JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1E75930A-D702-4483-9A58-0224D8FF2179.png 1E75930A-D702-4483-9A58-0224D8FF2179.png 637DDADE-A86C-4FB3-932E-59429E6C6BFC.png

Talked with CI and they emailed me a return label to ship the Oliva Liga V 2nds back for a full refund even though I've smoked 2 of the 15.

They aren't horrible but I'd rather spend the $48 on something I like.

So kudos to them despite the mix up. I've ordered from them for a year and only had 2 issues and they made good on both of them.

I've tried the Brick House Maduro Fumas many times in the Robusto and Gordo sizes (I prefer the Robusto's) and they aren't bad at all.

I got 2 of the non-Fumas with one of the monthly club drops and am just getting around to trying one - they aren't even close to the same cigar.

Im working on a Robusto now and right out of the cello it smelled like chocolate.

About half thru it now and it's already gone through a couple transitions but has kept that nice chocolate sweetness in each transition.

Ash is tight and white, holds on for a good 2", burns excellent etc. Finish is very oily and extremely long. Almost no smoke at rest but very good output on the perfect draw.

Definitely a well made cigar. About $6/each in a box of 20 so I would buy on sale if I see them.

5/5 for me (The Fumas hit 3/5 - so a nice daily cigar or toss if in a hurry stick @$2)

Medium bodied so I would think most people that have at least a little experience would like these.

0EAB2C82-760D-42BC-A0FB-8D3A63679706.jpeg 179FC6CF-EDE5-4B18-8629-C1873F427561.jpeg A78E3A3E-7084-40F9-9209-83A8CE6405A1.jpeg

It's going to be a little while before I trade out my dresser for the taller/skinnier one my daughter has currently to have the space to stack two humidors so here is a pic of what I have. Holds 63f on the bottom and 70f very well and with the seal it holds the humidity also very well.

I'm looking at either modifying the 4 shelves I pulled out of my NewAir or just putting them in as pieces of Spanish cedar to help keep the humidity regular but I'm not too worried about it since this will be for boxes and overflow I can't get in the NewAir with my custom drawers...

575F2A38-1C5D-449B-868F-2EAA477C98AA.png

Punch Gran Puro Nicaragua

Dang good cigar right out of the gate:s0155:

Sweetness with some spice (not pepper).

Excellent combination of flavors and lots of complexity and depth.

Ash is white, tight, hanging on at 2" so far, burn is razor straight. Hardly any smoke at rest and a perfect amount of smoke on the draw.

Long oily finish that has that sweet spice flavor that lingers a long time.

5/5 for me:)

4B140F6C-EA3A-41A0-BA70-5823FFF02AD4.jpeg

I think I received my missing order yesterday- a month late....

These are Toro Oliva 2nds which is what the original order of VM's were.

Same color as the churchill V's in the replacement shipment so hard to tell without a label or band but my taste buds are saying maduro and not habano.

Its possible it's just wishful thinking but it's pretty good so far:s0155:

9F60F359-5188-4258-AEAD-0F699E0647C0.jpeg
Edit: These are absolutely Maduro's :s0155:;)
Color me happy:D

Last Edited:
Tried my second punch rare corojo today. First one I thought hadn't enough humidor time. Unfortunately this one is about the same.

I would give it a 2 out of 10. Very Sour. Tastes of lead, toast, raw flour, some type of rancid yeast, bitter medium roast coffee. Sort of a sour chemical aftertaste that hangs around a long time. Almost no aroma. Just not for me at all. 26D9FDE0-BCF0-428D-8808-7C50D4D7BE11.jpeg

So, re the Oliva 2nds VM Toros...

Definitely Maduro's so that's awesome but might be the V Meliano's cuz the V Maduro's I have are massive chocolate bombs.

I have 2 V Meliano's from the monthly drops I got for 3 months but I've been saving them for an occasion. Now I'm interested to see at a later time if these toros are those.

First cigar in a year that made me nicotine sick:confused:.

And that was after eating lunch:rolleyes:.

Put it down about 10 min before I would normally and I smoke strong cigars regularly.

Might have been cuz I was hot and tired from working on my list around the house to get ready for the 4th But it was weird to get green from a cigar after so long.

Just in case anyone newer to strong cigars, if you get green and nauseous put the cigar down and eat or drink something sweet and non alcoholic to bring your blood sugar up. It works fairly quickly:s0155:

Sometimes nothing but time remedies the "sick" after a good old fashioned puke takes place...

It's a pretty well known fact that raising your blood sugar will bring you down pretty fast if you get nicotine sick.

I suppose if you just keep smoking till you puke that might work but I did enough puking as a younger guy and don't really dig hugging the toilet bowl anymore:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top