JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bahia Gold Maduro

better then the bundle sticks but not worth $4 imo.

Decent flavor, no transitions. Full bodied and not much sweetness.

8F660162-027F-4B93-9C79-70508A7DF92E.jpeg

With respect to pistolas and cigar pics, how about a CZ-75 BD and a Rocky Patel Royale?

CZCigar.jpg

I plan to smoke latter tonight and light up the home range with former on the morrow. Busy, long day, Saturday will be, but they all are now. Oh well, sunshine, cigar, an a lithe little automatic; there are joys to be had too.

Here is wishing you well, my friends. :)

Rocky patel vintage 1999 connecticut 2nd for me today. This one Is very spongy. Veiny wrapper. Taste is getting closer to non 2nd version now that these have had more time in humidor. Pretty good for the price (15 for $38ish online on sale). I've found the construction and burn to be really inconsistent with most RPs I've tried but this ones sponginess and fairly tight draw is pretty disappointing. Significant canoeing also. But the buttery marzaipan flavor makes up for it though. Only cigar that has this very nice flavor in such strength (that I've found anyway). The non 2nd version was even stronger in this flavor. F5599FFE-240F-40CA-9676-A468BC3BFA3B.jpeg
Also one thing I noticed about that fire purge thing is it makes the lighter dirty very fast. Had to do a deep cleaning on lighter cuz of it so not sure it's worth it unless ur using an old lighter for it or something.

Last Edited:
Also one thing I noticed about that fire purge thing is it makes the lighter dirty very fast. Had to do a deep cleaning on lighter cuz of it so not sure it's worth it unless ur using an old lighter for it or something.

I just light it and as soon as it's going I take the lighter away. Using a Xikar Verano so maybe the small opening for the flat flame helps?

I have noticed even then I tend to have to wipe if off and can see any residue of any kind with the mirror finish on it.

Rocky patel vintage 1999 connecticut 2nd for me today. This one Is very spongy. Veiny wrapper. Taste is getting closer to non 2nd version now that these have had more time in humidor. Pretty good for the price (15 for $38ish online on sale). I've found the construction and burn to be really inconsistent with most RPs I've tried but this ones sponginess and fairly tight draw is pretty disappointing. Significant canoeing also. But the buttery marzaipan flavor makes up for it though. Only cigar that has this very nice flavor in such strength (that I've found anyway). The non 2nd version was even stronger in this flavor. View attachment 721358
I just light it and as soon as it's going I take the lighter away. Using a Xikar Verano so maybe the small opening for the flat flame helps?

I have noticed even then I tend to have to wipe if off and can see any residue of any kind with the mirror finish on it.
Very well could be. On mine the lighter sputtered and went out the first time I tried it. Second time it went out about 3 times. Then wouldn't stay lit today and looking at it it had tons of crud in there just from those two times. Squeaky clean now though and working good. I'll just pull out the beater Ronson lighter for future flame purge experiments ha ha. 28ED6252-F9CE-4E35-A08E-3D6ADEF97295.jpeg

Upside down or side light maybe?:rolleyes::D

I seriously have noticed a taste improvement, especially after the halfway mark.

Ive tried it earlier and there doesn't seem to be enough ?crud? Built up.

Some I've had to do for a good minute until the flame dies out and other must be fermented better or something cuz they don't do it at all.

This is what the top of my Verano looks like, no cap I thought would bother me but I've not had a problem since getting it th

I love my HP3 but the flat flame toasts so well and does touch up work both without having to worry about scorching the cigar.

It also is, surprisingly to me, much more wind resistant then my triple inline HP3.

F79A52A3-EE0B-4F55-868C-1418BB2ED3C8.png

Wrath by Oliva Maduro today

Only one I got in a monthly drop.

First 1/3 was iffy. Canoeing and slightly tight draw

Last half has been much more enjoyable.
Burn, ash smoke etc all much better.

4/5 only because of the first part of the cigar.
Last half would be a 5/5

804CD7BA-2E23-426A-8B64-2FDF762F110C.jpeg 92D6BA35-3CB3-4C64-B983-9BF1B44A6371.jpeg

Tried the fire purge using lighter upside down and holding quite a long ways away, when smoking a man o war ruination today. That does seem to help the lighter from getting fouled. Fun to experiment with this stuff. One drawback I noticed is that it tends to overheat the whole cigar if doing it on final third.

anyone ever try a Partagas extra fuerte? Field supplies has 8 pack of glass tube ones for $30 on sale. Thinking about getting one to have more tubes but have never tried that cigar. Now I just need to think up a cool wall mount for the cigars in glass tubes...

Davidoff 3x3 tubo for me today. Flavor is the same as earlier ones but now is stronger and a tad more bitter. Construction, draw, and burn is pretty much perfect. I have heard that these need more humidor time and that certainly seems to be the case. Perhaps these are off color or failed some other quality check in becoming a front line Davidoff and are sent sent out right away? The wrapper colors do vary from one to the next if you lay them out side by side.

mild and smooth with notes of butter, oak, and walnut. Some very mild white pepper here and there. Nice aroma but mild. If looking for a mild but very well constructed Dominican for not much money these certainly fit the bill, provided they have many moons in the humidor with the caps off. Nothing displeasing at all in this cigar but nothing exciting either. Kind of similar to other quality Dominicans. I personally enjoy cohiba conn., Macanudo (white, cafe, gold label, icon), montecristo platinum more but this is still a very good cigar with really excellent construction. I would probably give it an 8.1/10 or so. D3A26375-2BC7-4B74-AA4E-8C9D363D0273.jpeg

Man O' War Ruination tonight
Love these Solomon shaped cigars;)

Things a powerhouse but has good flavor and minimal pepper.:cool:

Purged lit many times. Can really see the 3" flame well at night:D.

84910C9C-152D-4C0E-8238-77C1F02C966B.jpeg

RP The Edge A-10 today
6x52 Toro

My first barber pole cigar. Maduro and Corojo mix.

Fairly full bodied but the flavors have started to mingle well and is has a slightly sweet slightly spicy finish that lingers.

Good cigar but more ascetically pleasing then tasty I think but still will finish out at a 4/5 I think.

6E343162-4B58-40C1-8D22-A9077398A2A3.jpeg 7EBB0193-303F-4331-A119-C1B6DFFCB350.jpeg

Just one today to give myself cigar breath so I can try that Smartmouth mouthwash that arrived today.

Tabak Especial Robusto Dulce

Pretty tasty little cigar and well built but not $9-10 good.

I got a 3 pack for $6 but not paying $29 for the same pack so it was a nicety.

EC2A510B-0871-4BE6-8F62-EF7867BC3D73.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top