JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, gang, it's getting real now. Wife has accepted the new job in Indiana. She'll be headed there in a couple weeks. Me and the kids will stay put until she's sure the new job is a good fit, maybe 2-3 months. It's a huge career move for her. She takes over a state wide community outreach program for a large transportation safety organization. Doubles her salary and gives her unlimited opportunities in the future if it works out. I have ZERO reason to think it won't. She's a force of nature when it comes to running programs.

Anyway, did my due diligence on Indiana gun laws, it looks like we hit the jackpot:

Constitutional Carry
Open Carry
Shall Issue Licensing
No Permit to Purchase
No Registration
BGC at Dealers Only
No BGC on Private Sales
Pro-gun Attitudes from State Officials
State Jealously Guards Its Pre-Emption Law
Stand Your Ground

Anybody found any drawbacks? I can't. The only thing I have found is a distinct lack of long range rifle ranges. Anyway, wish us luck. Here we go again!

Well, gang, it's getting real now. Wife has accepted the new job in Indiana. She'll be headed there in a couple weeks. Me and the kids will stay put until she's sure the new job is a good fit, maybe 2-3 months. It's a huge career move for her. She takes over a state wide community outreach program for a large transportation safety organization. Doubles her salary and gives her unlimited opportunities in the future if it works out. I have ZERO reason to think it won't. She's a force of nature when it comes to running programs.

Anyway, did my due diligence on Indiana gun laws, it looks like we hit the jackpot:

Constitutional Carry
Open Carry
Shall Issue Licensing
No Permit to Purchase
No Registration
BGC at Dealers Only
No BGC on Private Sales
Stand Your Ground

Anybody found any drawbacks? I can't. The only thing I have found is a distinct lack of long range rifle ranges. Anyway, wish us luck. Here we go again!
Humidity in the summer might kinda suck, depending on what part of the state you're in. I took a business trip to St Louis once in the middle of the summer, and it was... unpleasant.

Constitutional Carry
Open Carry
Shall Issue Licensing
No Permit to Purchase
No Registration
BGC at Dealers Only
No BGC on Private Sales
Stand Your Ground

Congrats and best wishes to you and your family!

The wife complains about this nonstop; all the places that have good politics have bubblegum climate, all the places with nice climate are overrun with commies. It's like a law of the universe or something; you can't have both at the same time.
Everyone wants the prime real estate.

Humidity in the summer might kinda suck, depending on what part of the state you're in. I took a business trip to St Louis once in the middle of the summer, and it was... unpleasant.
I lived in Branson, MO for 5 years with fog and 80 degrees at 5 am some summer mornings. You get used to it.

Constitutional Carry
Open Carry
Shall Issue Licensing
No Permit to Purchase
No Registration
BGC at Dealers Only
No BGC on Private Sales
Stand Your Ground

Congratulation, especially in these economic times. Hope this works out and provides the best possible future for your family. Blessings for success.

So long as you're not wanting, you can get used to living anywhere. I've lived in the midwest, you get used to it. Vaya con Dios.

Congrats.
I spent May through August working in the sticks outside of Kokomo in the summer of '86. You get used to the weather. Being from Michigan, it wasn't much different to me. Fields filled with 10' tall corn are impressive. The people were fun. For kicks, we'd go to the dirt track races and have great fun afterward.
I'm confident you won't become a flat-lander after moving there.
I love the nature here, but one thing I've learned -- you can find beauty, peace and fulfillment anywhere you live.
Acquaintances from Michigan tell me the groundhog and coyote hunting can get really busy. I think you'll need a good straight-wall deer rifle like the 450 Bushmaster or a 44 Mag lever action -- or an Ithaca Deerslayer.
Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top