his Wife and Kid flushing the toilet multiple times to get the damn thing to work.

My long time pal Mark just completed his self-installed solar power system. Which he is rightly proud of. He lives in southeast New Mexico where there is plenty of sun and no trees to block his light. In fact, his building is on a completely bare lot, not one tree or shrub growing upon it. He had some help from his cousin getting the collector panels up onto the roof but he did the rest. He lives alone, has very modest power needs. So saving money isn't all of it. I asked him how far off the dollar break-even point was, he said over 16 years at current prices. Mind you, that's with him supplying all the labor and getting most of his components at the auction. He is more concentrated on the off-grid feature.

He is well off for his own power. Trouble is, water is another story. He is connected to a small, local water district. Wells in his area must be dug ever deeper whenever a new one is sunk in. Groundwater quality is very poor. In his last place, he had to install a reverse osmosis system from well water to get enough minerals out of the water to have a functional water supply. Which wanted a lot of attention and no freezing in winter time. They do get atmospheric moisture, but it is rare and when it comes, it's usually in the form of a flash flood. The dire water situation in the southwest US is now well known. My pal has worried about this some. For an off-grid survival thing, you need the whole package.
Yup and when it come to water its like the old adage two is one one is none. Its best to have at least two or one main and a backup like collection and cisterns etc. A lake and river etc. Something where you can setup a water hammer type pump to push water up a hill if optimal (of course) I'm glad I'm not diabetic or anything. I really feel for those who NEED power and it's not an option.
Also on that note I forget the name but the project who is trying to make free and open source the insulin problem is pretty cool project, I'd love to see that completed before the spinner kicks into high gear otherwise they don't really stand a chance. Well lose a lot of good smart people.

There are pressure toilets that are more efficient; they use the line water pressure instead of the pressure from the tank,
Sloan valves being the predominant product seen in commercial buildings. I don't think I've ever seen a Sloan valve in a single family residential home. For one thing, Sloan valves typically take one inch service, not common in residential homes. Sloan valves are more efficient as to disposal with their rather violent flushing action, but I think they use about the same amount of water as modern 1.28 gpf tank toilets. Water pressure design toilets make a lot more noise, might wake people up at night. They sometimes scare the snot out of little kids.

Sloan valves being the predominant product seen in commercial buildings. I don't think I've ever seen a Sloan valve in a single family residential home. For one thing, Sloan valves typically take one inch service, not common in residential homes. Sloan valves are more efficient as to disposal with their rather violent flushing action, but I think they use about the same amount of water as modern 1.28 gpf tank toilets. Water pressure design toilets make a lot more noise, might wake people up at night. They sometimes scare the snot out of little kids.
They have Sloan pressure tanks that retrofit a regular gravity tank toilet to use the line water pressure. And they have toilets that have that from the factory. When I sell and move, I will either spec toilets for the house I build or have the toilets in an house I buy, retrofitted.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top