JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ramon Bueso genesis today. Just ok is what I would call it. Better than the other Ramon bueso cigars I've tried though FWIW.

67E70071-1DDA-4622-A16B-2D9362806A4E.jpeg

In case anyone is interested in getting one of these FYI I received a swiss army knife cutter (called cigar 36) from Amazon yesterday and had a chance to try it out this am. Feels like great quality. Cut is good. Not as crisp as a sharp double gullitine cutter but good. I bought to be able to fit in my cigar pocket case. Now I need to get one of those turrim lighters and with luck maybe could fit two cigars plus cutter plus lighter in the one case. Great little knife for $30. They also have a bigger size for twice as much but for me the larger one would be too big to fit in the pocket case. Cheers!
View attachment 840317View attachment 840318View attachment 840319View attachment 840322View attachment 840323
I had no idea this was a thing. Guess I'm picking up a new knife now

To each their own for sure but I prefer a dedicated cutter and use my pocket knife blade on the very off chance I do not have a cutter but I keep my favorite lighter and cutter together.

But that's just me. I rarely ever use my multi tool for the same reason - it's a backup when and if I am absent minded enough to not bring the right tools with me to a job etc.

Let's see, I've got Xikar, Palio, Victorinox....a couple examples of each. Cutters and punches.

If I had to have only one, it'd be my OG Palio double bladed cutter. Xikar is a very close 2nd.....

Xikar that I have has cut thousands of cigars and still going strong. I like the slim profile and it just seems to work so I've stuck with it.

It fits in my pocket easily along with a Xikar Verano flat flame lighter.

That Verano at first I thought might be a toast and touch up secondary lighter but I have been surprised with it and it's hands down my favorite cigar lighter.

It has a single flat flame that is (imo) absolutely perfect for toasting a cigar. It excels at touch ups and to my amazement it is very wind proof - better then even my big boy triple in-line lighter.

Side not on the lighter. I got mine in a polished stainless type finish and when you go to light a cigar it naturally is angled perfectly to act as a mirror so I get a perfect light on the first try every time.

I guess I can't say much…. Things like my cigar lighter and cutter stay constant once I find out what I like best (some of that could be the ritual that a cigar is for me). Other things like my pocket knives I have yet to find 'one to rule them all". I change my knives like my wife changes jewelry and I haven't yet hit a point where I feel like I have too many. My wife would disagree and can't understand why I have more then just a couple lol.

número 2 y número 6 - Copy.jpg
Number 2 carbine, number 6 cigar — is good! (I successfully resisted the urge to put the cigar next to a firearm with a visible 9. Maturity finally kicking in? Well, I wouldn't go that far. :p)

I've never tried those but I literally filled my humidor before taking a break from my regular routine of 2-4 a day and now with a new job with long hours inside I'm not sure when I will take the time to sit and enjoy. It should be more often as wit has always been a great stress relief and I'm under plenty of that right now.

Might have to make a proactive effort to slowly decrease my cigar count down for the 500's…(I buy in bulk and it makes them reasonable for good sticks). Until then I just tell myself I am aging them and open the door once a week or so to let them breathe.

Broke my fast a couple weeks ago and had a couple Vegas5 Series A's (very tasty) with the sun out and wood burning in the fire pit out back.

Was a great relax time but man I forgot how bad the after taste in my mouth was, well until into the next day. It was different when I smoked daily and it was maybe not the best idea to have 3 medium strong cigars after a long break but go big or not at all lol.

Hope everyone is well and spring is on the way so I hope y'all are stocked up.

Cheers

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR