JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Punch icon 4 me today. Only 2nd one I've tried but quickly becoming one of my favorites. Much like man o war ruination but smoother, much less spice, and much more chocolate. Deep earth and chocolate are primary flavors. Most chocolate flavor than any cigar I've had (Semi-sweet, not dark chocolate) Some very subtle flavors in there too I would tentatively label as soap, mildly sweet toffee, almond. Really reminds me of Something from a box of chocolates, either the one with dark chocolate cream inside otr the one with a marzaipan kind of cream. Definitely will be buying more of these. Also seems to be one of those that are darn near impossible to go out even if u neglect it. Medium-full bodied I would say (don't expect pepper or spice though, do expect earthy). Chocolate, deep earth aroma F2E2A6C1-DF27-445B-BCDF-A81C85F4BB2B.jpeg

Last Edited:
Punch icon 4 me today. Only 2nd one I've tried but quickly becoming one of my favorites. Much like man o war ruination but smoother, much less spice, and much more chocolate. Deep earth and chocolate are primary flavors. Most chocolate flavor than any cigar I've had (Semi-sweet, not dark chocolate) Some very subtle flavors in there too I would tentatively label as soap, mildly sweet toffee, almond. Really reminds me of Something from a box of chocolates, either the one with dark chocolate cream inside otr the one with a marzaipan kind of cream. Definitely will be buying more of these. Also seems to be one of those that are darn near impossible to go out even if u neglect it. Medium-full bodied I would say (don't expect pepper or spice though, do expect earthy). Chocolate, deep earth aroma View attachment 724023

I'll have to try and grab some of those - they sound tasty..:cool:

Cuban bolivar for me today. Not enough humidor time probably but wanted to try one and feels like it's almost ready or ready.

Med to Med-full bodied. Musty, smooth, and very noticeable (but not strong) mouth presence is how I would describe it. No bitterness anywhere. Construction/draw/burn are excellent.

Dominant flavors so far are must and perhaps leather. Secondary are dark honey, nutty, slightly buttery. Slight hint of orange occasionally.

Mouth presence is important factor in this one. Sort of a mild light white pepper twang on whole mouth. White pepper also noticeable on retrohale. Mild pepper, not strong.

Low aroma at first but picking up now in 2nd 3rd. Aroma is nutty, musty, and a tad of charred wood. I would prob give it a score of 8.8/10 or so. Smooth overall. 0D93830E-EF6B-4E7D-95C7-11AC1E63C789.jpeg

Last Edited:
Cohiba black for me today. 2nd one I tried and this one has had more humidor time. Dark musk flavor, oily, leather, earthy, not spicy. Nice strong musky aroma. Like the first one it reminds me of motor oil. Not a flavor profile that I really like but it's a good cigar and it is growing on me. For someone who likes this particular taste it may be perfect. Burn and draw are excellent. Medium-full body but not spicy. Smooth. Slow burning but seems like it is one u can't leave unattended for long (has not went out or anything yet). 90896244-154F-4CC1-B73D-2253E23C941B.jpeg

Last Edited:
Well I got this Smartmouth mouthwash about a week ago.

Used it the first night and it was mild but woke up in the middle of the night with a really dry mouth and front of my tongue tingling. Didn't think a lot about it, maybe I hadn't had enough water that day - even though I drink a lot of it.

Used it the next morning and then that night and woke up with my whole mouth tingling.

Stopped using it and haven't been able to eat anything with texture or spice of any kind nor anything with even the slightest amount of acidity - strawberry jello tingled even.

My normal mouthwash and toothpaste made my tongue feel like it was on fire so I haven't even been able to brush my teeth for a week nor have a cigar.

Called the company and just need to mail them a print out of my receipt (since I got it from Amazon).

They did say it was very weird and that I shouldn't have had a reaction but glad I had stopped using it.

Was pretty disappointed after seeing so many good reviews. So maybe it was just me.

Today I grabbed a short 5Vegas A and the first half was very pepper loaded which has not been my previous experience but my tongue is still healing.

D848189B-BA9A-493F-8B29-6AEEA508E3EA.png

Reminds me of those miracle berry parties from a few years ago. The berry temporarily rewires your taste buds. Sour grapefruit tastes sweet etc. My thinking is why the heck would I want to screw up my taste buds? I think the miracle berry thing was just a fad (I hope ha ha).

Reminds me of those miracle berry parties from a few years ago. The berry temporarily rewires your taste buds. Sour grapefruit tastes sweet etc. My thinking is why the heck would I want to screw up my taste buds? I think the miracle berry thing was just a fad (I hope ha ha).

Supposedly your tastebuds regen every 2 weeks so you can train your palette if you were inclined to.

Was so nice to sit and have a cigar after some days away from it that I went inside and replaced the kitchen light fixtures, cleaned up and went back out for another.

Grabbed a Punch Gran Puro Nicaragua.

Have one more and really like them. Finally starting to have room in my humidor so by the time I've emptied half of it I'll be ready to buy a couple select boxes and a Maduro sampler or two. Maybe my Christmas lol:D

209C4DB4-43CC-4674-92FA-E091B4860AFE.jpeg

Brick house Maduro tonight.

Gotta stay with the ones I know don't have any spice and lean towards sweet till my tongue recovers.

Only had 2 and this is the last one but excellent quality and flavor.

Very dense. A Robusto lasts well over an hour.

D355651E-85CE-4293-AF96-8755F12733F3.jpeg

Tried a Kristoff Sumatra today. Wonderful cigar reminds me of last Cuban cohiba I had. Like many of the kristoffs I've had it seems to be in a whole different class. I would give it a score of 9.3/10 just cuz it's a little too full-bodied for my preference. Noticeable mouth presence and long finish.

Med-Full bodied. Smooth. Very strong flavors and lots of them.
Steak/meaty
Must
Red pepper and spice
Barnyard
Cherry
Wildflower
Vanilla
Minor Caramel
Minor Leather

Perfect burn,construction, draw
Tobaccos are Ecuador Sumatra wrapper, Brazilian binder, Dominican and Nicaraguan filler . Unique combo gives spicy ness and bit of a punch of Nicaraguan plus smoothness of Dominican. not sure yet what Brazilian provides but it's good whatever it is. I'm a big fan of Sumatra wrapper cigars in general. This cigar has some strength for sure but won't set u on your a$* like Cain or similar CB7C9C2C-27BF-40A7-B47B-EB273D8FEF4C.jpeg 567960B0-C1F7-4C15-A96C-1C56B9392131.jpeg

Last Edited:
Taste buds and tongue have recovered thankfully ;)

Celebrating with an Oliva V Maduro (the real thing not a 2nds:D).

I really love these things:cool: just about perfect for my Maduro tastes.

The construction on these have all been excellent and a Robusto lasts a good 90 min, very firm pack but good draw on them.

This is over an hour into it and there's easily another half hour left - they don't get bitter and I draw on it fairly often.

Slight pepper in the first half an inch or so but chocolate and coffee from there out.

BA600907-8548-47D6-8294-514A0A0F79B0.jpeg

3rd man o war virtue for me today. Nice and soft feels perfect now so wanted to give it another try or at least use them up. Unfortunately it's a harsh as the first 2. Definitely not for me. Stings/hurts throat. Very harsh for me. For someone else they might like it I dunno. Construction is good. C2C9B249-5580-4533-B0CB-0EDAFECDE28B.jpeg

Grabbed a 5 Vegas A Churchill- idk wtf but the wrapper started with a crack near the head, not from the cut.

Then just started Cracking everywhere- it's decidedly a less then pleasant experience...

flavors still good but it's a super light draw and I have to pull 3-4 times to get a decent mouthful of smoke.

Wife's asleep and my humidor is in there so I've just been dealing with it, otherwise I'd have tossed it long ago.

I won't make it thru till the end I'm sure but it is making me appreciate all the good ones I smoke lol

image.jpg

Dang it's been so hot in the shade out on the back that I'm either not getting a cigar in during the day or I'm putting it out early cuz I'm covered in sweat....:oops:

It's pretty nice by 10pm at night so I've been sneaking out and getting a nice smoke in after the wife falls asleep.

Smoking my last Olivia 2nds VM tonight.

I am pretty sure I'm getting spoiled cuz my less then stellar cigars aren't getting touched.

Going to have to start smoking the lower end of my preference stuff though cuz I'm not buying anything until my humidor only has stuff I like in it.

I may also start looking at auction sites to start selling what I'd rather not smoke. It would be ideal to sell it all as a lot or 2 and just be done with it though honestly.

Any suggestions for where to offload my overstock would be helpful ;)

Tabak Especial Cafe con Leche

Interesting multi-wrappered infused cigar.

not as strong or thick on the smoke as I like but figured it was a curiosity and it is hot as hell on my back porch so no loss if it ends early.

Construction is excellent, burn, long tight white ash. Flavors are not bad but wouldn't be an every day cigar for me.

FD441A75-B759-4CDD-B3F8-D6701FA2997E.jpeg E8192752-E765-410A-A84A-A974AB5DB424.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews